Ableton Live User Group BERLIN !!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
#1thelark

Re: Ableton Live User Group BERLIN !!!

Post by #1thelark » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:23 pm

WMF=WTF? Well there must be other places ... which clubs/parties/artists in Berlin would you recommend this weekend (again: either electro or dnb, techno is big in Berlin but just not my taste)? I would also love smaller places where maybe I could look over the DJ's shoulder and get some inspiration or have a little tech-chat with him...

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:29 pm

For the main stuff, pick up a copy of Tip or Zitty when you're here... (if you're here on Tuesday, there's always Booka Shade :-) )

RA is also good: http://www.residentadvisor.net/local.aspx?ai=34

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Thanks. Back in tha days I remember the klubradio website... you could check what kind of music is playing at your favourite club (livestreams from WMF etc.) or just download the whole evening afterwards. That was a really nice idea... Nowadays with myspace it's taking ages to check what music will be played... But RA is a really nice site. Thanks for the link!

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Man... this is really frustrating. I just spent 2 hours clicking on different parties on ra and the corresponding myspace-pages... but still I haven't found any electro-artist?
I hoped to see artists like boys noize or some french electro artists f.ex... but all myspace-sites I click on is "minimal, house, techno, minimalistic..." almost 50 events on that page for tonite and almost all of them only play minimal/techno??

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:23 pm

#1thelark wrote:Man... this is really frustrating. I just spent 2 hours clicking on different parties on ra and the corresponding myspace-pages... but still I haven't found any electro-artist?
I hoped to see artists like boys noize or some french electro artists f.ex... but all myspace-sites I click on is "minimal, house, techno, minimalistic..." almost 50 events on that page for tonite and almost all of them only play minimal/techno??
yup, here is no variation, not within electronic music, though... mini shit, mini shit, mini shit and the few parties that are good are usually not proper advertised, i am gonna go and see some old friends, mike shannon and adam marshall (live) from cynosure at panorama bar tonight... (but mike is rather mini as well...)

that is what i always say: berlin my ass music mekka... to many lame fuckers from villages living here. it's small minded like a village (only in respect to music, though!!!)
*** Image GAFM ***

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Yeah, this weekend is just techno, techno, techno... :?

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Are you guys being sarcastic? Did I look on the wrong page?
If yes, then please give me a link where I can easily find artists/parties that suit my musical taste.

I know where I can listen to dnb but how can it be so hard to find cool electro artists in this town?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:51 pm

#1thelark wrote:Are you guys being sarcastic? Did I look on the wrong page?
If yes, then give me a link where I can easily find artists/parties that suit my musical taste.

I know where I can listen to dnb but how can it be so hard to find cool electro artists in this town?
i wish it would be sarcasm, it is true...

forget about the idea most people have from this town regarding variety of music in clubs. it does not exist. (well you can find here and there something, but usually poorly advertised, no name DJs in super rotten stinking punk locations)

but i don't know anything for tonight, as i say i go to P bar...
Last edited by SubFunk on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Unfortunately not being sarcastic... a friend of mine was looking for the same thing all weekend: some cool electro event - was nothing on, at least in the listings...

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:58 pm

:cry:
That SUCKS.
I wanted to dance my ass off tonite...but instead I will get bedsores.
:evil:

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:05 pm

No, no, get some absinthe down you, head over somewhere fun like Morlox until the sun comes up and then head over to Berghain/Panorama Bar, leaving sometime Sunday afternoon :)

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:09 pm

8O wrote:No, no, get some absinthe down you, head over somewhere fun like Morlox until the sun comes up and then head over to Berghain/Panorama Bar, leaving sometime Sunday afternoon :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

well, i don't know what is on there tonight, but the suicide circus got real good over the last 3-4 month (it was real horrible before)

but still surely not that kind of electro you are seeking.
*** Image GAFM ***

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Yeah, I think Suicide Circus is on a session that finishes on Sunday or Monday... worth checking out, #1thelark, good sound system too...

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:39 pm

mike was playing a surprisingly sexy house / tech house set (i haven't heard him for a long, long time) and adam did not played live as his partner got stuck do to all the interrupted air traffic right now, so he DJ-ed only as well... a tad more techy, but all in all a great evening loads of fun and not much minimal, feels like berlin starts to get a tad more towards house finally? (well, that just means we will have everywhere house instead of minimal soon), and the Panorama bar has finally kicked out that awful martin array soundsystem (how can be people so stupid and using an array for a club in the first place? fucking morons) and sticked meyer sound into it, yeah!!! (that took way to long for a place like that)
*** Image GAFM ***

eggnchips

Post by eggnchips » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:03 pm

My ears tire out real fast in Pbar. After 20 mins all I hear is hihat and kick.
Casio keyboard with 48k ZX Spectrum, a couple of tambourines and a triangle.
MUHK RECORDS