OT: Snowboarding... as in riding... snowboards...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
DangerousDave

Re: OT: Snowboarding... as in riding... snowboards...

Post by DangerousDave » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:39 am

Will be spending most of my winter break up at Schweitzer Mtn. this year...

https://soundcloud.com/unearthproductions
beats me wrote:everybody around you thinks you’re a fucking idiot.

hps909

Post by hps909 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:41 am

aizo wrote:Never been, but my wife has almost every year since way back when. I'm gonna go to Hokkaido later this year and try my first time. If I'm not scared shitless then it might be a new passion. There are a ton of places to go not too from here. I don't have the French Alps but I'd love to give a whirl. Speaking of the Alps I'd love to fucking go there! Fucking shit looks gorgeous!!
hokkaido is insane... the terrain isn't much chop but the powder is soooo deep and sooo dry ... my wife and i had days in hokkaido where we were riding in chest deep snow on the main runs and our tracks were getting filled in on the way back up the lift.. desperate to go back
macbook pro 2.5 i5 os 10.12 , TC Electronik Konnekt 48, Live 9, Cubase 9, event 20/20, Waldorf Blofeld, roland tb-03, roland Jx-03, korg mikrokontrol, novation nocturn, akai lpd8

Moody

Post by Moody » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:15 pm

We should have an Ableton Snowboard / Jam Session in Breckenridge, where they have legalized marijuana. :D
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

greta

Post by greta » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Just come back from a week in Sol in Austria. Snow conditions weren't bad but by all acounts not as good as Gatwick Airport in London.

8O

Post by 8O » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:52 pm

(maybe should be moved to The Lounge...)

Just finished this season's boarding and already looking forward to next season... no injuries this year, but destroyed the base of my board... :)

Anybody been to Banff Lake Louise? Recommended? Enough to do there for multiple weeks? Need a car to get there/when you're there?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:02 pm

8O wrote:Anybody been to Banff Lake Louise? Recommended? Enough to do there for multiple weeks? Need a car to get there/when you're there?
actually yes, about 20 years ago. :?

we drove there, no worries about that. amazingly beautiful lake and surrounding area. the Canadian Rockies are like what the American Rockies are supposed to look like. EPIC!! great area to hang out in.

I can't say too much more, I was 15, traveling with my parents and mostly had my headphones on pretending to be asleep in the back of the car waiting for the f-ing road trip to end. ;) multiple weeks you'd want to travel around a bit, like a slow west-east drive across the Rockies. glaciers, rivers, Epic Mountains, snow, wildlife. how much you can do would depend on how much you like the outdoors.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:55 am

I have been to Lake Louise several times. You can buy a lift ticket that covers you for Lake Louise, sunshine and Mount Norquay and if you hold tihs ticket there is a free bus between them. Lake Louise is a very quiet place so if you want might life you might be better staying in Banff. Kick Horse is also close and that resort gets a lot of snow. You can get a day trip for Banff or Lake Louise.

Haqving said that I stayed at Lake Louise this year and the snow was was not very good :(

8O

Post by 8O » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:28 am

littlepig wrote:I have been to Lake Louise several times. You can buy a lift ticket that covers you for Lake Louise, sunshine and Mount Norquay and if you hold tihs ticket there is a free bus between them. Lake Louise is a very quiet place so if you want might life you might be better staying in Banff. Kick Horse is also close and that resort gets a lot of snow. You can get a day trip for Banff or Lake Louise.

Haqving said that I stayed at Lake Louise this year and the snow was was not very good :(
Cheers - have you also been to European resorts? I've never been boarding in Canada (so far only Switzerland, Austria, France and South Korea) and wondered what it was like in comparison, what are the main differences for snow and accommodation... e.g. can you rent out private, self-catering apartments for many weeks at a time, or it is all hotel-based?

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Yes, I've been to European resorts, mainly France (Chamnix, Avoriaz, Deux Alps). I started going to Canada and the US about 10 years ago because I thought the snow was better and people were more polite (in US/Canada they actaully queue up for the lift and take turns without someone there to police them) also there seem to be few skiers/ boraders... this year I heard that Europe had good snow where as the Rockies has bad

I have always been across on a package though I imagine that you could rent an appartment in some places. In US/canada many of the hotels have suites which have facilities to do your own catering, getting one of these is viable if there are 3 or more in your party. This is what I have done recently, I have two friends who I usually team up with.

I am thinking of going to Poland or Slovakia next year, try something different.

8O

Post by 8O » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:18 pm

littlepig wrote:Yes, I've been to European resorts, mainly France (Chamnix, Avoriaz, Deux Alps). I started going to Canada and the US about 10 years ago because I thought the snow was better and people were more polite (in US/Canada they actaully queue up for the lift and take turns without someone there to police them) also there seem to be few skiers/ boraders... this year I heard that Europe had good snow where as the Rockies has bad

I have always been across on a package though I imagine that you could rent an appartment in some places. In US/canada many of the hotels have suites which have facilities to do your own catering, getting one of these is viable if there are 3 or more in your party. This is what I have done recently, I have two friends who I usually team up with.

I am thinking of going to Poland or Slovakia next year, try something different.
Cool - cheers for the info... :)

aizo

Post by aizo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:47 am

I finally went snowboarding last month. The first time was great the snow was very powdery, so noobies like me didn't die falling down! It was great fun. The next time the weather was not so good and snow had almost turn to ice. I busted my ass one time so bad I felt like throwing up. I wanna go again next year!!!
ImageImage

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:51 pm

aizo wrote:I busted my ass one time so bad I felt like throwing up.
That's called concussion!

aizo

Post by aizo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:23 pm

But I fell straight on my butt......

Does it still pass as a concussion?
ImageImage

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:27 pm

went boarding for the first time a couple of weeks ago in the indoor resort in Bottrop, Germany. Then last week I went to Serre Chevalier and Montgenevre in France. Very beautiful!! Stayed with my uncle and aunt in their holiday home in the village of Briancon. I still suck at boarding though, although thanks to taking two hours of lessons now I can at least make backside and frontside turns \o/

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:40 pm

We're getting a huge late season storm right now, up to two feet of fresh powder today and tonight. I'm definitely going tomorrow AM :)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com