APC 40 - Way to cancel?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ajargy

APC 40 - Way to cancel?

Post by ajargy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:10 am

Let's say you accidentally hit something like a scene launch or the wrong clip, is there any way to cancel it?
Is there like a cancel button or something you can map a button to that will cancel?
Do you have to have Bomes?
Thanks!

mode:masters

Re: APC 40 - Way to cancel?

Post by mode:masters » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:15 am

Not possible that I am aware of. Maybe you could do it with Max4Live.

Post in the WishList for a "panic" button :)

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:03 am

ajargy wrote:Let's say you accidentally hit something like a scene launch or the wrong clip, is there any way to cancel it?
Is there like a cancel button or something you can map a button to that will cancel?
Do you have to have Bomes?
Thanks!
I`ve screwed up countless times bechause of this problem..
Definately a wishlist-feature!!!

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

the only solution to this is to launch an empty slot clip BEFORE the accidentaly triggered clip launches.

you can leave an empty row at the bottom of your session view and assign midi buttons to them, but you need to have a "cancel" slot for each channel with its own midi assignment, or you can leave every 8th row empty if your using a launchpad so no matter where you scroll there is 1 cancel row on the controller at all times, it wont affect cpu usage to have 1 empty slot out of every 8, I've saved my own ass a few times using this trick.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:22 pm

but don't call it "panic" button, call it the "Oh Shit" button
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:25 pm

mike_o wrote:the only solution to this is to launch an empty slot clip BEFORE the accidentaly triggered clip launches.

you can leave an empty row at the bottom of your session view and assign midi buttons to them, but you need to have a "cancel" slot for each channel with its own midi assignment, or you can leave every 8th row empty if your using a launchpad so no matter where you scroll there is 1 cancel row on the controller at all times, it wont affect cpu usage to have 1 empty slot out of every 8, I've saved my own ass a few times using this trick.
Lets say your in the middle of a one-minute-clip..
If you then accidently trigger a new clip or a dummy clip or an empty clip or whatever, there is no way to cancel the action and continue the one-minute-clip where you left off/screwed up.. You need to start the clip from the beginning.. Right?

Lord Kahn

Post by Lord Kahn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Rabalder wrote: Lets say your in the middle of a one-minute-clip..
If you then accidently trigger a new clip or a dummy clip or an empty clip or whatever, there is no way to cancel the action and continue the one-minute-clip where you left off/screwed up.. You need to start the clip from the beginning.. Right?
If you activate legato on the clip you should be able to recover. It'll resume from where it should be though (ie it'll be a bar or two further on). Which is probably more useful as you'll still be in time with any other elements.