Ableton Sucks Again..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rave

Re: Ableton Sucks Again..

Post by Rave » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:18 am

8.0.9 ftw :D

8O

Post by 8O » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:56 am

mholloway wrote:
8O wrote:New one is in the beta forum already and also linked to in the old beta thread in the general forum...
um. where?
In the beta forum and in the old beta thread in the general forum.

esky

Post by esky » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:10 am

I think its funny that its always the same people that are whining. Make a new sticky "The Whining Room" or something like that. The moderator should be a priest. Or a psychologist. No...wait...we call that sticky "The leather couch" ...
Ok, sorry...i'm just sick of these "f*** Ableton s**** sh***" threats...

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:17 am

3phase wrote:You are forced to use the beta because the overbuggy state of live and than the beta runs out in the middle of a session with no new one avaible?

Ok.. we leave the studio now.. go to a bar..and send the bill to ableton...
you DO know that development takes TIME? and you DO know that one ALWAYS releases a beta first?

no?

still not?

damn, how long do you have to learn? how long? ah, right, you just want to flame ableton, right? you know all that allready, but still love to bash.

still interested how ableton haven't just deleted and blocked you :)

according to http://marketing-pr.suite101.de/article ... propaganda, you're this one:
Motiviert zur negativen Mund zu Mund Propaganda

Für die Verbreitung negativer Erfahrungen gibt es drei Motivationsansätze:

Der „Warner“: Um weiteren Kunden negative Erlebnisse zu ersparen, fühlt er sich dafür verantwortlich die Allgemeinheit zu warnen.

Der „Frustrierte“: Er baut seinen Frust über Gespräche bezüglich seiner negativen Erlebnisse ab.
and you try to make yourself feel good by thinking you're the 'Warner'..

btw esky: the same people? no, the same PERSON.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:30 am

nuperspective wrote:change the record.
There's only 1 record. His presence on the forum is like his musical presence on a retro acid party.

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:37 am

Tone Deft wrote:
"Live quit unexpectedly while you were working, would you like Live to recover?" why must we be taunted with this?? it doesn't work. it might as well ask "I just raped your sister, would you like to watch again?"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

robnotrob

Post by robnotrob » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 pm

You know what, we all know 8's battered, end of...

We'll just have to stick it out with 7 till Ableton sort there ish out,

Me, well I've got the logic disks all lined up for installation this weekend.. we'll see if I fair better with that, I've honestly got to say the time lost with problems in 8 has scuppered at least one record deal for me. Thanks! pleh

robnotrob

Post by robnotrob » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:43 pm

robnotrob wrote:You know what, we all know 8's battered, end of...

We'll just have to stick it out with 7 till Ableton sort there ish out,

Me, well I've got the logic disks all lined up for installation this weekend.. we'll see if I fair better with that, I've honestly got to say the time lost with problems in 8 has scuppered at least one record deal for me. Thanks! pleh
Sorry for sounding bitter here.. maybe they could stick that quote on the front page of the website with a picture of me banging my head on the table..

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:50 pm

"we all know 8 is battered.."
except for all those WHERE IT WORKS?

yes, there are problems for SOME, and there are too much problems. but for very many, there AREN'T really problems.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

robnotrob

Post by robnotrob » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Nah, what are you talking about, try and use any legitimate plugin with it and there is literally a 50/50 chance it'll crash out. Modifying racks also appears to under certain circumstances crash ableton out, changing the audio device driver after a session of 30 mins will crash ableton out, changing the driver latency can crash ableton out. Damn I even found a issue where a having a drum rack was course ableton to use 100% cpu resource while able was idle.. I work in software testing this product is broken!
davepermen wrote:"we all know 8 is battered.."
except for all those WHERE IT WORKS?

yes, there are problems for SOME, and there are too much problems. but for very many, there AREN'T really problems.
Stop being a fanboy and realise the product is too unstable to trust in any professional capacity...

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Rave wrote:8.0.9 ftw :D
+1

except this tiny bug where freezed tracks don't recognize a removed stop button in session view, it's the version I love and use

8.0.5 was perfect but no launchpad in the list_ could I update the list in 8.0.5?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:30 pm

esky wrote:I think its funny that its always the same people that are whining. Make a new sticky "The Whining Room" or something like that. The moderator should be a priest. Or a psychologist. No...wait...we call that sticky "The leather couch" ...
well they would not be necessary if they would get there act together.

and thanks god people got super pissed off and aggressive! otherwise there would not have been a serious action from ableton's side to concentrate on the issue of stability. and they should only stop once it's super stable, the most stable of all applications around, for the vast majority of users, it's a german product i demand hardcore, ultra hardcore quality and no failure should be tolerated. pressure is healthy as you can clearly see...

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132761

and has lead to a change!!!
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Hermanus wrote:
+1

except this tiny bug where freezed tracks don't recognize a removed stop button in session view, it's the version I love and use

8.0.5 was perfect but no launchpad in the list_ could I update the list in 8.0.5?
i am happy for the M4L users.
*** Image GAFM ***

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Rave. Dude. Any chance you can sling an 8.0.9 dmg file my way? If you're on a Mac, that is. Can't remember. I've been asking Ableton and they flat out refuse.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

esky

Post by esky » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:11 pm

SubFunk wrote:
esky wrote:I think its funny that its always the same people that are whining. Make a new sticky "The Whining Room" or something like that. The moderator should be a priest. Or a psychologist. No...wait...we call that sticky "The leather couch" ...
well they would not be necessary if they would get there act together.

and thanks god people got super pissed off and aggressive! otherwise there would not have been a serious action from ableton's side to concentrate on the issue of stability. and they should only stop once it's super stable, the most stable of all applications around, for the vast majority of users, it's a german product i demand hardcore, ultra hardcore quality and no failure should be tolerated. pressure is healthy as you can clearly see...

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132761

and has lead to a change!!!
I agree that the persistance of some people reminding that Live 8 is not stable for a lot of users hopefully leads to a better product in the end, but i doubt that whining or insults or aggressive behaviour or whatever are helpful. Especially when used like the already mentioned record...