Beyond Live 8 what's next really?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
davepermen

Re: Beyond Live 8 what's next really?

Post by davepermen » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Pasha wrote:
davepermen wrote: how about instead being able to have sort of "macros in channel". so you can add an eq8, or an eq3, or what ever you like (a compressor), say "map to track", and you get a knob added above the send-knobs (or below, doesn't matter to me) so you can quickly use it.
that way, you could have a setup similar to harrison mixbus, but flexible like live is.
YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!!!
I have never thought about that. That's great. :D
shhht don't tell too loud. others don't like me in here :)

it would actually be a similar idea to my request for a "stage view". it would be sort of a "track stage" view, or so :) (and stage view would be a collection of all the knobs you want for a live act (and all the clips and such))
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:20 pm

davepermen wrote:
Pasha wrote:
davepermen wrote: how about instead being able to have sort of "macros in channel". so you can add an eq8, or an eq3, or what ever you like (a compressor), say "map to track", and you get a knob added above the send-knobs (or below, doesn't matter to me) so you can quickly use it.
that way, you could have a setup similar to harrison mixbus, but flexible like live is.
YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!!!
I have never thought about that. That's great. :D
shhht don't tell too loud. others don't like me in here :)

it would actually be a similar idea to my request for a "stage view". it would be sort of a "track stage" view, or so :) (and stage view would be a collection of all the knobs you want for a live act (and all the clips and such))
Actually I was whispering... :mrgreen:
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Machinesworking wrote:universal assignable key commands for all major functions.
+1, and getting rid of the 'hardwired nonsense' plus the ability to have screen shots, not sub windows, just the ability to recall a setting, like browser open and meters large with view to the plugs and the like via an assignable key.

plus making more things midi / key mappable like group folding / unfolding. and plugin window open / close of 3rd party plugs via one assignable key.
fixed to a certain plugin.

basically i would like to see more performance orientated enhancements.

but before all that a dead stable live. i happily wait 2 - 3 years for a new version. no rush, just the wish for stability, really.
*** Image GAFM ***