THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
alvarog

Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Post by alvarog » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:55 pm

Up!!

Please, add .nkm (Kontakt multi) import support, as well as nki and other formats batch import. I can't figure why these are not yet implemented, right now importing whole kontakt collections into live's Sampler is a PITA.
AMD Phenom II X4 | 8GB DDR3 | Raptor 10.000rpm RAID 0 | Win7 Ultimate 64bit | Suite 8 + VSTis | RME Fireface400 | KORG MicroKONTROL | 7 string custom electric guitar

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 pm

.doc and .xls support would be great too. That way I can install it on my work PC and write letters and build spreadsheets while I launch clips.

Kristijonas

Post by Kristijonas » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:49 pm

:lol:
SOUNDPROVOCATION
Check out my new release: "Eccentric Grooves"

tenderboy

Post by tenderboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:11 pm

request for APC 40:
save status of APC with liveset

when opening a set the APC gets back to its default status: no track selected, track control on "pan",...

would be cool if I could save the status I want with the live set (eg: track one selected, device nr 2 (on track 1) in device control selected, track control an "send B"...)

adXok

Post by adXok » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:44 pm

So is Comping available yet or what?!

Give me some more DAW features please.

1. Multiple takes
2. Comping
3. FX per clip
4. Grouping parameters

Kristijonas

Post by Kristijonas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Octave buttons in "Pitch" plug-in:
SOUNDPROVOCATION
Check out my new release: "Eccentric Grooves"

alvarog

Post by alvarog » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:46 pm

H20nly wrote:.doc and .xls support would be great too. That way I can install it on my work PC and write letters and build spreadsheets while I launch clips.
yes i forgot that also, you've taken the words right out of my mouth :)
AMD Phenom II X4 | 8GB DDR3 | Raptor 10.000rpm RAID 0 | Win7 Ultimate 64bit | Suite 8 + VSTis | RME Fireface400 | KORG MicroKONTROL | 7 string custom electric guitar

abletonnile

Post by abletonnile » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:57 pm

note quantisation for drum rack drum pads

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:36 pm

julienb wrote:REAL and big spacious window for max for live patches
I don't talk about the editor mode (that already can provide a fullscreen window) but in runtime mode (=playing mode)

(discussed there: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133179)

+1

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Returns in Instrument Racks like you can with Drum Racks.

Better CPU utilization (I understand that Live's live focus often requires more CPU use), perhaps with Live and Studio modes.

More cool/crazy effects, like the Grain Delay, for example. I wonder how a granular distortion or filter would sound... :?:
I don't 'produce.' I write music.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Slightly overlapping with "Clips 13", but it definitely expands on the idea (let's call it a "Scene hot loop")

I really want some easily accessible way of looping on the fly primarily in Session view, but this could - and should -
be implemented in Arrangement too:

Let's say you have your clips set up with Follow Actions to play next clip after X bars/beats: first of all, you want to be able to jump to the
next clip when the current one reaches its end marker - that's a no-brainer. Then, you'd want to set a provisional loop,
which would be adjustable with mappable controls; effectively you'd have a hot key / midi button which would start looping
all currently playing clips at a predetermined loop size (pressing the button again would deactivate the loop, and return to
whatever Follow Actions you've got going. You would of course be able to launch other clips while the loop is running, which
would override the loop on a per track basis.

Ultra quick mock-up:

aVus

Post by aVus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Operator:
- Multiple LFOs assignable to various (any) oscillator parameter.
- Freely drawable oscillator envelope (not just the "ADSR" thing) to be able to create long evolving patterns.
- right-click function to "copy envelope to ALL OTHER oscillators", not just one-by-one.

aVus

Post by aVus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:46 pm

unless that is doable (and i don’t know how to do this), i’d also suggest:

SAMPLER - snap the end of a sample to the beat grid:
suppose you have a noise sample of a snare that is 1 second long. you reverse it and want to add it to your drums track (midi or audio) just before next snare hit (you know, that sssssshhhhhhBAM-effect), so the loudest part of the reversed sample exactly ends just before the next “normal” snare hits. currently, you have to figure out how long 1 second is in bars, and enter the trigger at the right spot in the midi editor, so the sample’s end meets with the next snare hit. there should be however a function where Live can compute itself when it has to trigger the sample in order to match the next beat (or something similar), i.e. “snap the end of a sample to the grid”...

IP

Post by IP » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:47 pm

you can do it now but it is pain ...

first drop the sample to an audio track and do some warping to feet exactly to *.*.* (bar-beats etc depend of the length of your sample) and then drop it to sampler.

then set the midi note length at exactly the same time :?

dont know if there is any other easier solution ...

good suggestion anyway

vitalispopoff

Post by vitalispopoff » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Mixer - general.
There's a bit mess with a channel kinds in mixer. For instance: when creating a new midi channel, one may put in it a waveform and the channel automatically changes into midi channel, unfortunatelly there's no way to change an audio channel into midi that way. Also there's no problem with reordering the midi/audio channels but, all the return channels are just stuck in the order they are created. This should be changed. In general it would be great if:
+ there was no channel "specialization" in the first place - channels just become midi/audio/return regarding on what one puts inside;
+ there was a possibility to create internal return channels for each channel group;
+ as mentioned before: nested channel grouping was enabled (channel groups in another channel group)
+ as mentioned before: channel group freezing
+ tempos: afair there is still a problem with a time signature numerator. Not a long time ago I've tried to put something like 6/5 and live just ignored that. It is just a pain in the ass when one wants to work on polyrhythmic patterns.

Instruments/MIDI - general
There's not enough midi support for abe's instruments regarding sound banks.
Currently every midi track comes with a "Bank", "Sub-bank" and "Program" information (Clip View>Notes), althought these work with external instruments only, while should with each abe's intrument as well.

And yeah: sidechain everything, but imo that should regard to the MIDI devices too.

Now a few words on why:
It is still very hard to make a good mixdown. One may of course render each track for it separately and after opening a new project put all the stuff together, and try to make it sound fine, but at least in my case, this ends with continous jumpin' from one project to another just to make some small changes in a track that doesn't fit at the momment. This becomes anoying when there are like 20 tracks and three or more of them play together in the mixdown.
I wish I could just open a mixdown project, import all that tracks as an opened sessions (each imported track becomes let say a channel group with its own return channels and internal routing) and work on it as a one extremely long track.

[edit]
And one more extremely cool feature: clips for the return tracks. The clips that include preset settings + automation/looping (just like a ordinary midi clips)
MBP/ M-Audio FW 410/ OSX 8/AL 9 Suite/ UC33e + Drehbank