Crysonic No-brainer

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elxicano

Re: Crysonic No-brainer

Post by elxicano » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:
rekloos wrote:anybody has issues with SpectraPhy in live 8.1.1? it crashes everytime i try to use it,
even in a empty project.....
Hmmm strange I have exactly the same problem but with the other plugin (nXtasy V3).
It's a pity because I would love to use it.

I ordered the spectralive NXT V3.5 yesterday. Hope this one works.
Didn't try them with a demo because it was only €20.
I haven't had any crash issues with SpectraPhy LE nor nXtaasy V3... the same goes for Sindo V3.5. What I have noticed is that adjusting knobs on the plugin GUI's freezes the meters, but only while turning knobs on the plugs. U-he's products used to do the same thing, but that's since been fixed. I also think that they didn't do enough animations frames on the knobs for SpectPhy LE, but I don't really consider that complaint worthy... just an observation.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:40 am

I want to jump in on this deal but I would appreciate some help as I'm not familiar with Crysonic. I'm keen on getting the newB bass enhancer. Does this do roughly the same thing as Waves MaxxBass plugin?

ImageImage
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:54 am

Demo it.

Short answer - yes, but it is not quite as effective. It is still a useful tool at it's price point and functions well. IMO of course, as someone who owns New BV2 and who has used MaxxBass at work many hundred times.

In the same way Audio Damage's ADVerb is good for the money but not as good as UAD's EMT 140 and Audio Damage's Dubstep, while great for the money, is not as good as UAD's Roland Space Echo. However. Audio Damage's plugins cost 6 times less and need no DSP, so give great performance for the money. New BV2 is like that and is a lot improved on the original New BV.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 am

leedsquietman wrote:Demo it.

Short answer - yes, but it is not quite as effective...
Upon closer inspection... I'm not so sure. Crysonics claim their plugin does two inherently different things, simultaneously! ...compress low frequency energy -and- generate subharmonic content to mix with the original signal. From their website:

"newB V2 now features a sub-harmonic compressor which can be adjusted to taste depending on the audio material. The compressor can be used to 'bring out' more detail and better target the audio into a mix."

"newB(V2) increases the perceived amount of bass by adding / mixing specific sub-harmonic content from the original bass, thereby allowing our brains to hear lower-frequencies than may exist in the original audio material."

The attractive thing about MaxxBass is that it allows you to decrease the energy of the fundamental bass frequency by generating related harmonics and then selectively blending them in with the original signal allowing for more headroom.

By contrast if newB is compressing the subharmonic signal it would seem that it would further increase the energy at the low end of the spectrum which is exactly the opposite of what I want to do. I suppose I could just set the compression to zero and just use the harmonic enrichment aspect of the plug but it's not clear from the interface how to do that.
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:19 am

Have you tried applying it onto audio ? Download the demo and try it out.

Maxxbass generates harmonics too, Crysonic New BV2 has many algorithms and some of them do a similar thing to Maxxbass (not just sub-harmonics) - I think it's just poor documentation on Crysonic's part (actually that is an area they are weak on). You will notice a wide variation in the effect with the presets, some of which act at least somewhat like Maxxbass in terms of the processed sound. Alternatively, you can choose presets/make your own effect to boom-shake-shake-shake the room ...

Compression is optional and user controlled on New BV2 and Maxxbass.

Always try before buy !
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:24 am

leedsquietman wrote:Have you tried applying it onto audio ?
Yes! And it rocks. I got it as my third bonus plugin and it's the best one! You are right it does pretty much what MaxxBass does and the compression is optional. I have been struggling with the bass on one of my tracks for months!
The riff was created in SampleTank then sent output to AmpegSVX on a discreet track. Still not happy I threw TRacks compressor on it. So today I was elated when I threw newB into the chain and... presto! Nice, clear, defined. I highly recommend this as the third plug to any one taking part in this deal.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:26 am

Yay, a positive result !

stevenclements

Post by stevenclements » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 am

elxicano wrote:
Sarrova-Q wrote:
rekloos wrote:anybody has issues with SpectraPhy in live 8.1.1? it crashes everytime i try to use it,
even in a empty project.....
Hmmm strange I have exactly the same problem but with the other plugin (nXtasy V3).
It's a pity because I would love to use it.

I ordered the spectralive NXT V3.5 yesterday. Hope this one works.
Didn't try them with a demo because it was only €20.
I haven't had any crash issues with SpectraPhy LE nor nXtaasy V3... the same goes for Sindo V3.5. What I have noticed is that adjusting knobs on the plugin GUI's freezes the meters, but only while turning knobs on the plugs. U-he's products used to do the same thing, but that's since been fixed. I also think that they didn't do enough animations frames on the knobs for SpectPhy LE, but I don't really consider that complaint worthy... just an observation.

I can confirm this...

SPECTRAPHY LE crashes Ableton live

Process: Live [205]
Path: /Applications/Live 8.1.1 OS X/Live.app/Contents/MacOS/Live
Identifier: com.ableton.live
Version: 8.1.1 (8.1.1)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [107]

over... and over... and over...

