Ok geeks who do you reckon this is?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
fatrabbit

Re: Ok geeks who do you reckon this is?

Post by fatrabbit » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:58 am

Emissary wrote:
beats me wrote:I find it odd that so many people on this forum think this is a commercially successful artist. It may turn out to be but usually in these cases most people throw out their knowledge of the obscure.
seems to be quite a bit of money behind it to be fair, unless the artist also made the videos too, in which case they are a genius.
The videos are very well done, but you don't need that much money to do something like this.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Seems like a lot of great audio and video work is being done by relative nobodies at advertising firms, people like you or me who landed a job that gives them access to the latest and greatest in gear and software. Some firms even encourage their employees to work on these side projects with no intended audience to keep the creative juices flowing. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those situations.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:26 pm

fatrabbit wrote:
Emissary wrote:
beats me wrote:I find it odd that so many people on this forum think this is a commercially successful artist. It may turn out to be but usually in these cases most people throw out their knowledge of the obscure.
seems to be quite a bit of money behind it to be fair, unless the artist also made the videos too, in which case they are a genius.
The videos are very well done, but you don't need that much money to do something like this.
hmmm, well i'd say with camera, editng, makeup, location, CG, professional soundmix, your looking at a pretty big budget, i would imagine they were all shot at the same time and then later edited into smaller clips. Your probably looking at the very least £50,000, and thats on the cheap.

Rowlsten

Post by Rowlsten » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Might not be true but apparently she's been proven to be...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonna_Lee_(singer)