LiveControl: Automap for TouchOSC (ipod/ipad)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ST8

Re: Automap for TouchOSC (ipod/ipad)

Post by ST8 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Ok heres an installer that shouldnt crash on either 10.5 or 10.6!
http://monome.q3f.org/export/latest/tru ... ol_mac.zip

PieterC

Post by PieterC » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:04 am

ST8,
The first installer you gave me didnt crash and did install the files, but the patch didnt work, however the second does work partially, the ipod shows which clips are loaded and recieves feedback when I change something in ableton, but ableton doesnt recieve any messages, nor does it show the red box.

the debug option of your installer does give some errors, I'll send you the file now, if you can find whats wrong that would be lovely

Pieter

Dr. Zoiberg

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:10 am

PieterC wrote:ST8,
The first installer you gave me didnt crash and did install the files, but the patch didnt work, however the second does work partially, the ipod shows which clips are loaded and recieves feedback when I change something in ableton, but ableton doesnt recieve any messages, nor does it show the red box.

the debug option of your installer does give some errors, I'll send you the file now, if you can find whats wrong that would be lovely

Pieter
are you sure you selected LiveControl_TO from the list of MIDI Remote Surfaces ?
Because I think that Ableton should show the red box even if it's not syncing with your ipod.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:40 am

working but quite a bit of lag going on....

PieterC

Post by PieterC » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:48 am

Dr. Zoiberg wrote:
PieterC wrote:ST8,

Pieter
are you sure you selected LiveControl_TO from the list of MIDI Remote Surfaces ?
Because I think that Ableton should show the red box even if it's not syncing with your ipod.
quite sure, yes, I have it selected, it never shows such a box

ST8

Post by ST8 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:38 am

Ok i see whats up peiter, try installing live 8.1 or 8.1.1, something has changed between 8.0.10 and those.

ralin

Post by ralin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:57 pm

I installed this using the manual installation method under 10.6.3 but skipped installing python and everything worked just fine. Is the python installation really necessary?
Thanks for all your work on this.

ST8

Post by ST8 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm

no you dont need python anymore, i removed the dependency a few commits ago, need to update the docs

Dr. Zoiberg

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm trying the latest installer; erased every older file before installing.

When pressing down (or up, left, right) in the clip launcher the box moves to the next page instead of next line. Is this intentional?
In device control, it wuold be nice if the knobs which have no parameter assigned could be grey.
Same for the clip launcher, I'd like empty slots to be grey.

The mixer with track levels looks great (levels are bit lagging); I would insert transport controls and move the overdub button in there.

Finally, Live is really slow when selecting the Livecontrol_TO in the control surfaces menu in ableton.

tested with Live 8.1.1.

GREAT WORK :)

Dr. Zoiberg

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 pm

I think there are some problems withthe debug server

Dr. Zoiberg

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:05 pm

And one last suggestion: track labels with buttons in device control, so that one can select a track with just one click (without scrolling thru all tracks).

t1mp

Post by t1mp » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:11 am

Nevermind 8O . USER error!

This thing is awesome!

Dr. Zoiberg

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:27 am

I'm sure it works on Mac 10.5.8.

PieterC

Post by PieterC » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:29 am

It's alive!!!
Thank you ST8 and everybody, finally got it working and it's terrific!!! love it
Indeed you need ableton 8.1 for it to work, btw, it does work on a 162 internet ip here

ST8

Post by ST8 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:45 am

Dr. Zoiberg wrote:I'm trying the latest installer; erased every older file before installing.

When pressing down (or up, left, right) in the clip launcher the box moves to the next page instead of next line. Is this intentional?
In device control, it wuold be nice if the knobs which have no parameter assigned could be grey.
Same for the clip launcher, I'd like empty slots to be grey.

The mixer with track levels looks great (levels are bit lagging); I would insert transport controls and move the overdub button in there.

Finally, Live is really slow when selecting the Livecontrol_TO in the control surfaces menu in ableton.

tested with Live 8.1.1.

GREAT WORK :)
Hold shift to move one scene / track at a time.
I cant change widget properties via osc, maybe in future releases of TouchOSC i could.
The meter levels are deliberatly laggy to limit bandwidth, it seems its quite easy to flood TouchOSC (same with the clip positions on the clip launcher page)
I'll add the overdub and transport controls, thats a good idea!

Slow throughout the set, or just when selecting the script? I guess it takes a second to bind all the listeners, especially if you have a large set.

Also you can select a track on the clip launcher page, hold shift and press a clip, that'll select the scene and track