Partner Instruments

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jstilger

Re: Partner Instruments

Post by jstilger » Thu May 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Are there going to be any deals if you have already purchased products from the Partners? I own several of the Soniccouture packs (Konkrete Drums 1&2 and the Synthi Aks), but I would love to have them better integrated into live if possible without paying for the packs again.

Jason

Nevermind - just got an email from Soniccouture stating that you can upgrade to the new pack for just $10 - AWESOME
Last edited by jstilger on Thu May 06, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ableton Live 8 Suite boxed | APC 40 | Logic Studio 8 | MBP 2.16ghz | iPad | Launchpad | NI Audio Kontrol 1 | Axiom 25 | KRK Rockit 5's

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Thu May 06, 2010 5:59 pm

jstilger wrote:Are there going to be any deals if you have already purchased products from the Partners? I own several of the Soniccouture packs (Konkrete Drums 1&2 and the Synthi Aks), but I would love to have them better integrated into live if possible without paying for the packs again.

Jason
Go to the Soniccouture website. Log on and go to your account. The upgrade fee is $10 per pack.

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Thu May 06, 2010 6:07 pm

I guess I missed the part where it costs $10 to upgrade to using Drum Racks vs Instrument Racks. Bleh. Drum Racks + "faster loading time" (mine load fast already) isn't enough to spend $20 on atm :) I'm sure I will anyway at some point, though. :lol:

Not a jab at Soniccouture, there was certainly work involved in converting them and they deserve compensation. :wink:
I don't 'produce.' I write music.

JannisPablo

Post by JannisPablo » Thu May 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Love the Hang
:D

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Thu May 06, 2010 7:04 pm

db wrote:
KrisM wrote:
Pasha wrote:Given the recent 'get racks and no instrument access' philosophy we saw in Live 8 sound library, can I assume you do not need to own any Live instruments to use Partner Instruments?
I know Konkrete 1/2 use Instrument Racks and Simpler, as do most of PureMagnetik's packs. I tihnk it's safe to say that unless a company specifies a pack is for, or uses, a certain Live instrument, that it's sample-based and works with Simpler.
All packs work with Live 8.1.3 and Live Intro, no add-on instruments are required for any of the partner instruments.

Pasha is right, some sounds are powered by Suite instruments like Corpus or Operator to create layered sample/synth sounds. In this case, a Live user can play the sound and tweak it via the 8 Macros, but the inner devices such as Operator won't be visible.

Best,
Daniel
Thanks for pointing this out, Daniel! :mrgreen:
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers