proper DJ eqs

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
johnnydeep

proper DJ eqs

Post by johnnydeep » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:18 am

havnt got live 8, only 7. i love using eqs on traktor, f'ing awesome. might have something to do with them workin with a & h, and pioneer. ppl always rave about ableton being such a dj product. i love it, n have used it 6 years, but still dont understand y we cant have great simple but hi perfermance 3 or 4 band dj eqs. i know many will say, well theres eq3 n eq4, but those who've used traktor eqs will probably have more of an idea on what im sayin. pls abelton, give us proper, dj eqs, already programmed. at the mo, i use eq4 n had to set all my own notches etc, works but not happy doin that.....hope this chnages

MPGK

Re: proper DJ eqs

Post by MPGK » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Enlighten us, what is the great thing about the EQs on Traktor that EQ3 and EQ4/8 lack?

By the way, and don't take this the wrong one: It's a real pain to read your posts. Words properly written out can go a long way, especially when you're addressing the folks at Abes, I can imagine they'd rather read and respond to posts by people who seem to care enough to at least write out their words.

johnnydeep

Post by johnnydeep » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:10 pm

MPGK, i apologise for my last post reaction, but would prefer to keep this post on topic of eqs. with eq8, i have to set the curves up, which i dont wanna do, n also, the cuts are not low enough, a good dj cut is -24db. when i mix on traktor eqs, it seems to sound like an analogue eg n behaves the same way. im sure u would agree tha theres difference in quality of eq plugins, same is true 4 dj eqs. but its hard gettin a simple very hi performance dj eq. maybe someone else can help.and i will try those eqs, thanks so much, jus downloaded, will check it in a bit
Last edited by johnnydeep on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Your grammar is fine, it's just that all the abbreviations made your post hard to comprehend.
Also, that doesn't answer the question at hand: what should actually be improved in Live's EQs and what's so good about the Traktor EQs?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:23 pm

I have some DJ EQ racks modelled after the Xone62 and some others:

http://tarekith.com/assets/TarekithDJEFXv7.2.zip

Maybe one of those will work for you, instructions are in the zip file.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

johnnydeep

Post by johnnydeep » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:52 am

thanks tarekith. will check. in addition, im so suprised that more DJs have not desired the same in an eq

mode:masters

Post by mode:masters » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:11 am

Tarekith's EQ's work really well, you should definitely look at them, otherwise invest in some quality VST eq's, there's tons out there that might do what you're after. At work right now, so can't list them out, but a quick look at the KVR site you should find some contenders.

H0PE

Post by H0PE » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi,

I'm new to music creation (though mucking around with Computer music since years), so bear with me if I got silly question(s). :)

To the topic: I'm mucking around with ableton live. I've found some free vsts, like Voxengo's 16-band graphic EQ.

-I was trying to find similar EQ in ableton, is there something like that or I just missed it?
-Maybe you even able to construct stuff in Ableton as well (I did see that you able to save changes and presets to some modules but maybe creating a new graph EQ is not possible)
-Thus should I use such vsts like above?

Thanks,
H0PE

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:03 pm

Not sure why you'd want to use a 16 band graphic EQ for DJing to be honest. Doable, but pretty clunky IMO.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

fl0w

Post by fl0w » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:22 pm

I've tried a lot of DJ EQs (including the one by Tarekith) and wasn't satisfied for 2 reasons:
- the bass crossover freq was too high (for my taste!), I felt there wasn't much left when the bass were cut...
- and/or no full cut (but this shouldn't be a problem for you if you like the EQs in Traktor...)

And then I found a plugin done by David Ross:
http://rekkerd.org/david-ross-vst-plug-ins/

I love it!

Feel free to share your experience!

H0PE

Post by H0PE » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Tarekith wrote:Not sure why you'd want to use a 16 band graphic EQ for DJing to be honest. Doable, but pretty clunky IMO.
I don't ask necessarily for DJing but in general. If there is a chance that I missed this from the built-in racks or able to make your own racks somehow in ableton?

If you were not referring to me, sorry then. :]

Der_Makrophag

Post by Der_Makrophag » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:06 pm

johnnydeep wrote: with eq8, i have to set the curves up, which i dont wanna do, n also, the cuts are not low enough, a good dj cut is -24db. when i mix on traktor eqs, it seems to sound like an analogue eg n behaves the same way.

This would meet the request of other users (me included) to get more different (higher) filter modes (different poles/steepness, whatever you call it) for the EQ8 Cut filters.
My English is not perfect, I know... Sorry about that.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. to wishlist forum users: Please search for former requests. Otherwise they will be splitted into many small ones and we are loosing impact!!!