Anbody own a goat?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Re: Anbody own a goat?

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:22 am

LOL this thread made my day
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:46 am

funky shit wrote:jesus christ i just read all of that :lol:
thanks. I can only hope I adequately conveyed the thrill of owning goats to any cretin considering, for even a second, that they are merely scampering lawnmowers.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:55 am

mikemc wrote:If you have females and males and you milk the females, the males cannot get near the milk, they will make it stink. The males have a very strong odor, they pee on themselves for cologne, and the whole "horny goat" deal is a very accurate stereotype. Most people who raise them keep the males separated most of the time.
I can confirm this. We had goats when I was a kid, the females are great, the males on the other hand are horny, ornery, and they do pee on their faces for cologne. Also, things are tough as hell, electric fences aren't much use.They don't make good lawnmowers, like you said, they eat any longer plant in sight. They like weed a lot, same with horses. :D

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:17 am

Machinesworking wrote: I can confirm this. We had goats when I was a kid, the females are great, the males on the other hand are horny, ornery, and they do pee on their faces for cologne. Also, things are tough as hell, electric fences aren't much use.They don't make good lawnmowers, like you said, they eat any longer plant in sight. They like weed a lot, same with horses. :D
How do they pee on their faces? Do they work a buddy system or something?

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 am

ThrowAway wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: I can confirm this. We had goats when I was a kid, the females are great, the males on the other hand are horny, ornery, and they do pee on their faces for cologne. Also, things are tough as hell, electric fences aren't much use.They don't make good lawnmowers, like you said, they eat any longer plant in sight. They like weed a lot, same with horses. :D
yeah seriously i would like to know, i could probably go look it up but im to lazy, i wana hear from the people who have goats!
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:16 pm

do you need the goat for satanic rituals or just regular disturbing bestiality?

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Angora goats you can make sweaters...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:19 pm

me too. surprisingly and horrifyingly interesting.

v0ins315

Post by v0ins315 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Woah this is a serious question?
Cool Character wrote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
http://www.soundcloud.com/v0ins
http://www.facebook.com/v0ins

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:30 pm

Bleep Blop Ima Robot wrote:
ThrowAway wrote:
yeah seriously i would like to know, i could probably go look it up but im to lazy, i wana hear from the people who have goats!
:lol: ok, imagine the way a male dog, while standing up, might lift his leg to pee. Then, imagine the dog bending his head around and down so that he pees on his face. Then, imagine the dog making a sound something like "gabbababbaa labbba lamma hey" with it's tongue hanging half out of it's mouth and a crazed look in its eye.

Then, imagine the dog is a goat.

[edit] it is a little unsettling when you see this for the first time. The male goat seems oddly and inordinately proud of itself once so self-anointed.

[edit edit] thinking a little more, the difference between the goat and the dog, the goat lifts its front leg, not the back. The way it brings its head back is also kind of the way a cat bends its head around to scratch the top of its head
with its back leg.

[edit edit edit] There is a kind of spine twisting, too. You can try this yourself, get down on all fours naked and lift your left arm as if to smell your left armpit, then kind of bend sideways while getting your head as close to your left hip as possible. Then, piss in your face.

Then, imagine you are a goat.
Last edited by mikemc on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:10 pm

what about sheep?

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Notes to self:

Mike knows stuff about goats. But not enough to fully convince me that he really knows what he's doing as a goat herder of any standing.

Remove 'Goat' from list of animals wanted.

Add 'moar cat' to above list.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 pm

^lol true enough. I am only slightly more successful a musician as a goatherd, which should seal the above observation nicely.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:58 pm

You need to get a Moroccan goat that is an expert at the traditional method of creating Argun oil. That shit (pun intended) goes for $28 an ounce.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 pm

thats horrifying...but interesting.