8.1.3???

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Sibanger
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Contact:

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by Sibanger » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 am

slirak wrote:
Ehh, the guy deleted the library.cfg file, no wonder Live reinstalled the library then. Should've deleted the preferences.cfg file instead, surely?
slirak wrote:
Cej wrote:don't know how, but live has now reinstalled libraries (both 8.1.1 and a beta library) back to c:drive :?
You deleted the library.cfg file?? Shouldn't that have been the preferences.cfg file?
Cheers slirak.Can you see the confusion?-
davepermen wrote:
yes, delete (better: move to somewhere else) the library.cfg
OP,daveperm probably ment to trash/delete your 'cfg file'.

Find it here-Windows XP

C:/Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/Ableton/(Live version)/Preferences/ Preferences.cfg (CFG File)

But still doesn't explain why Live beta had serious memory issues and crashed originally.

SubFunk
Posts: 7853
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: A Big Toilet Called Berlin
Contact:

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by SubFunk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:42 am

After info i got at an apple store today a kernel panic is usually related to faulty memory or the OS, they adviced me to update to 10.6.3.1 that came out today... (they claim to have heard of several instances i had with 10.6.3... but i don't know if it is true... ))

and poster is right, the mbp has a security switch when overheating, but that has nothing to do with the kernel panic i had...

@ tone, the mbp runs without battery just plugged into the PSU, the shop guy said, i still need to check that myself, though... I don't have that much confidence into shop dudes.

i will however update the OS once i am home and hope it cures some of my live issues as well..,
*** Image GAFM ***

Sureno
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: west london somewhere
Contact:

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by Sureno » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:57 am

SubFunk wrote:they adviced me to update to 10.6.3.1 that came out today...
:? not showing up in sw update?

here is the link to the combo update http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1017

SubFunk
Posts: 7853
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: A Big Toilet Called Berlin
Contact:

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by SubFunk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Sureno wrote:
SubFunk wrote:they adviced me to update to 10.6.3.1 that came out today...
:? not showing up in sw update?

here is the link to the combo update http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1017
yep, was wondering myself... it's an odd update it says 10.6.3 v 1.1 ???

well, fingers crossed it will be better.
*** Image GAFM ***

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by 3phase » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:26 pm

i had some issues with 10.63 web install.. downloaded the combo updater and did it abain..seems to be fine now...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

steko
Posts: 3387
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by steko » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:35 pm

@ SubFunk:
Additional Information

The Mac OS X v10.6.3 combo update also includes improvements provided in the Mac OS X v10.6.1 Update and Mac OS X v10.6.2 Update.

In order to receive all the improvements listed above, some systems require the Mac OS X v10.6.3 Supplemental Update, which is available via Software Update.

Tip: If you don't see the Mac OS X v10.6.3 Supplemental Update in Software Update, you don't need to install it.

Note: The Supplemental Update is for any system that was updated from Mac OS X v10.6 using the Mac OS X Update Combined v10.6.3, build 10D573. It is not needed on systems that were updated from Mac OS X v10.6.1 or 10.6.2, and it is not needed on systems that were updated from Mac OS X v10.6 using the Mac OS X Update Combined v10.6.3, v1.1.
from: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4014
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

steko
Posts: 3387
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by steko » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:40 pm

@ SubFunK

For the kernel panics: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1392 - http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/kernelpanics.html

Open activity monitor -> "active processes" -> sort by cpu - open live & have a look

Also check your logs in console
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by 3dot... » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm back on 8.1.3b1 because it's more responsive when saving
Image

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by 3phase » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:06 pm

3dot... wrote:I'm back on 8.1.3b1 because it's more responsive when saving

responsive on safing? b2 is not safing propperly?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

SubFunk
Posts: 7853
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: A Big Toilet Called Berlin
Contact:

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by SubFunk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:09 pm

steko wrote:@ SubFunK

For the kernel panics: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1392 - http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/kernelpanics.html

Open activity monitor -> "active processes" -> sort by cpu - open live & have a look

Also check your logs in console
thanks!, will do!

played around half of the day with audio apps heavy duty except live, all good as usual, so i will definitely check it!
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk
Posts: 7853
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: A Big Toilet Called Berlin
Contact:

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by SubFunk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:11 pm

steko wrote:@ SubFunk:
Additional Information

The Mac OS X v10.6.3 combo update also includes improvements provided in the Mac OS X v10.6.1 Update and Mac OS X v10.6.2 Update.

In order to receive all the improvements listed above, some systems require the Mac OS X v10.6.3 Supplemental Update, which is available via Software Update.

Tip: If you don't see the Mac OS X v10.6.3 Supplemental Update in Software Update, you don't need to install it.

Note: The Supplemental Update is for any system that was updated from Mac OS X v10.6 using the Mac OS X Update Combined v10.6.3, build 10D573. It is not needed on systems that were updated from Mac OS X v10.6.1 or 10.6.2, and it is not needed on systems that were updated from Mac OS X v10.6 using the Mac OS X Update Combined v10.6.3, v1.1.
from: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4014
i know, still gonna 're-install'
*** Image GAFM ***

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by 3dot... » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:17 pm

3phase wrote:
3dot... wrote:I'm back on 8.1.3b1 because it's more responsive when saving

responsive on safing? b2 is not safing propperly?
properly slow.. :D
Image

HeadrickProductions
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by HeadrickProductions » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:26 pm

found an issue when using 8 external instruments to route different combinators from record/reason.

Using around 40 devices and effects plus insert effects on the mixer.
As well as live midi and audio effect

when trying to create the 9th track the program would keep jumping back to the previous track.
Used both the mouse and Apc, but it would keep jumping back to that track with the 3 dr rex loop embedded in the combinator.

Just lettin folks know
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

SubFunk
Posts: 7853
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: A Big Toilet Called Berlin
Contact:

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by SubFunk » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:26 am

steko wrote:@ SubFunK

For the kernel panics: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1392 - http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/kernelpanics.html

Open activity monitor -> "active processes" -> sort by cpu - open live & have a look

Also check your logs in console
checked the activity monitor, live is causing it.

again fired it up and whoom temp and fans right up into the sky.

so no further testing with 8.1.3b2 for me.
*** Image GAFM ***

hoffman2k
Posts: 14718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: 8.1.3???

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:28 am

SubFunk wrote:
steko wrote:@ SubFunK

For the kernel panics: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1392 - http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/kernelpanics.html

Open activity monitor -> "active processes" -> sort by cpu - open live & have a look

Also check your logs in console
checked the activity monitor, live is causing it.

again fired it up and whoom temp and fans right up into the sky.

so no further testing with 8.1.3b2 for me.
Did you make a snapshot from the help menu? It'll tell them exactly what is going on.

Post Reply