8.1.3 Release Notes/Bug Fixes

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: 8.1.3 Release Notes/Bug Fixes

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:28 pm

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_SsKRZIU0uK2mM:http://www.ronchua.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/leprechaun4.jpg?w=37&h=23[/img] wrote:
H20nly wrote: being practical has nothing to do with this narrow perspective.
au contraire mon fraire, being practical has everything to do with it.
Hence the changelogs being re-instated. You've read the 8.1.3 changelog. Haven't you ?
Go ahead, admit it. But you don't have to thank me for consolidating popular opinion. Really, it's ok.

:mrgreen:

No I haven't.

What I have done....
-Downloaded and installed 8.1.3 on my laptop and launched and tested it. All good so far.
-Downloaded 8.1.3 to a folder on my main DAW for when I have time/desire to put it through the ringer.

please, by all means, go ahead and hold your breath on that thank you...
Last edited by H20nly on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

dum

Post by dum » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:29 pm

^^ Lies :lol:
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:31 pm

Nope. every word of it true.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

dum

Post by dum » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Oh, stonewalling me eh ?

You're a good liar :lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:40 pm

:roll: who the fuck are you that I would need to lie about anything?

dum

Post by dum » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm the leprechaaaaaaaaun!
don't steal me pot of gold!

btw, *golf clap* on the righteous indignation bit - really sells the lie. :lol:

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Guys,

Seriously?

dum

Post by dum » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Sorry Dennis, h20 likes to follow me around. He can't help himself.

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks for the release notes, it's great you take the time respond to the community. :)

taximouse

Post by taximouse » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:58 pm

thanks for posting the changelog Abletons. this means a lot.
MacBook Pro 2.93 Ghz, early 2009, 4GB RAM
OS 10.5.8
Live 8.1.4
Motu Ultralite + FCB1010 + SooperLooper + cello

twitter: zoecello
http://www.zoekeating.com

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:00 pm

Dennis DeSantis wrote:Hi folks,

Please understand that the decision to not post changelogs was not an attempt to "whitewash" anything. We simply thought they were too technical and specific to be useful for a wide range of users.

That being said, thanks for the feedback on the topic. We're taking it all into consideration.

Best,
I don't really understand this policy, especially in light of the welcome transparency of the Ableton bosses about the need to improve the software.

They aren't too technical or specific - they can simply be ignored if not required, but they are very useful if checking if a particular bug has been addressed.

Please bring them back.

UPDATE: I hadn't read to the end of the thread! Thanks.

Cheers
Richard
Core i7 2.3GHz|Win7x64|8GB|1.5TB & Core 2 Duo T7200, XP Pro SP3,
Nio 2|4, Edirol PCR800, NanoKontrol , Komplete Synths + Reaktor 5, Cameleon, Alchemy, FabFilter 2 suite
http://www.myspace.com/richardlyallmusic http://craftycurate.blogs.com

synnack

Post by synnack » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:48 am

@Dennis,

EVERY update there is a flood of people asking if they need to download the full Suite version if they are Suite owners. I.e. has anything changed in the content that would require the full 1GB file or can they just download the standard build.

You might want to include that in the release notes for each update.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:55 am

tempus3r wrote:@Dennis,

EVERY update there is a flood of people asking if they need to download the full Suite version if they are Suite owners. I.e. has anything changed in the content that would require the full 1GB file or can they just download the standard build.

You might want to include that in the release notes for each update.

i would preffer an intelligent download that just downloads ecessary components automatical..like apples software update...

so user that have livepacks disabled only get the plain program while others that have packs or the suite get theier active content update but nothing else...

as mentioned in another thread that would be enviromental friendly and comfortable..and probably also very timesafing.. i think many users have absolutly no interest in all the ableton content... at least i hope so
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Megageoff

Post by Megageoff » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks to all at Ableton for the both the log and all the time spent on these fixes!

And naysayers, really?? Even though 8 may have had more problems than earlier versions, their efforts here really say something about the company and their approach to customer service. When I was starting out in music I had many crashes and problems with the software (bought from a large and faceless corporation claiming to be the 'industry standard'). Despite the fact that my entire setup had been bought together to ensure it was officially 'supported' by the company, their customer service were very unhelpful, blaming the problems on 3rd parties. After months of regular emails, the only option they gave me was to spend an extra £100 on an upgrade to the updated software in the hope that it would function better.

In stark contrast I have found both Ableton and Propellerhead genial, helpful and committed to providing excellent products, rather than resting upon their laurels.

Thanks again!
  • 2.53 Ghz Macbook Pro i5, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6.3, DIGI 002R, Live 8.2.6, APC40

Torley

Post by Torley » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Here's a BIG THANX from me (yes, it's me!) too for the release notes — even if highly technical, if you've already compiled them, then the time you've already spent is even better served by making them public because it saves so much time for others in making informed decisions. As has been said, it also helps us appreciate the work done. Such transparency is invaluable.

Some of the Live mavens I've come to know are really smart and I'd like to think that mindset constitutes a bigger part of Live's userbase than most products.

I got earlier support notifications that a couple bugs I reported were fixed, and release notes help me confirm this.
Yes, that Torley. I use Live to do THIS. :)