What will be your next gear purchase

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
SubFunk

Re: What will be your next gear purchase

Post by SubFunk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:21 pm

i managed to get maschine! hooray, and it is awesome. it integrates so well into all my existing software and is a hell lot of fun, standalone.

i actually can't believe myself that i bought something new... as i am not a gear junky anymore since years (actually constantly stripped down my once existing gear mania over time) but i don't regret it at all, this piece is some serious fun!
*** Image GAFM ***

DRStudio

Post by DRStudio » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Roland electronic drum kit. I'm having a tough time between buying the whole kit (TD-9KX) or the pieces separately, so i can have a better drum module like the TD-12 or TD-20X.

Is anybody here using one of those models? Thanks! :)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:19 pm

SubFunk wrote:i managed to get maschine! hooray, and it is awesome. it integrates so well into all my existing software and is a hell lot of fun, standalone.

i actually can't believe myself that i bought something new... as i am not a gear junky anymore since years (actually constantly stripped down my once existing gear mania over time) but i don't regret it at all, this piece is some serious fun!
Finally, you've been debating it forever :) Keep us informed of how you continue to get on with it once the initial joy wears off.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

gjm

Post by gjm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:47 pm

DRStudio wrote:Roland electronic drum kit. I'm having a tough time between buying the whole kit (TD-9KX) or the pieces separately, so i can have a better drum module like the TD-12 or TD-20X.

Is anybody here using one of those models? Thanks! :)
I am not using those models, all I could afford was the TD4K and Addictive Drums. Let me tell you though, I have not had so much fun with music in the last two years than I have in the last 2 months. I will get myself another CY-5 cymbal, the VH-11 Hi Hat and a double pedal later in the year, but seriously, that will be all I will be able to handle from a playing perspective (I am a very simple drummer). The vdrum.com forum has some really good info and some very helpful people if you have not gone there yet.

All the Best.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:14 pm

funky shit wrote:anybody want to make their next purchase a microkorg?
No point in purchasing if my buddies is sitting at my house right now..

This kid buys EVERYTHING and uses... his bass.

So I like to borrow things for a while so I can "show him how to use them better"

He never listens to my lessons so basically I just try out his gear for a while and then give it back, a long while later.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:25 pm

@ Tarekith, :lol: well the reason that i was debating it for so long is because i do always a hell lot of research before i buy, so it is rather unlikely to wear off fast... not impossible, though... however i will keep you updated about my impressions, still getting slowly into it. i totally love it already as a traktor controller, what i needed first and it's giving me all the control i need out of a box.., to be continued.., :D
*** Image GAFM ***

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:29 pm

SubFunk wrote:@ Tarekith, :lol: well the reason that i was debating it for so long is because i do alwaysca hell lot of research before i buy, so it is rather unlikely to wear off fast... not impossible, though... however i will keep you updated about my impressions, still getting slowly into it. i totally love it already as a traktor controller, what i needed first and it's giving me all the control i need out of a box.., to be continued.., :D
Speaking of traktor. I enjoyed those mixes.
so did a friend of mine.. burned them and put them in the car..

after we got fed up early hours on the decks at a party last week, i just headed to the car and got the "question mix" and put it on.
i didnt retrieve it either so id say more people are appreciating it also :lol:

good job

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:50 pm

@ funky shit, thanks for the nice feedback :D , really appreciated!
*** Image GAFM ***

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Hey Axel, where are these mixes you speak of? I'd like to have a listen too.. :D

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Pitch Black wrote:Hey Axel, where are these mixes you speak of? I'd like to have a listen too.. :D
hey Paddy, they are not public right now, i PM'ed you!
*** Image GAFM ***

Rave

Post by Rave » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:54 pm

funky shit wrote:
SubFunk wrote:@ Tarekith, :lol: well the reason that i was debating it for so long is because i do alwaysca hell lot of research before i buy, so it is rather unlikely to wear off fast... not impossible, though... however i will keep you updated about my impressions, still getting slowly into it. i totally love it already as a traktor controller, what i needed first and it's giving me all the control i need out of a box.., to be continued.., :D
Speaking of traktor. I enjoyed those mixes.
so did a friend of mine.. burned them and put them in the car..

after we got fed up early hours on the decks at a party last week, i just headed to the car and got the "question mix" and put it on.
i didnt retrieve it either so id say more people are appreciating it also :lol:

good job
i concur :)

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:59 pm

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:14 pm

@ Rave, thanks fella :D
*** Image GAFM ***

greta

Post by greta » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:34 am

The plan is that my next purchase will be a US Fender Jazzmaster reissue although while i save up for that i'm not sure how much longer i can hold out for Amplitude 3.

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:45 am

contakt321 wrote:Drooling over a MonoMachine at the moment
Just won one on Ebay, dying in anticipation waiting for this to show up.