ok - im struck with track record delay again

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Re: ok - im struck with track record delay again

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:06 pm

jamief wrote:Howdy again,
ithink i must have a brain freeze or something with this.
But i got anew interface Allen Heath Zedr16 . I went throught ableton tutorial again and downloaded the latency delay compensation song and worked through the steps. i established that latency was 27 ms. Fine. Put that figure in lives driver error compensation box. Checked latency using the latency delay compensation song again and sure it works fine now. t

But i start new song and try recording external audio into live and once again the timing is out.................
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAARRRRraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Have to use track delay to approx -27 to get it to sync. So again it appears my driver error compensation box does nothing

Any advice ASRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

iIve tried phonin ableton support in Berlin but i can never get them after 6 attempts this is amajor league pain in the "£$£"

rrrrr :)
there's an option under one of the menus that toggles Delay Compensation on and off. it's not the edit menu, one of them to the right.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

jamief

Post by jamief » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:56 pm

tw1nstates wrote:phone em 9 to 4 cet time monday to friday.
They are always there, apart from lunch times perhaps?
If in doubt phone their support, they always helpful!
merci

jamief

Post by jamief » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
jamief wrote:Howdy again,
ithink i must have a brain freeze or something with this.
But i got anew interface Allen Heath Zedr16 . I went throught ableton tutorial again and downloaded the latency delay compensation song and worked through the steps. i established that latency was 27 ms. Fine. Put that figure in lives driver error compensation box. Checked latency using the latency delay compensation song again and sure it works fine now. t

But i start new song and try recording external audio into live and once again the timing is out.................
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAARRRRraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Have to use track delay to approx -27 to get it to sync. So again it appears my driver error compensation box does nothing

Any advice ASRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

iIve tried phonin ableton support in Berlin but i can never get them after 6 attempts this is amajor league pain in the "£$£"

REALLY ! im going to check right now 8O Thanks :)

rrrrr :)
there's an option under one of the menus that toggles Delay Compensation on and off. it's not the edit menu, one of them to the right.
It seemed to be ticcked which i presume means it is on. Will investigate more.

Thanks for that :)

robnotrob

Post by robnotrob » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 am

Tone Deft wrote:Monitor on the track has to be turned OFF for Delay Compensation to take effect.

this is your problem mate, do this an as will as the delay compensation lesson and you'll be sorted.

jamief

Post by jamief » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:11 pm

robnotrob wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:Monitor on the track has to be turned OFF for Delay Compensation to take effect.

this is your problem mate, do this an as will as the delay compensation lesson and you'll be sorted.

you right thanks :) :oops:

errorspending

Post by errorspending » Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm

hmm have to try this when I get home cuz I'm having the same problem...the driver error compensation would not affect where the 1.1.1 was set in the clip...everything is always slightly late...