MIDI Control that only affects the current tracks device

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Gravis

MIDI Control that only affects the current tracks device

Post by Gravis » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi guys, i've had a search, read a bunch of different options but can't find anything obvious for my solution.

I have 12 tracks, each with a beat repeat on it and a MIDI controller that has an endless rotary controller on it.

I would like to be able to have that knob on the controller change the interval on the beat repeat but ONLY for the currently selected track, I do NOT want it to change the value on ALL beat repeats on all channels.

Right now i can only assign it to one beat repeat interval knob, OR, if i assign it to all of them then they all change at the same time :(

This doesn't sound like it should be a hard thing to do so if someone can point me to the right place in the manual im more than happy to read.

I have Max4Live if needed :)

Cheers
iMac G5 2.16 | Echo AudioFire12 | Xone 92 | Live 8 + M4L | Trigger Finger | Monome 256 | Kenton Killamix Mini | Truth 3031A

tripandball

Re: MIDI Control that only affects the current tracks device

Post by tripandball » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:12 am

Items like the APC 40 give you the ability to change through highlighted tracks and change the effect, but normally, you cannot do this without actually midi mapping each to a different knob.