My first Live 4-created tracks!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jtenney

My first Live 4-created tracks!

Post by jtenney » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:40 pm

Hello all--

I finally finished a version of my Las Vegas improvisation that I've been working on since I first got Live 4. Since I'm not in a place to be actually doing live performance, I decided to try a recorded performance, which I then lightly edited. It's on my SoundClick site below. It's a mix of background/ambient sound I recorded there on a minidisc, plus synthesized voices as I've done in other pieces created with Reason 2.5, plus other odds and ends.

No offense to any actual Las Vegas residents intended! It's my loopy take on a place that's pretty loopy itself!javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

Now I can start to wrap my feeble mind around the wonders of Reason 3.0.

later,
John
www.soundclick.com/johntenney

iMac G5, Reason 3.0, Live 5, Peak 5.01 LE, mp3 Trimmer, Finale 2006, various VSTs, Yamaha PSR 170 keyboard (cheap midi controller), Evolution UC33e (not so cheap midi controller)

mosca

Post by mosca » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:02 pm

im sure it sounds great, maybe a link to an actual audio file would be nice

:D

mosca

jtenney

Post by jtenney » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:17 pm

Sorry, Mosca (and others). I thought it would be clear that it was on the web site I have the link for. I apologize if I wasn't clear about that. Here's direct links:

http://www.soundclick.us/fastkG/09/02/f ... spart1.mp3

and

http://www.soundclick.us/fastkG/09/02/f ... spart2.mp3

I should add that this is a little rougher than I would like (compared to some of my other stuff on the site, created with Reason 2.5). I justify that by emphasizing that it's a recording of a performance, warts and all as they say. I might try another go at it sometime later, and maybe it'll be totally different!
www.soundclick.com/johntenney

iMac G5, Reason 3.0, Live 5, Peak 5.01 LE, mp3 Trimmer, Finale 2006, various VSTs, Yamaha PSR 170 keyboard (cheap midi controller), Evolution UC33e (not so cheap midi controller)