8.1.3 Release Notes/Bug Fixes

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ScudMan

8.1.3 Release Notes/Bug Fixes

Post by ScudMan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:58 am

I'd like to see what got fixed. Any pointers?
-
ScudMan

hoffman2k

Re: 8.1.3 Release Notes/Bug Fixes

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:53 am

ScudMan wrote:I'd like to see what got fixed. Any pointers?
Ableton don't do changelogs anymore. Its touch and go. The only way to know if a bug is fixed is to not experience it.

m:o

Post by m:o » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:24 am

yep. that's a highly questionable way of doing transparent product care.
If Live is totally bug-free then ok, but......

octopod

Post by octopod » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:30 am

I'm pretty annoyed there are no release notes. They're a basic part of customer communication IMHO.

orgul

Post by orgul » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:34 am

I find this "no bugfix list" policy unexceptable! :(

What happend to transparency?

evilaci

Post by evilaci » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:42 pm

octopod wrote:I'm pretty annoyed there are no release notes. They're a basic part of customer communication IMHO.
It is the tragedy of the internet....

Release notes are of course usefull and part of the customer communication.

But you need an "educated" audiance....

But look at the threads here: "Will Live 9 be stable?" for instance.

How do you want to start customer communication with that kind of body of thought?

Unfortunately every single published release note is a possible panic-mode-confusion initalizer....

And this is not Abletons fault! They have better things to do than holding hands for each customers who dont read the manual or somebody has read sth from a psycho-user and confuse people here.... yes people too stupid for Live!

I really ask myself very often the last days how some people here succeeded even to connect to the internet?

The feedback benefit from the customers is getting more and more lost! And it is our fault.

I predict password login communities in 2-3 years to hold the established users who helped or serviced the Abe Team with usefull feature ideas, testing beta or just bringing live forward. And in that enviroment releasenotes are usefull again!

On other communties it is the same!

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:52 pm

I disagree evillaci.
Of course there are people who pirated the program and/or use it just for fun and don't put the necessary energy into the understanding of this product.
But still, Live has the aspiration to be a program for professionals who are the base of financial support, because these are the people who actually buy Live.
As such, each version should come with release notes, regardless of educated professionals being the minority in this forum community.

lapieuvre

Post by lapieuvre » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:56 pm

I don't agree with evilaci.

I need to see change log. I run a show with ableton Live, and every night it needs to be stable. I have to know what has been fixed before doing an update. I encounter bugs with dummyclips, so if they din't fix this issue, I won't update, risking other problems.
MBP 2018, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.15.7
MBP M1 Max 64 GB Ram, OSX 14.3.1
Live 10.1.43 Suite
Live 11.3.21
Live 12 Beta
Interface : Apollo Twin duo

evilaci

Post by evilaci » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:43 pm

@MPKG and @lapieuvre:

Ok you disagree with me but i dont disagree with you.... :mrgreen:

You want to check the published release notes (me too) but after reading and checking them this is for you finished.

But it might be not for Ableton! After publishing the changelog it could be possible that 1,2,3,4 persons from Abes have to catch the biggest part of this community because they freak out.

Do you remember the release note discussions here which ended in the requests of some Klugscheisser: I WANT A LIST OF ALL(!) PLUGINS THAT DONT WORK WITH LIVE? AND I`m A PAID SUITE CUSTOMER AND IF YOU DONT DELIVER YOUR SUPPORT IS BULLSHIT.....

This is just one example why we dont get them published and i can absolutely understand and support this!

Snapshot off other communites:

Where are the USB3 Interfaces from RME? Nothing planned so RME = Bullshit
Where is Blueray and USB3 in the new Macbooks? Not in new version so Apple = Bullshit
Where is a ULN2, ULN4, ULN without Micpres, ULN with ADAT and 3 Micpres, ULN for WIN? Not plannd deliverd so MH = Bullshit

And this freaks think the more making noise on as much communities as possible they could pressure out the features they want!

Should i go further?

