Video filters and transitions

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
spiderdog

Video filters and transitions

Post by spiderdog » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:45 pm

I would like to see some video filters and transitions built into ableton. I usually use Final Cut Pro for video editing but i wish that it had the ability to to snap video clips to a beat grid so I could get real tight with syncing.
I found myself scoring a video in ableton and it was sooooo nice. I wish I could have done the whole thing in ablton.

anyone working with video in ableton?

what do yu guys think?

webslave

Re: Video filters and transitions

Post by webslave » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:38 pm

I don't use video but understand the need of some video support in Live. I'd say it'd probably make more sense to ensure compatability with other better video products than to add too much video functionality to Live. Either that or create an alternative version of live with a focus on video.

posssu

Re: Video filters and transitions

Post by posssu » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:14 pm

I work with video in Live all the time, but only with material that's already edited... but I personally think they have so much on the audio side to fix and implement that converting Live to a video editing application would make little sense compared to the work it would require.

But helpful basic functions like video cropping and other things that help fitting the video to the music and make the video file smaller are more than welcome.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live