Serious Issues with Live 8

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
arielgraff

Serious Issues with Live 8

Post by arielgraff » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:32 am

Since my other topics and posts always go unanswered here, I will try again.

After upgrading to Live 8, I have been plagued with problems. The biggest issue is, I cannot loop something for more then about 10 minutes without my ASIO engine melting down and Live suffering from Serious Error messages. If I loop something (especially very short loops), Live will loop fine for anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes and then my CPU usage will go to 1000%, audio engine melt down (or a crazy number in 100s/1000s) and I get a message saying "Live has a serious error and will be closed once the box is closed", then I have to exit Live and wait for it to get out of memory until restarting and many times when I am trying to recover my work from last undo, another serious error will occur. Things I have tried:

- changing buffer sizes from 128 to 1024 on both PreSonus firebox and M-audio ProFire 610
- running live in Administrator mode
- running a simple project (2 audio tracks) - sooner or later the error will occur anyway
- my delay compensation is off, set to 0ms.
- disabling system services and processes to minimize system load, including using "optimize system for maximum performance" setting and disabling all themes etc.
- using older drivers for both interfaces
- updating and rolling back all my system drivers including GPU drivers, Motherboard BIOS, Raid Drivers, having a Non-Raid setup, all latest updates etc.

I am running on Ableton Suite 8.1.1, Core i7 965, with 6GB RAM, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate w/ latest updates, drivers, Administrator mode.

And not to mention that every time I close Live, I get "Live has stopped working" message.

This is extremely frustrating and I am really hoping to get some answers here...

:| :| :|

drwillis

Re: Serious Issues with Live 8

Post by drwillis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 am

i feel your pain!

herrreinholt

Post by herrreinholt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:29 pm

i too have serious problems since quite a while with latest live and a motu ultralite. sooner or later, reagardless what i do or don´t do the CPU sokes for a moment and the sound is gone until i reset the ultralite.
this is annoying and happens up to twenty times an hour and makes working almost impossible.

Skylark

Post by Skylark » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Welcome to ableton 8 bro!

Ive got similar issues, its very sad to have payed good money when it doesnt even work.

Try mail support, they will contact you back, I use a presonus soundcard too.
Ableton + Akai MPD24 = MORE FIRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cELP3_BnNp4

Peace be with you!

http://www.soundcloud.com/tehsynes

spinning

Post by spinning » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:22 am

i have the exact same problem. on the closure and opening of a live set. sometimes it opens and then crashes, other times it crashes when i try to 'save as'. same error message all the time.

i am running

ableton 8.1.1
windows vista 32 bit, sp2
4gb ram
hp pavilion
quadcore q6700
presonus firepod v5.13
launchpad
focusrite liquid mix 2.3.16

i updated all drivers today thinking that it was a matter of keeping up to date, but this problems still persists!

jok

Post by jok » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi guys,

please contact support@ableton.com
It would be helpful if you could attach a .zipped version of the content of Live´s preferences folder.

You can access the preferences folder like this:
- choose "Get Support" in the help menu
- in help view, click the link "Show preferences folder"

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

spinning

Post by spinning » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 pm

done and also sent in a beta test crash (8.1.2b4). i fixed it and it turned out that TAL Elect7ro vst was crashing live.

running 8.1.1 and it is running smoothly now. thx.

nicogrubert

Post by nicogrubert » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 pm

same here...

I sent in a support request including a zipped preference folder. no answer for 2 weeks... :-(

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:22 am

I have the same problem WinXP/SP3 with 8Gn or RAM.

At some point I added extra track and got "Not enough memory" error. After that I cannot longer open my projects. This really sucks. There should be some king of indicator showing how much memory is taken and warning when its going to pop up this error, so we can save our work ahead of time, or remove something from the project. I'm using Live7 but it doesn;t seem to even make sense to upgrade it this is not fixed.

Arthur
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

circuitb

Post by circuitb » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:28 pm

just for info
not enough memory

the memory limit under windows 7 64 bit is around 5 Go with 6 Go of physical RAM
so around 80% of the available physical memory

beachball

Post by beachball » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:32 pm

To answer your post, it is simple. Your problem is detailed over here, I almost beat up my PC before reading this:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133271

PS: JBridge is a good memory solution for 32bit DAWs like Ableton and allow to overcome the 3.5GB barrier.