Insomnia

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
derzai

Re: Insomnia

Post by derzai » Sun May 02, 2010 2:33 pm

plantaginate wrote:
derzai wrote:
UKRuss wrote:Stay off the puff. Passing out is not the same as healthy sleep.
If you haven't had sleep for say two weeks you dont care.
may want to revise that statement. the world records only 11 days.
i tried this herb, corydalis yanhusuo, was really effective for my insomnia, also a great pain reliever.
was great at first, but after about 3 weeks of use every few days, i developed symptoms akin to the worst body flu symptoms (i.e. sore muscles/bones, cripling headache, nausea/dizziness). i put it down to it fucking with my liver and kidneys as they say it may have those effects. however i seem to be an isolated case as reports i've read people take it with no worries or ill effects. YMMV. so yeah, back to getting 4 hrs a night again, interjected with no sleep at all. would get sleeping tablets but one i'd have to stop and i'd be not only back at square one, but worse.
When you wake up more tired than when you go to bed, thats what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL4MMJMX ... re=related

plantaginate

Post by plantaginate » Sun May 02, 2010 2:40 pm

just being a pedant mate, don't sweat it.
actually i heard from an internet source that if you wake up and can't get back to sleep a drink of water is the answer. something about how when your asleep the parts of your brain which register dehydration are blocked, and this contributes to poor sleep. i've never had it work for me though.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sun May 02, 2010 2:44 pm

I just took 3 stinky Valerian Root capsules.

Plant - Thanks for the tip on Corydalis Yanhusuo. I drink lots of water all the time. The only thing I could do is maybe cutback a little so I don't have to pee as much.

arctic ranger

Post by arctic ranger » Sun May 02, 2010 4:31 pm

when I was living up north with the 24 hrs of daylight i used to take melatonin for my severe insomnia. also from what i understand, if you change your surroundings you tend to sleep better. maybe place your bed in a different spot or maybe change rooms altogether. tv in the bedroom is a no no as well
mpb c2d, remote sl, mpc1000, korg legacy, zebra 2, phoscyon, devastator

http://soundcloud.com/enrock/first-edit

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun May 02, 2010 4:44 pm

I know this may seem radical, but have you tried reading a book?

And not something like Harry Potter that's hard to put down. Something like, I dunno, Heidegger.
Unsound Designer

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sun May 02, 2010 5:16 pm

It's not alcohol! but I see your point..

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Mon May 03, 2010 3:50 am

Hidden Driveways wrote:I just took 3 stinky Valerian Root capsules.

Plant - Thanks for the tip on Corydalis Yanhusuo. I drink lots of water all the time. The only thing I could do is maybe cutback a little so I don't have to pee as much.
Good luck!

Tried Valerian a couple times, never did much for me. Seratonin levels in the brain and belly heavily effect our sleep and our daytime energy. I had some bad insomnia a couple weeks ago. I intuitively knew my seratonin levels were depleted. Bought some 5HTP and some melatonin. I'm a very happy man, now. Really good info about sleep in the book "The Mood Cure".

I had played with 5HTP and other amino acids a few years ago for depression/moods/bad sleep. Really helped. Take them for a few weeks or months and then the body gets back into balance.
Life is Good

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Mon May 03, 2010 4:01 am

stringtapper wrote:I know this may seem radical, but have you tried reading a book?

And not something like Harry Potter that's hard to put down. Something like, I dunno, Heidegger.
Might actually cure insomnia all the time, I know I slept through most of my arch theory classes which talked about Heidegger.

DWELLING...Dwellin....dwelling....zzzz.....
https://soundcloud.com/unearthproductions
beats me wrote:everybody around you thinks you’re a fucking idiot.

rosti

Post by rosti » Mon May 03, 2010 10:46 am

I read this thread last night and didn't get any sleep! Damn you internetz peepol cursing my sleeps!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon May 03, 2010 11:07 am

outershpongolia wrote:
It's not alcohol! but I see your point..
Actually, just to add, I don't drink alcohol either.

I sleep like a baby. :D

I used to do both copiously though and believe, I passed out more often on drugs than on alcohol. In fact it was when I stopped the puff I realised how long it had been since I had actually had a proper, honest, natural night's sleep.

Within two weeks I was having the most beautiful deep sleeps again, springing out of bed in the morning with energy for the day.

My (uneducated but logical) guess on the matter would be that it is all about body chemistry. Try changing your diet, keeping logs of things you eat, use to wash yourself, spray under your arms etc. and eliminate things until you find the cause of your misalignment.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Mon May 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Busting a nut or two usually does it for me.

aah.....sleepy now. :wink:
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Mon May 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Well for me sometimes insomnia can be quite awesome, i went to bed at like 1am, and woke 2 hours later at like 3:30 :(, but in the end i spent a couple hours in Live and Massive and got a nice lead and bass line going :mrgreen:. Thank you insomnia...time for sleep now
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Mon May 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Bleep Blop Ima Robot wrote:Well for me sometimes insomnia can be quite awesome, i went to bed at like 1am, and woke 2 hours later at like 3:30 :(, but in the end i spent a couple hours in Live and Massive and got a nice lead and bass line going :mrgreen:. Thank you insomnia...time for sleep now
I agree Bleep. My creativty shines brighter than ever when I'm out of my mind with sleep dep. It's funny, the two times I've hung out with aqua_tek and contact123 fron the forum, I was out of my mind with sleep deprivation. They must think I'm partially crazy. I am, but not as out of control as when I'm tired like that.

However wonderful your creative juices get when you're tired, you have to be VERY VERY careful. It's not something to be abused.

Anyhow, I got a full 7 hours last night. I'm happy as hell and it's a wonderful day to be alive.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Mon May 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote: Anyhow, I got a full 7 hours last night. I'm happy as hell and it's a wonderful day to be alive.
nice, im looking forward to getting mine back on track again, trying some ambein tonight again, well see how it goes. Still haven't even slept since my 2 hours earlier...cry the dep is starting to make me loony 8O
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon May 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Nice.