Anbody own a goat?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Guff Tong

Re: Anbody own a goat?

Post by Guff Tong » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Been down Goats Eye run in Banf and our village here in wiltshire uk has a communal goat for the odd piece of eco-lawn (and anything else in reach) mowing.

Love goat curry too....

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:39 pm

funky shit wrote:jesus christ i just read all of that :lol:
Shit so did I, and made a mental note that I'd want a full size goat so it could defend itself

I vote sticky this thread, a first for the lounge. To make it so we must all close our eyes and chant Domdomdomdomdomdom...

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:33 pm

This was a serious question. I have a big forest behind my back garden and it gets quite wild out there.
Was just hoping to tie it to a tree on a long lead and let it eat everything so it clears the forest a bit.

Wouldnt mind a bit of milk but that's not necessary.
Drums

Green Lemon

Post by Green Lemon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Sticky!

My god Mike, my sides hurt from goaty laughter.

I'd try peeing on my face, but I'm at work right now.
--
first 1k as chrysalis33rpm.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:28 pm

Cryptic UK wrote:This was a serious question. I have a big forest behind my back garden and it gets quite wild out there.
Was just hoping to tie it to a tree on a long lead and let it eat everything so it clears the forest a bit.
The sort of area you are talking about is what they will clear very nicely, that is exactly what we use them for. You would want full sized goats, and if milk is not an issue I would say you get what usually called 'alpine' goats.

Or if you want something a little unusual, go for LaMancha goats, they don't have ears and so they look kind of like dinosaurs:

Unfortunately, tying goats to a lead will not work. They are herd animals and their instinct is to follow the 'lead goat' around. If you isolate them like that, they will aimlessly wrap themselves around whatever tree to tie them to, and then they will make a sound like "BLWAAAAAHHHH" over and over and over. This sounds almost exactly like someone is assaulting an 80 year old woman in the middle of the forest, so you could expect the local authorities to be alerted.

[edit] here is a pretty good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0-lkl9TzsU

[edit edit] If you really want to give it a try, though, maybe you can borrow three or four that aren't too wild and are able to put them on leashes-- you have to have a secure place to keep them at night that they cannot escape from. If you walk around your area in the woods with them for two or three days, you will be amazed at how much and what they consume.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:04 pm

snakedogman wrote:there's no lawnmowers and supermarkets where you live?

goats are cool though.
Guff Tong wrote:Been down Goats Eye run in Banf and our village here in wiltshire uk has a communal goat for the odd piece of eco-lawn (and anything else in reach) mowing.

Love goat curry too....
So, no.

martin808

Post by martin808 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:05 am

A monkey on a goat on a cup on a tightrope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Vkg25269w

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:02 am

mikemc you freaking kill me...<3
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:22 pm

^ :-) fwiw, I am giving Cryptic my best possible goat info, to let him know what he may be getting into.

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Yeah thanks mike, some good info there.
I have a farm right next to me so i think i will go this weekend and see what they have.
Drums

RonaldDumsfeld

Post by RonaldDumsfeld » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Some Late Breaking Goat News. Just In.

Whilst it is impossible to tie a goat to a tree without risking a tricky conversation with the authorities you can tie them to a cinder block.

So they eat what close by but are a bit lazy and cba to drag the block very far.

My mate Kevin told me that. So it's his fault if it's all lies.

dum

Post by dum » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:27 pm

tying an animal down like that is bullshit, whether it's legally acceptable or not.

and for the sole purpose of keeping your back yard trim ?

wow - kill yourselves!
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

RonaldDumsfeld

Post by RonaldDumsfeld » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Being tied by the neck to a cinder block is nothing mate.

I've done loads of worse jobs.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:27 pm

^lol it is a little like being married...

But, yes, it might work technicall but, well, dum's right-- it's not very nice to the animal, and there is no guarantee they still won't up going "BWLAAAAHH" if the cinderblock gets stuck on something.

@Cryptic-- damn, man: if you have a farmer neighbor that will lend some goatpower then set aside the weekend to hang out with some goats in the woods, sippin' some libations. If so, I guarantee you will have an entertaining post or two in this thread come Monday :D

willdahbe

Post by willdahbe » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:56 am

you guys make goats to be so glorified, i want one now so i can totally mistreat it.... cause i'm lazy.