Why Americans don't like European football

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Why Americans don't like European football

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:01 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/ ... tml?hpt=C2

Even the explanation was so long and uneventful that I couldn't finish it either. :lol:

outershpongolia

Re: Why Americans don't like European football

Post by outershpongolia » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:26 pm

beats me wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/ ... tml?hpt=C2

Even the explanation was so long and uneventful that I couldn't finish it either. :lol:
You mean soccer right? :lol: :oops:

In my experience, when we used to play (american) football out back in the school yard (does that make my sound old? cause I'm not), all the little soccer faggots would out run the real football players and act like they could just walk on to the field and play our game better than us.

Was a fucking treat to see them suit up in high school and get SMAAAASHHED by all of the bigger kids like me..

Go back to kicking a ball around a field and faking injuries to get the foul.

Not bashing on soccer necessarily, but I hated those kids and their little shake and bake moves.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:31 pm

beats me wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/ ... tml?hpt=C2

BECAUSE IT'S GAY!
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:32 pm

GAY!!!

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:33 pm

BUMP!

Did I mention it was GAY!!!!!!??????

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:46 pm

outershpongolia wrote:

Go back to kicking a ball around a field and faking injuries to get the foul.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:06 am

the_antagonist wrote:shhhhh we have rugby
This is true.. Those fuckers are hardcore.

Salty P

Post by Salty P » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 am

I really couldn't give a rat's arse if football ever took off in the US, it's not really like it struggling :roll:

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:22 am

meh. 20 years ago you were lucky if you found 1 out of 100 high schools around the USA offering a soccer program. Now, it's probably better than 1 in 10.

The popularity is a generational thing. It's getting bigger every year.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:24 am

I think it's getting marginally more popular because of hipsters who want to seem more worldly and attract euro chicks.

Back when I was a kid just about every boy I knew was forced to play in an after school soccer team more than any other sport. It was just what was done. You have a boy, you force them to play soccer. You would think that would create more interest but maybe as a result of it being forced it had the opposite affect.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:45 am

beats me wrote:I think it's getting marginally more popular because of hipsters who want to seem more worldly and attract euro chicks.

Back when I was a kid just about every boy I knew was forced to play in an after school soccer team more than any other sport. It was just what was done. You have a boy, you force them to play soccer. You would think that would create more interest but maybe as a result of it being forced it had the opposite affect.
Pretty much the same about kids being forced to play but it was football and baseball.. Not faggy soccer! :twisted:

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:54 am

It's not popular because

1) There are no commercial breaks every time out and every 15 minutes, leading to more time in an hour being TV ad revenue than focusing on the actual sport. So US TV networks don't want to show it unless the USA are in the World Cup. In the past some of these networks have flashed ads on screen while the game was playing and I even remember seeing during the player running up to take a penalty kick, a network split-screened it with a Gatorade commercial.

2) The USA (excepting Women's soccer, which has been very successful) have not won a World Cup or come remotely close to doing so, in spite of improved teams over the past 15-20 years who have competed quite well in spite of not winning. In America, it's all about the winning ... no one likes a loser.

3) (if I was being obnoxious) because people don't come around with hot dogs and popcorn every few minutes and you cannot buy beer inside the stadium once the game has started. Unlike baseball, which is so universally dull that people regularly wander off for beer/cigarettes/food or to masturbate in the toilet.

4) Because the USA is so huge, you don't get many visiting fans. Visiting fans showing up in big numbers pump up the volume and atmosphere if you attend games. Most soccer games in Britain (at least in the Premier League) are played at high tempo, few stoppages, to stadiums which (with one or two exceptions) are mostly full or completely full. Compare this to baseball, where most stadiums are less than 1/3 full, with constant stoppages etc.

5) Americans like violence in their sports, so football and hockey suit the bill. Whereas in Europe, people just watch boxing if they want to see violence. Or the supporters do the violence themselves at the soccer games !

People with no skill or brains usually say things such as 'soccer is for faggots' in the same way (US) football haters say '(US) football players are just lunkheads on steroids who would get killed at rugby, a real sport'. Both statements show a lack of intelligence.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 am

beats me wrote:I think it's getting marginally more popular because of hipsters who want to seem more worldly and attract euro chicks.

me...and got so bored of it it started with me just wondering off and kicking at the grass cuz i didnt care, eventually the team fell from 1st to last at the end of the season(prolly cuz i was lazy and didnt help out) but was still given a choice to come back and i said fuck that shit, piece of shit sport.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::