THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Jettrink1

Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Post by Jettrink1 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:26 am

Each scene should be able to store and recall all mixer settings available in session view. These scene changes could then be recorded into the arrangement view. This type of thing can be done to individual clips within scenes, but not to mixer settings over the entire track.

borismor

Post by borismor » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 pm

1)Ability to assign keyboard shortcuts to opening loaded VST instruments.

For example:

ctrl-alt-K, opens kontakt.

ctrl-alt-M, opens Massive.

2)list of loaded plugins for quick reference.
Please listen to my music at:

http://www.myspace.com/solidstat

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:35 pm

Jettrink1 wrote:Each scene should be able to store and recall all mixer settings available in session view. These scene changes could then be recorded into the arrangement view. This type of thing can be done to individual clips within scenes, but not to mixer settings over the entire track.
this, + templates upon inserting tracks so you can for example insert a new track and select "drumbus" template and a track containing the devices you have saved as "drumbus" template will appear. make it an option so it doesnt ask for a template track unless you want it too though heh.

S-N-S

Post by S-N-S » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:56 am

friend_kami wrote:
Jettrink1 wrote:Each scene should be able to store and recall all mixer settings available in session view. These scene changes could then be recorded into the arrangement view. This type of thing can be done to individual clips within scenes, but not to mixer settings over the entire track.
this, + templates upon inserting tracks so you can for example insert a new track and select "drumbus" template and a track containing the devices you have saved as "drumbus" template will appear. make it an option so it doesnt ask for a template track unless you want it too though heh.

a BIG +10 this would be sooo sweet

S-N-S

Post by S-N-S » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 am

support for windows clipboard

this is what i mean

lets say you have modified a sample in a audio editor,now if you press ctrl+c then you should be able to paste it into ableton with ctrl+v

renoise also support this and it works great

oberflaechlich

Post by oberflaechlich » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:10 am

extractable tracks, clip groups etc. or at least copyable so there is a better way to merge parts of projects. oh and key range assign to looper. so each slice can be assigned a note for playback. check mattnasty.com for my current workaround

IP

Post by IP » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:09 pm

all in + marker post ...

ill check back after 15-20 days :p

DjBurba

Post by DjBurba » Sun May 09, 2010 1:51 pm

I would like to use a Korg Kaoss Pad 3 as a Launchpad. The KP3 pad has an illuminated by a grid of 64 LEDs (8x8) with a variable brightness.
If desired, in collaboration with the Korg, could create an operating system for the Kaoss Pad 3 fully supported by Live, as for the Launchpad or APC40.

Ah, sorry for my bad english :roll:

_Static_

Post by _Static_ » Sun May 09, 2010 7:29 pm

1. Ability to adjust crossfade lengths for looping clips. If I have some kind of drone running in the background during a live set, I have to carefully prepare the file so that looping will be smooth. It would be great to set the loop start and end points somewhere in the file, and then use whatever is outside the loop for an end-to-start crossfade of user-definable length. -> No more worries about bumpy drones!

2. A timer that can be started/stopped/paused at any time during a live set. I often play sets that need to change at particular times. Currently I'm using a 3rd party app to keep track of time. It would be so much neater to be able to have this inside Live.

errorspending

Post by errorspending » Thu May 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Envelope for the Autopanner!!!(just like autofilter)...and throw in a sidechain while your at it please. Or make everything sidechainable and LFO modulate-able like with Max/MSP

B-S

Post by B-S » Fri May 28, 2010 12:26 pm

not sure if it was mentioned, but if you could make borders around the clips, something similar as is 5x8 scenes of APC, or as you can do in Excel. Indeed no need to be rectangle, but simple horizontal line which you could paint anywhere in your set to keep things organized.

Now you can give differenet colours to clips or leave 1 line blank, but bordering would be good, imo.

Kristijonas

Post by Kristijonas » Mon May 31, 2010 9:07 pm

A pair of ideas to the big list :) :
+ Vertical waveform zoom - it's impossible to edit very silent places now (!!!).
+ Snap to blocks in Arrangement View. Also, snap to Locator.
+ Multitake recording.

Many thanks in advance!
SOUNDPROVOCATION
Check out my new release: "Eccentric Grooves"

hiphopdontstop

Post by hiphopdontstop » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:25 am

I posted this in a now-buried post in the regular section "Music and Audio Production" - it needs to be in this thread.

A few other people have put a +1 to my request.... I hope this is implemented in a future version of Live (once the Abes work out all the bugs).... quote this post and put a +1 if you agree. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I want a way to assign THESE ARROWS to a couple midi controller knobs:

So simple, but why haven't Ableton done this yet?

I use Simpler a LOT (almost exclusively) for sample editing and drum rack use (I do a lot of hip hop, as my name indicates). I hate moving these start/end arrows with a MOUSE. God, it drives me nuts.

Maschine has implemented this feature in their "sampling" function... start/end points are easily edited by turning two of its rotary encoders. And, you can also zoom in/out of the waveform using another encoder.

This needs to be midi-mapped in Live. Bigtime. Better yet, both of those start/end arrows should be able to be macro'd as well as midi-mapped (I guess they're one and the same, but I haven't fully went that deep with macros yet).

How hard would this be to do, seriously?!

And yes, I know the loop start/end locations can be mapped, but why not the true start/end points? Most hip hop producers chop samples using the MAIN start/end points, and not loop points, because we don't want to loop a chop... we just want to cue it in a certain rhythm using our pad controllers. These main start/end points also have fine-tuning precision, unlike the loop start/end points that can be mapped... they jump/snap even without snap enabled.

Thanks!!

bootykowski

Post by bootykowski » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 pm

1. ALREADY REQUESTED!!! Different (mappable) Start Points in Lives Audio-/MIDI-Clips, to trigger via Keys or Midi, Like the Cue-Points in Traktor
You will have an incredible perfect organized Live/DJ-Set, You can perform more and more improvised!
That would make Ableton Live a real instrument!
This Feature is a favourite Request of many Users since Ableton Live Vers.1 !!!!!

2. Native Time Code Vinyl Support
FUCK SERATO! :twisted:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!