Mouse problems with multi-core mode

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ilya.soloviev

Mouse problems with multi-core mode

Post by ilya.soloviev » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:52 am

Hello everyone
i really need some help out there.
I run Ableton Live 8 on macbook pro 3,1 (2.2Ghz, 4GB Ram) on Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and i have serious weird problems when activating Multi-Core support
my mouse start to move with interruptions, not smooth so its almost impossible to work...
I've tried everything, reinstalling OSX (both 10.5 and 10.6)...tried demo of version 7..all the same
I hope It cant be the problems with my hardware because when i run Logic 8 its running very smooth and fast with no problems at all

Ableton support not answering to me (i think because they have no idea what it can be)

If anybody can tell some advices and clue what can be the reason of this problem or at least confirm the same problem i would very appreciate it!

Thanks!

jok

Re: Mouse problems with multi-core mode

Post by jok » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Ilya,

that sounds strange. Does the problem occur with your trackpad or while using an external mouse? If only the latter is the case, which mouse do you use, how is it connected?

Also: does the problem occur with any set (also with new ones), or only with large sets?

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:21 am

Hi Jorg!
Thanks for your reply!
The problem persist on both trackpad and mouse and only when multi-core mode is on
The problem occur more when the project and cpu load becomes bigger. Also when i set larger buffer size...

jok

Post by jok » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:22 am

Hi Ilya,

could you send a set with which the problem typically happens (just the .als, no audio files) to support@ableton.com?

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:48 am

ok, will do this
However its not depends on the project, i have this problem in all projects

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:49 am

I do believe you can help me solve this as im feeling very sad about this!
Thanks again for your attention!

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:00 am

Well, during my further investigations i've discovered that this problem is somehow related with my MPB battery. When i removed it and start my MBP only with power adapter, the mouse interruptions become much stronger and even on empty project and my cpu overload is more that 130% with multi-core enabled (it was about 70% when battery was placed).

Any ideas?

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:05 am

Just bought a new macbook pro and still has the same problems!! I can't believe im just alone with this problem!

Could someone confirm the same?

diogo_semedo

Post by diogo_semedo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:45 pm

I have similar problems. I have a MBP and the mouse starts getting weird with Ableton, both trackpad and external mouse.

Additionally, I have a CPU-eating problem, also reported.

Ableton simply tells I use too many VST's (13?) and my brand new MBP can't hold it. Which is obviously false. I used Live 7 for A LOT of time, with a lot more of VST and AU and I was not having this problems.

Come on Ableton!
MacBook Pro 15,4" Dual Core 2,4 Ghz, 4 GB DDR3, xiosynth 49, Live 8.1.3 and .4b, Traktor Scratch Pro, Yamaha HSM80.