> HELP! Why is my tempo being changed?!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
megahurt

> HELP! Why is my tempo being changed?!

Post by megahurt » Sun May 30, 2010 11:09 pm

I have a song in Live set at 175. It plays fine.

When I export, the file I'm given is considerably slower.

I've done this for years and never ran into this issue. Whet the hell is going on?!

megahurt

Re: > HELP! Why is my tempo being changed?!

Post by megahurt » Mon May 31, 2010 3:46 pm

this is killing me.

kleine

Post by kleine » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:14 am

It could be a samplerate issue - does the file also playback slower when re-imported into Live?

Best,
Christian

megahurt

Post by megahurt » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:47 pm

kleine wrote:It could be a samplerate issue - does the file also playback slower when re-imported into Live?

Best,
Christian
It seems to playback at the right speed in Live (once I turn off the warping). But way slow in Pro Tools.

I've tried exporting at different sample rates, new settings in Pro Tools, etc. There's really no good reason why a song should sound one way in Live and another when it is exported, is there?

megahurt

Post by megahurt » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:43 pm

ttt

megahurt

Post by megahurt » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:38 pm

yep.

kleine

Post by kleine » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Please send us your Log.txt to check if there´s a problem with your installation.
The Log.txt file can be found in following location:
•Mac OS X: /User/Library/Preferences/Ableton
•Windows (Live 4 and later versions): C:/Documents and Settings/yourusername/Application Data/Ableton/Live/Preferences
•Windows Vista/Win7: c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/ableton/live/ preferences/

Note that on some Windows systems the application data folder is hidden by default. Here is what you have to do to make it visible:
Windows XP/2000
1.Launch Explorer.
2.Select Tools/Folder Options/View.
3.Check "Show hidden files and folders."

-> Christian

Also, please give us more details about your setup (audio interface, driver type, used sample rate settings etc. )
I had such a scenario in the past where it helped to update the firmware of the interface.

Best,
Christian

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:06 pm

megahurt wrote:
kleine wrote:It could be a samplerate issue - does the file also playback slower when re-imported into Live?

Best,
Christian
It seems to playback at the right speed in Live (once I turn off the warping). But way slow in Pro Tools.

I've tried exporting at different sample rates, new settings in Pro Tools, etc. There's really no good reason why a song should sound one way in Live and another when it is exported, is there?

Sounds like a Pro-Tools issue :twisted:
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

megahurt

Post by megahurt » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:08 pm

H20nly wrote:Sounds like a Pro-Tools issue :twisted:
Aside from the fact that audio from everywhere else imports and plays fine in Pro Tools.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:25 pm

it was a joke and an example of what bad support would say/do.

it looks to me like you have people working on your case. i know its frustrating that the person who answers the phone doesn't have the exact answer to your problem, but its not like Ableton is an ISP or ILEC with 100,000+ employees that have scripted answers for every question in some half ass database with a bad search feature that you have to be put on hold for 3+ times by someone in some far off (other) country who doesn't know his way from a hole in the ground and calls himself Joe, due to the fact that his actual name contains significantly more consecutive consonants than the language being spoken allows for. No, its a small team of people that will get you your answer if/when they can. Fortunately for you, they still do this even when you're barking.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:39 am

in case you are on a mac you might use the good ol software soundhack from Tom Erbe to check the original source samplerate...

but actually i thought live is dealing with that automatically.. one of the points where live is better than the other DAW´s..

http://www.soundhack.com/freeware.php
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

megahurt

Post by megahurt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:27 pm

kleine wrote:Please send us your Log.txt to check if there´s a problem with your installation.
The Log.txt file can be found in following location:
•Mac OS X: /User/Library/Preferences/Ableton

-> Christian

Also, please give us more details about your setup (audio interface, driver type, used sample rate settings etc. )
I had such a scenario in the past where it helped to update the firmware of the interface.

Best,
Christian
Here is the log file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1589586/Log.txt

Digidesign 192 I/O
CoreAudio Driver
44/24Bit (but tried many variations)