Live 8.1.3 Release Candidate Crashes all the time?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fisto

Re: Live 8.1.3 Release Candidate Crashes all the time?

Post by fisto » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:22 am

well as it seems to me Live 8 is no way a professional programm. Imagine if a car company made cars which are not finished but sells them anyway and tests them on normal people.......1000s of deads. That doesn't work ABLETON. I've paid for this software and I want it to work correctly, and no I'm not sending any bug reports, and I won't ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not my job. My job was to pay for it and use it, PERIOD!!
That's your problem, If you want to get money give us software that works or die. :evil:
And give the poor Live8 users some discount options for m4l or some instruments, that is a must now to smooth us,
or do you want people to run around and tell everybody what crap Live8 is and that it does not work correctly and to stay off from that.
Do you want that ableton?
Seriously, WTF!!!

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:40 am

fisto wrote:well as it seems to me Live 8 is no way a professional programm. Imagine if a car company made cars which are not finished but sells them anyway and tests them on normal people.......1000s of deads.
Imagine if a car company sold a car they thought was finished but turned out to have some issues with the accelerator. Maybe not thousands but definitely dozens of casualties.

You don't report your bugs, they may not know about it, bug doesn't get fixed. Simple as that.
Or you wait till somebody else runs into it and then you hope they're a little less pissed of so they may bother to report it. You're not the first to get angry and you won't be the last.
We're all upset things didn't work as smoothly as it should. But you can either spend your time making poor analogies and meaningless threats or you help bring an end to the madness.

Its already been established that the current situation is inexcusable. You think one more "WTF" will change more than a bug report could?

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:41 am

fisto wrote:well as it seems to me Live 8 is no way a professional programm. Imagine

(...)

CAR ANALOGY
Should save you guys some time.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:48 am

Now running smoothly for about 3 days non-stop....

Cheers
D

fisto

Post by fisto » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:57 am

well it also seems that the bugreports don't help either, Live 8 is one year old already and still in beta-state, that clearly says that bug reports don't do much to improvement of the software. Right? It seems rather that Live8 is getting worse through their efforts to make it stable.
It's just an excuse: "Oh you're not sending bugreports, so don't expect Live to become stable".
People wake up, it's not our job to do that. You release a product when it's finished not when it's half finished or nearly finished, you do it when it's FINISHED.

The biggest problem for me is when it crashes, the most part I have to restart because i can't quit life from the tasklist. It just stays in there which makes a reboot necessary on XP.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:06 am

fisto wrote:well it also seems that the bugreports don't help either, Live 8 is one year old already and still in beta-state, that clearly says that bug reports don't do much to improvement of the software. Right? It seems rather that Live8 is getting worse through their efforts to make it stable.
It's just an excuse: "Oh you're not sending bugreports, so don't expect Live to become stable".
People wake up, it's not our job to do that. You release a product when it's finished not when it's half finished or nearly finished, you do it when it's FINISHED.

The biggest problem for me is when it crashes, the most part I have to restart because i can't quit life from the tasklist. It just stays in there which makes a reboot necessary on XP.
Yeah. And what a brilliant excuse on my part it is. I'm not saying Live can't become stable without your help. And I definitely know a thing or two about being stubborn and sticking to the principles of "I bought it, make it work you #@é#&".
Bug reports do help, I know bugs I experienced and reported have been fixed. What more facts do I need?

When is Live finished? Even Live 7 wasn't finished until a few months ago and it still may get some updates which may or may not fix or break things.
Geez, is it so damn hard to send out an email after Live crashed? Its pretty much all you have to do and it decreases the chance that'll it happen in a future update... But no..

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:28 am

hoffman2k wrote:You don't report your bugs, they may not know about it, bug doesn't get fixed. Simple as that.
well, i think this is where it all goes totally wrong with ableton, public beta testing in the state of Live 8 is just WRONG, you can go public beta when you deal with some minor issues left, to iron out the last bits and pieces, but not like with Live 8 which is in such a mess and packed with major, not minor bugs, i really don't understand why on earth they are not creating a closed beta test circle until it can go out to the public, Live 8 is an embarrassment for the company since a year, keep it closed testing it for long enough to be able to go public.

i mean they acknowledged it is a mess, why is it then so hard to go the second step and acknowledge that it is worth it to withdraw it from public (i mean any beta versions now) and go public again when it's ready for doing so...? i believe the damage caused (including the general reputation of the company) is greater keeping the mess open in public, then withdrawing it for awhile and to start fresh over again.

why oh why don't they do that? no they rather turn to many people into unwanted testers, i mean the amount of people i know with severe problems who don't report anything at all is huge, and i do understand that you don't want to do that for an application that is that super expensive, i mean the suite with m4l is about 1000 euros for christ's sake... who on earth wants to be a forced tester for that???