So where is the benefit for all this companies having communities. Times changed! And as i have already written i think in 2-3 years the community content will be unbearable. Then we need new ideas that you will get your informations.
One idea: Maybe this companies should invite customers for a community-test: Close your eyes and try to hit nose with your forefinger. You succeed you are allowed to be a community member. Not you are banned... :wink:

I feel sad now....

evilaci

Post by evilaci » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Look, 5 min later!
What i have written about trying to pressure features or whatever out.
Now we have a Poll about that changelog topic!

It is annoying. Think further we could make a Poll about: Do you want Blueray in future Macbook..... for instance...

Honestly: This has nothing to do with: Community

I will not name it what this behaviour is for me!

But we should get rid of that!

taoyoyo

Post by taoyoyo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Is it not possible to install 8.1.3, test it out whilst still having the last stable version for 'you' installed?

(I've still got 8.09 and 8.1 available in my Apps folder)
http://taoyoyo.com

Late 2011 15" Macbook Pro | 10.8.4 | RME Babyface

emj_antonin

Post by emj_antonin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:51 pm

evilaci wrote:Look, 5 min later!
What i have written about trying to pressure features or whatever out.
Now we have a Poll about that changelog topic!

It is annoying. Think further we could make a Poll about: Do you want Blueray in future Macbook..... for instance...

Honestly: This has nothing to do with: Community

I will not name it what this behaviour is for me!

But we should get rid of that!
yes we must get rid of that, but why do professionals like us have to lose out for stupid behaviours? :wink:

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:00 pm

evilaci wrote:@MPKG and @lapieuvre:

Ok you disagree with me but i dont disagree with you.... :mrgreen:

You want to check the published release notes (me too) but after reading and checking them this is for you finished.

But it might be not for Ableton! After publishing the changelog it could be possible that 1,2,3,4 persons from Abes have to catch the biggest part of this community because they freak out.

Do you remember the release note discussions here which ended in the requests of some Klugscheisser: I WANT A LIST OF ALL(!) PLUGINS THAT DONT WORK WITH LIVE? AND I`m A PAID SUITE CUSTOMER AND IF YOU DONT DELIVER YOUR SUPPORT IS BULLSHIT.....

This is just one example why we dont get them published and i can absolutely understand and support this!

Snapshot off other communites:

Where are the USB3 Interfaces from RME? Nothing planned so RME = Bullshit
Where is Blueray and USB3 in the new Macbooks? Not in new version so Apple = Bullshit
Where is a ULN2, ULN4, ULN without Micpres, ULN with ADAT and 3 Micpres, ULN for WIN? Not plannd deliverd so MH = Bullshit

And this freaks think the more making noise on as much communities as possible they could pressure out the features they want!

Should i go further?

So where is the benefit for all this companies having communities. Times changed! And as i have already written i think in 2-3 years the community content will be unbearable. Then we need new ideas that you will get your informations.
One idea: Maybe this companies should invite customers for a community-test: Close your eyes and try to hit nose with your forefinger. You succeed you are allowed to be a community member. Not you are banned... :wink:

I feel sad now....

my ears are burning....Look all I did was ask for a list of things that they knew did not work. As far as the person who threatened that they should die that is wrong and they should be banned for life.

If you think that a list of things that have known issues is out of line, I am sorry. As well your the account you created three months ago to defend your ideals is even funnier. Log in with your real account and have a open conversation. It is hard to take you seriously when it is apparent that you are a long time user, who just happpened to create an account in Feb.

I am sorry again that you think that having an open process is such a bad thing. I personally do not care at all about the change logs, but for some folks who understand what they are it is important.

How is this hard to understand is a little confusing to me, but then again I might be missing something
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:08 pm

:? Another vote here for release notes and bug fixes.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi folks,

Please understand that the decision to not post changelogs was not an attempt to "whitewash" anything. We simply thought they were too technical and specific to be useful for a wide range of users.

That being said, thanks for the feedback on the topic. We're taking it all into consideration.

Best,