I've sent them an email. I hope they can fix it

Steve

stevenclements

Post by stevenclements » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 am

Silence wrote:http://www.audiomidi.com/Crysonic-No-Br ... 13736.aspx

what do you all think... is it good stuff? what would you choose as the third plug

just curious :)
How do I go about 'collecting' my third plug in?

I downloaded and installed the two... but must have missed something. Where do I get a chance to get my #3?

cheers
Steve

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:51 am

stevenclements wrote:

what do you all think... is it good stuff? what would you choose as the third plug

I downloaded and installed the two... but must have missed something. Where do I get a chance to get my #3?

cheers
Steve
The Crysonic "Two-For-One" No-Brainer Deal just got even better- get a THIRD Crysonic plug-in of your choice absolutely FREE with purchase of the audioMIDI.com Crysonic "Two-For-One" No-Brainer Deal. Here's how: following purchase, direct your browser to http://www.crysonic.com/plugins.html. Choose one of Crysonic's great plug-ins, then send email to support@crysonic.com. Mention No-Brainer in the subject, and include the serial number sent to you by audioMIDI.com along with the name of the additional Crysonic plug-in you'd like to receive. Crysonic will send a link and serial number for the bonus plug-in.

Due to demand, please allow up to 48 hrs for your third plug to arrive. Bonus plug-in does not come from audioMIDI.com; any inquiries regarding downloading, delivery time, etc. should be directed to Crysonic. Offer good for new customers as well as customers who have already purchased the Crysonic "Two-For-One" No-Brainer Deal.

Please request only currently available plugs from the Crysonic collection- free extra plug offer not valid for "future release" plugs.
MBP - Ultralite MK3 - Genelec 8020 & 8030 - BCR2000 - padKONTROL - NordRack 2

stevenclements

Post by stevenclements » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:59 am

Silence wrote:
stevenclements wrote:

cheers
Steve
The Crysonic "Two-For-One" No-Brainer Deal just got even better- get a THIRD Crysonic plug-in of your choice absolutely FREE with purchase of the audioMIDI.com Crysonic "Two-For-One" No-Brainer Deal. Here's how: following purchase, direct your browser to http://www.crysonic.com/plugins.html. Choose one of Crysonic's great plug-ins, then send email to support@crysonic.com. Mention No-Brainer in the subject, and include the serial number sent to you by audioMIDI.com along with the name of the additional Crysonic plug-in you'd like to receive. Crysonic will send a link and serial number for the bonus plug-in.

Due to demand, please allow up to 48 hrs for your third plug to arrive. Bonus plug-in does not come from audioMIDI.com; any inquiries regarding downloading, delivery time, etc. should be directed to Crysonic. Offer good for new customers as well as customers who have already purchased the Crysonic "Two-For-One" No-Brainer Deal.

Please request only currently available plugs from the Crysonic collection- free extra plug offer not valid for "future release" plugs.

CHEERS

trikster_b

Post by trikster_b » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:28 am

I bought this and got Sindo as the 3rd plugin. The tube saturator is a little confusing at first, but there is a PDF that came with the zip, so for whoever asked about it there might be a PDF somewhere on the site.

The limiter is pretty cool; I've never used a limiter before, but I tried it out and got some pretty good results out of it, so I can see myself using it in the future.

However, the main reason I bought this was for the 3rd plug which I hoped I could get Sindo, and I did. Sindo is awesome; just putting it on a track made it sound bigger and more amazing. The only downfall is that there is no manual at all for this, so I've been spending quite a bit tweaking all the knobs and hearing what they do, so it's not terrible, but a manual telling me exactly what they do would be nice. I've also noticed that having the GUI onscreen makes the volume meters choppy and the time at the top choppy as well, but I'll mostly use it in production when it's not as important, and it could very well just be my laptop.

If they are still offering the 3rd plugin, I think this deal is definitely worth it just so you could get Sindo for free.

re.mark

Post by re.mark » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:00 am

stevenclements wrote:I've sent them an email. I hope they can fix it

Steve
lol.
Ive sent them emails asking them to fix bugs that was causing Live [7 in my case] to crash and just generally go mental.
They chose to ignore said emails.
However, a .n update has come out recently - consisting of mostly GUI update "ooo i can change the color of it" - but you have to pay for said update.

stevenclements

Post by stevenclements » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 pm

re.mark wrote:
stevenclements wrote:I've sent them an email. I hope they can fix it

Steve
lol.
Ive sent them emails asking them to fix bugs that was causing Live [7 in my case] to crash and just generally go mental.
They chose to ignore said emails.
However, a .n update has come out recently - consisting of mostly GUI update "ooo i can change the color of it" - but you have to pay for said update.
pretty ;)

ouzoman

Post by ouzoman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:54 pm

+1 on Sindo . . .
it takes some time to get results without any documentation (I've sent Crysonic a note regarding that) but well worth it.