Unvertainty Reduction Theory

Share your tracks with other users.
digitallush

Unvertainty Reduction Theory

Post by digitallush » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:17 pm

http://soundcloud.com/digitallush/uncer ... ion-theory

Intro is all a live piano improv, then everything built in on top of that - I would start about 6 minutes in if you have a short attention span / aren't a fan of piano :D

tlennon

Re: Unvertainty Reduction Theory

Post by tlennon » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:04 am

I have to say... you are persistent. :) Well, your persistence has paid off. I go from WTF from your last post 'Ambient Piano Solo' to this is pretty damn good. Now all you have to do is research what is and how to use a compressor and limiter to rid your tracks of distorted peaks. There has definitely been progress but you are still lacking mixing finest. I have no doubt that you will improve with practice and time. Your musical skills are not in question here. The song is very refreshing. Thanks for sharing and do keep at it.
Terrence Lennon

tan111

Post by tan111 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:13 am

Well, my opinion on this is you just have your distinguishing feature, and I don't think it's bad, do what you feel

digitallush

Post by digitallush » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks guys - and I don't think he was saying it was 'bad'... just pointing out areas for improvement.. and I agree. I've been trying to balance a lot of shit going on right now.. am finishing up a degree in digital design..which offers little to no advice on audio design, so all of this has been a personal pursuit. THe little free time I have I try and spend practicing 'playing' (as well as piano), and things like compressing and limiting are just another thing on the list to tackle when I can.

As soon as this quarter's over, I'll be able to immerse myself fully in this stuff, and start producing some better mixes... and with anything else.. the more experience/practice the better. ^_^ Ah yes - was accepted to pursue a masters in Sound Design, so within the year, I'm pretty sure my mixing will improve ten fold.