8.1.3???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dennis DeSantis

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:24 pm

taximouse wrote:Hey Dennis,

Sorry to say that I just made the pops on the bar line happen in the 8.1.3 RC2
Ugh. Sorry to hear it.

I've been trying to reproduce this for the last two days and can't get it to happen in either 8.1.1 or either of the RCs.

Could you send me a Set in which you can reproduce this?

A private message is fine, or you can email me.

Thanks,

smaucher

Post by smaucher » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:19 pm

mr.adl wrote:
Dennis DeSantis wrote:Hi folks,

Please note that we updated the release candidate today. Links:
Best,

Any change log available? :)
+1
you start bleeding - I start sceaming
propaganda 1985

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:35 pm

yes it would be nice.

So I've just tested the spectrum with my desktop pc, ati graphic card.
As with nvidia card, while spectrum is extended it freezes when we pass the mouse pointer over it

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Hermanus wrote:yes it would be nice.

So I've just tested the spectrum with my desktop pc, ati graphic card.
As with nvidia card, while spectrum is extended it freezes when we pass the mouse pointer over it

Support gave me a line to put in my options.txt file to help graphics problems, mine had to do with 'crackles' when UI elements were adjusted with the mouse. [edit] but I get the same behavior, a momentary 'freeze' of the moving waveform when the spectrum window is maximized, i'm using nvidia on notebook.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

smaucher

Post by smaucher » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:44 pm

nvidia on Laptop, too. (Dell Latitude E6500, Nvidia Quadro NVS 160).
May I ask you to pass on the information you've been given :?:

thx
you start bleeding - I start sceaming
propaganda 1985

housemusiclover

Post by housemusiclover » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Dennis already confirmed that they're on it on page 22!
edit: sorry, misread your post

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:10 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
HeadrickProductions wrote:having crackle issues with guitar rig 4 effects on the new beta. At first thought it was the audio interface, then thought it might just be the computer, but when I record without guitar pro effects everything was fine. As soon as I turned back on guitar rig 4 effects (the heavy ones) I got crackles without even trying to record. Please try to fix this cause those effects are crucial
with those amp sims it's really easy to clip the simulated amp and think it's Live doing the clipping. turn your guitar way down and try again, know what I mean? I use a Line 6 Pod, same thing can happen but it shows a 'CLIPPING' warning, dunno if your amp sim does thator not.

this was not even when I was playing guitar thru old guitar rig. I had three loops already recorded in other audio tracks continually playing and was trying to find out where the crackle was coming from. I turned off and on each track. Then I turned on the guitar rig plugin on audio track one. When I turned it on....crackle. When I turned it off nothing golden silence. I know what you are referring to (clipping as a result of the input volume being to loud) but this seemed to be specific to the plugin.

Oh yeah before ya ask my plugins are legit and registered (for all you demo users out there :lol: .

I'll play with it Sun afternoon and see what goes down....I'm beat.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

taximouse

Post by taximouse » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:16 am

thanks for the help sleuthing this Dennis.

I would love to know what causes the pops on record and if its anything I can control. It seems to happen in every set just since I upgraded to 8.1.1. I'm stumped.

When I record onstage into Live while in 8.1.1 I also get a pop when the record punches out in a slot in the session view. Seems similar but I don't know if they get recorded to the file since I delete the clips as part of my song routine. Since it started happening I've been doing all the recording into SooperLooper and just having Live act as audio host and execute the midi triggering.
MacBook Pro 2.93 Ghz, early 2009, 4GB RAM
OS 10.5.8
Live 8.1.4
Motu Ultralite + FCB1010 + SooperLooper + cello

twitter: zoecello
http://www.zoekeating.com

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:26 am

When I record onstage into Live while in 8.1.1 I also get a pop when the record punches out in a slot in the session view. Seems similar but I don't know if they get recorded to the file since I delete the clips as part of my song routine. Since it started happening I've been doing all the recording into SooperLooper and just having Live act as audio host and execute the midi triggering.
Only the first time the clip is played ? Then same thing here, with autofades on. I figured out (with the help from the abes) that it depends on global tempo. Increasing or decrasing from 1 bpm "fixes" it. Same thing on RCs ?
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:20 am

Hello again everyone,

It has been quite sometime since I have been involved with the forums and bug testing Live mainly due to a pretty disappointing experience getting issues looked into during the alpha phase of Live 8.

I have had a bug which has been the main thing stopping me from using Live 8 since the "campers" started alpha testing over a year and half ago and despite the issues being very easily replicated from my end, I felt like not a lot of effort was put in to test these results from Ableton's end and it reminded me of the ongoing issues with Hyperthreading which many people including myself experienced in the Pentium 4 days, where we would complain but Ableton assumed we just had something weird in out setups.

Anyways, I've submitted my first bug report in a long time and the plugin which causes a crash has been working fine for me in Live 5, 6 & 7, so hopefully the issues can be fixed in 8 and I can then move on to using Live 8 as a platform and helping with bug hunting with any other issues that it may have.

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:42 am

I've been using version 7.0.18 the past month, and it has been rock solid! Please let me know when version 8 is as stable as 7.0.18, so I can use the shift+arrow shortcut in the piano, cause I'm really missing it.

bhoke

Post by bhoke » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:12 pm

8.1.3b still crashing in arrangement view while recording audio tracks with loop, punch in, and punch out enabled.

This has been an ongoing issue for me since 8.1.x and is a major problem when working in arrangement view. I really like the speed I can work in this mode as apposed to other DAW's but the crashing obviously makes it not worth it. I have exported all the exact MIDI and Audio tracks from this project and used those to build an exact parallel project in another well known Windows DAW, and set up ALL exact 3rd party plugins including VST instruments. The only exception is that I had to use a few EQ's and Compressors from the other DAW instead of the built in Ableton plugs. This parallel project does not crash in the other DAW software when doing the equivalent operations (recording audio in a loop with punch in/out).

Today's session was completely focused on running project under Live 8.1.3b2 and doing track overdubs in Arrangement view, and specifically using loop with Punch In and Punch Out, recording with 2 tracks enabled. First impression is that it takes longer to crash but it still happens.

Yes, I have been submitting these crashes to Ableton.

Are others having the same issue?

--Bob Hoke

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:25 pm

i actually risked it and went with it on stage yesterday :-/..

it hasnt crashed.. but i wasnt ableton to load the set.. had to reboot 3 times..than it got it.. no pronlmes loading L7 ..
a dj had to enter the stage to play some records because ableton live was the masterclock and it needed me over 12 minutes to get it started with the fantastic short loading times of L8.13

Why is L8 getting allways funny in stage situations? s there a special algorythm tha uses the drop sensor of the laptop to see if its on a vibrating stage?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:23 pm

I used it last night for my live gig, worked great, whew. One of the other guys going after me (Noah Pred, the only Ableton Certified trainer in Canada) had a couple issues getting his to launch though. He says he's been having that problem for awhile now though.

Gravis

Post by Gravis » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm still getting audible clicks from time to time although at least it hasn't crashed on me yet.

I'm wondering why though, when all i'm doing is playing one track, why on earth the CPU is at 50-60%? what on earth is it doing?

My earlier tests using Max4Live gave more clicks and pops so i dropped all those scripts for now.

Come on Ableton, get it together so i can go mix live please :(
iMac G5 2.16 | Echo AudioFire12 | Xone 92 | Live 8 + M4L | Trigger Finger | Monome 256 | Kenton Killamix Mini | Truth 3031A