8.1.3???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dennis DeSantis

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 pm

HeadrickProductions wrote:You should restick (is that a word) the quality thread and compatibility issues until there are actual changes otherwise is does look SHADY.
I think you've misunderstood my response. There are actual changes. 8.1.3RC is a significantly different piece of software than 8.1.1.

Furthermore, the OS compatibility threads were unstickied because they're not accurate. This information needs to be updated, and when it is, the updates belong in the FAQs anyway.

Best,

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Joshua Lee wrote:I also think that the original 'Quality' post by Gerhard should be re-stickied, or at least linked to in the new sticky, until 8.1.3 is released.

Furthermore, after the smoke settles and Live 8 gets its act together (I am still holding on to my faith in this company for the time being), I think Ableton should also perhaps think of some sort of compensatory action towards their customers who have suffered through all of this. And, of course, releasing a stable version doesn't count, that should've already been the case.

FWIW, I am a customer who still has his Version 1 box in his closet, and who has, until this post, never been critical of Ableton.
+1 good ideas

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 pm

yeah, I was kind of hoping that after all the crashes this year and stuff, they'd throw us a bone with a free 8.5 update. Maybe with a new instrument or effects included for free.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Tarekith wrote:yeah, I was kind of hoping that after all the crashes this year and stuff, they'd throw us a bone with a free 8.5 update. Maybe with a new instrument or effects included for free.
+1 for a free extra plugin or something, a convolution reverb, or a funky instrument would be dope.

and giving the circumstances, i will jump on 10.6.3 and then get the damn never ending beta 8.1.3 (actually downloading both already!)

this must come to an end, at least into a stage to be able to work for a few month halfway normally.
*** Image GAFM ***

housemusiclover

Post by housemusiclover » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Tarekith wrote:yeah, I was kind of hoping that after all the crashes this year and stuff, they'd throw us a bone with a free 8.5 update. Maybe with a new instrument or effects included for free.
fully agree, maybe somekinda online collab thing? /s

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:08 pm

housemusiclover wrote:
fully agree, maybe somekinda online collab thing? /s
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi folks,

Please note that this is not the end of our bugfixing work. This is only the latest step.

We're anxious to see how this works for you, in real work situations.

Also, please note that we cannot simultaneously suspend future development efforts AND prepare a free add-on effect or instrument. Our focus right now is on getting Live as stable as possible.

best,

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Dennis DeSantis wrote:Hi folks,

Please note that this is not the end of our bugfixing work. This is only the latest step.

Also, please note that we cannot simultaneously suspend future development efforts AND prepare a free add-on effect or instrument. Our focus right now is on getting Live as stable as possible.

best,

that is a very good thing to hear. Lots of people have speculated that you guys will release 9 within the year and it is good to hear that you guys are not thinking along those lines.

Thank you for all your hard work.

I agree that the compatibility thread should belong in the FAQ area. The quality thread should in my opinion be posted on the website itself, if you were really interested in letting folks know but I know that this would be suicide as far as busniess goes, but folks might apprecaite an honest approach as oppose to buying a product and then finding out whay they have bought into.

The Quality issue should be the first thing people see when they visit your site. In the long run people want a company that will stand by them.

There are some many exsamples to site in the busniess world, where a company attempted to hide the problems and then when it was to late...tried to toss a "cup of water on a burning building." Take a hint from Toyota, if you wait to late no one will trust the product no matter what you do.

You may not like hearing these thing but I am being forthcoming because I really like what your product has to offer.

I have an old toyota and love it, that being said I sure as hell would not buy a new one. get what I'm sayin

ok enough forum time for music
Last edited by HeadrickProductions on Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Dennis DeSantis wrote:Hi folks,

best,
Pussies.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:21 pm

I don't need free stuff. At this point I'll be quite happy if this build is solid for me.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:26 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I don't need free stuff. At this point I'll be quite happy if this build is solid for me.

i don't think it is about the need, but to be recognised with how much passion we loving ableton live... if that shit happened to any other company, i would have ditched it already a while ago...

for sure!
*** Image GAFM ***

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I don't need free stuff. At this point I'll be quite happy if this build is solid for me.
werd...

keep up the good work, Dennis & team. :)

carlosjhzapien

Post by carlosjhzapien » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Great 8.1.3. But what happened to 8.1.2? Did the good guys at Ableton give up on that one? Last I could find was that it was in beta 7, then nothing, and the Downloads on the main page doesn't have that... Can somebody at Ableton clarify this? Thanks!

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:39 pm

can someone explain why it is from any interest or importance what damn number it is? .3 .4 or whatever, as long as the bloody software works like it is supposed to.

btw installed 8.1.3b and still downloading 10.6.3 it started already up OK under 10.6.2... so let's see...

i now already enough quirks i can throw at it, i got it previously to it's knees in no time...
Last edited by SubFunk on Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:39 pm

But what happened to 8.1.2? Did the good guys at Ableton give up on that one? Last I could find was that it was in beta 7, then nothing, and the Downloads on the main page doesn't have that... Can somebody at Ableton clarify this?
We had to skip from Live 8.1.1 to 8.1.3 because we had to reserve 8.1.2 for internal reasons.
Live 8.1.3 RC 01 is the direct successor of Live 8.1.2b7. So, Live 8.1.3 RC 1 is bugfix-wise the same as Live 8.1.2b7 plus a few more bugfixes.

Regards
/Alex