this way they turn love into hate.

p.s. i also don't understand that they claim the majority of LIve 8 users has no problems, when it is a clear lie (or being blind?) when in fact the majority of users has major problems, it is only a fraction that report this (for the mentioned reasons) they should be closer to reality i believe.
Last edited by SubFunk on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

fisto

Post by fisto » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:34 am

SubFunk wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:You don't report your bugs, they may not know about it, bug doesn't get fixed. Simple as that.
well, i think this is where it all goes totally wrong with ableton, public beta testing in the state of Live 8 is just WRONG, you can go public beta when you deal with some minor issues left, to iron out the last bits and pieces, but not like with Live 8 which is in such a mess and packed with major, not minor bugs, i really don't understand why on earth they are not creating a closed beta test circle until it can go out to the public, Live 8 is an embarrassment for the company since a year, keep it closed test it long enough to be able to go public.

why oh why don't they do that? no they rather turn to many people into unwanted testers, i mean the amount of people i know with severe problems who don't report anything at all is huge, and i do understand that you don't want to do that for an application that is that super expensive, i mean the suite with m4l is about 1000 euros for christ's sake... who on earth wants to be a forced tester for that???

exactly what I am thinking

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:50 am

SubFunk wrote:
well, i think this is where it all goes totally wrong with ableton, public beta testing in the state of Live 8 is just WRONG, you can go public beta when you deal with some minor issues left, to iron out the last bits and pieces, but not like with Live 8 which is in such a mess and packed with major, not minor bugs, i really don't understand why on earth they are not creating a closed beta test circle until it can go out to the public, Live 8 is an embarrassment for the company since a year, keep it closed testing it for long enough to be able to go public.

i mean they acknowledged it is a mess, why is it then so hard to go the second step and acknowledge that it is worth it to withdraw it from public (i mean any beta versions now) and go public again when it's ready for doing so...? i believe the damage caused (including the general reputation of the company) is greater keeping the mess open in public, then withdrawing it for awhile and to start fresh over again.

p.s. i also don't understand that they claim the majority of LIve 8 users has no problems, when it is a clear lie (or being blind?) when in fact the majority of users has major problems, it is only a fraction that report this (for the mentioned reasons) they should be closer to reality i believe.
I suppose thats where our views differ. I don't see how Live being tested on every possible system and combination is worse than it being tested behind closed doors to then be released as ehrm.. Live 8. Its what should have happened in the first place. A public beta where people actually tried out the software and gave feedback instead of using up slots only to get their hands on the software sooner. If all else fails maybe they can stop supporting any OS that wasn't built before 2009. *ducks*

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:47 pm

hoffman2k wrote: If all else fails maybe they can stop supporting any OS that wasn't built before 2009. *ducks*
Not such a bad idea, no one makes cars that run on four star anymore....

Cheers
D

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:51 pm

This brings back memories... my baby crashing all the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDbpzjbXUZI
Last edited by simpleton on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:54 pm

fisto wrote:The biggest problem for me is when it crashes, the most part I have to restart because i can't quit life from the tasklist. It just stays in there which makes a reboot necessary on XP.
This may related to a known issue. Do you have a USB MIDI controller? If so, the next time you crash and can't quit from the tasklist, try disconnecting your controller. Please let me know if the process ends then.

Thanks,

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Dennis DeSantis wrote:
fisto wrote:The biggest problem for me is when it crashes, the most part I have to restart because i can't quit life from the tasklist. It just stays in there which makes a reboot necessary on XP.
This may related to a known issue. Do you have a USB MIDI controller? If so, the next time you crash and can't quit from the tasklist, try disconnecting your controller. Please let me know if the process ends then.

Thanks,
That's a heap of fun, when you don't have "a USB MIDI controller", but five USB MIDI controllers

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:39 pm

sporkles wrote:
Dennis DeSantis wrote:

Thanks,
That's a heap of fun, when you don't have "a USB MIDI controller", but five USB MIDI controllers
No, of course, that's totally horrible, and the problem itself is ugly.

Unfortunately, we have reports of it but are having a very hard time reproducing it accurately. So my hope is that if it's happening to this user, we'll have more data - so we can fix it.

Best,

kabelton

Post by kabelton » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:40 pm

live crashed and while it wanted to restore the crashed file it crashed again, so all work is gone. thanks ableton! i will never say any good things about live in front of clients or friends... so frustating...

and no, i cant invest hours of bug hunting... thats your job!

live 8 was my last version...

fuck

... this post is only to make me feel better, nothing more...

edit:

there was only one audiofile i edited... no plug-in at all!!! unbelievable...