Freeze tracks?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:24 am

freeze please!!!!

screw the altivec, screw the dual cpu support.

Give us freeze and i'll never ask for another thing!

flyingsquirrelofdeath

Post by flyingsquirrelofdeath » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:50 am

Yes, we need Freeze Tracks in Ableton; it will significantly lessen how often this message appears:

"A serious program error has occured. You should try to save your work under a new name using the Save As command from the File menu and restart the application."
:evil:

loveslap

Re: freeze

Post by loveslap » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:05 am

flyingsquirrelofdeath wrote:To avoid the perils of nubism I ran a search first for "freeze" before asking if anyone else thinks we need freeze-tracks for ableton live. Aside from "computer freezes all the time" I see this wonderful thread. Please, please, please Ableton: freeze tracks! You are soooo close to the perfect CPU-efficient recording/mixing software if you can just manage the plugin issue! How else can we possibly run all our EQ, compression, reverb, guitar amp plugins on all our tracks? If at all possible, don't wait until version 5 for a feature like that!

it's not a no-brainer because naturally we would like to see the freezing happen without the music halting in the process, right?

zanlyons

Post by zanlyons » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:21 pm

mikemc wrote:
Wouldn't you like to be able to drag a midi clip to an audio track and have it automagically render the clip to audio for you? I guess it's not freeze in the "traditional" sense but it's quite similar. If they implemented that I think I would wet my pants, seriously. I'd even pay $100 extra for it.
Great idea! Should be a way of doing it with audio tracks too!!
http://www.zanlyons.com
Powerbook 667. 768mb Ram.

zanlyons

Post by zanlyons » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:17 pm

I think automatic freezing would be pretty great!
http://www.zanlyons.com
Powerbook 667. 768mb Ram.

BENBLEASE

Post by BENBLEASE » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:31 pm

It would be mega handy. HOWEVER, are we really wanting live to replace our (traditional) daws here?

don't get me wrong, i've never been more productive since i moved to live, but i think the reason it's so fluid is that i've never seen a progress bar come up on screen while it 'thinks' (consolidate tracks doesn't count).

I've had along good think about this, and there are certain processes which a computer just can't do in realtime (which is the point of 'LIVE' is it not). I don't think they can keep adding this stuff whilst keeping it so easy to use ya know?

supster

Post by supster » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:39 pm

BENBLEASE wrote: are we really wanting live to replace our (traditional) daws here?
yes, a lot of us already have :) i would guess thousands of people ...
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com