New Boom

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
UKRuss

Re: New Boom

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:49 am

I have to say I think of myself as a pretty good mixer and passable at mastering others work. I was lucky enough to have T master two of my new tracks for me using his new monitors and I have to say, wow, they sound completely as I wanted them to and in a different league to how my original masters sounded.

If I can be brutally honest I am always a little sceptical, mainly because of my age, about online mastering and the associated cost. Also, I saw T as very much an electronic music guy although I know he incorporates some guitar into his work from time to time.

However, I now know for sure he has the skills and can work with a variety of material and produce top quality mastering. This has nothig to do with the Events per se, but damn, the tracks sound sharp. he really did find the critical areas in the mixes and enhance them where required, overall tonal balance is superb and the levelling between the two tracks that are fundamentally quite different is spot on, making them seem like they belong together on the same EP, which they will be.

I played them to a fellow forumite here who's professional opinion I also respect and he responded with something along the lines of:

'Damn! Where did you get these mixed, Abbey Road?'

I hadn't told him about T's mastering before hand so this was a genuine comment on the tracks. I won't name him but if he wants to chime in I am sure he will.

Of course, I put it down to my mixing skills rather tha T's mastering. :D

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:56 pm

i think exactly the same about T,

i never intended to bash him or anything to make that clear,

that is precisely the reason i was so shocked (started to question / wondered) about a part of his statement.

and on a side note, from the material i know from you, your mixing / productions are very good. if i am allowed to say.
*** Image GAFM ***

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanks Russ, much appreciated, glad you're happy the mastering. Those were some great tracks to work on, definitely down to your mixdown skills.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Good result all round. :D

Wasn't neccessarily aiming my comments at you Axel, just though I'd take the opportunity to chime in with my experience.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:33 pm

didn't took it personally, i just re-read my posts and T's responses and it felt suddenly a bit like bashing him :oops: ,
i just expressed my wondering, and wanted to clarify that, that is all.

all good and peace.
*** Image GAFM ***

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Your disgust with Mackie monitors drove you to rage! :D

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:05 pm

UKRuss wrote:Your disgust with Mackie monitors drove you to rage! :D
yep for sure, imagine michael schumacher would start to claim a golf gti is actually a respectable sports car and not that bad to drive :lol: LOL :lol:

(by all respect not that i think tarekith is comparable with michael :lol: but you get the point, why i was seriously wondering)

typically DnB / breaks / pure club producers like 'em, because they go oomph, oomph, but that is all they do. just oomph, oomph.

whatever,

peace.
*** Image GAFM ***

ShaneFontane

Post by ShaneFontane » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:47 pm

man. i feel your excitement.

"Like" my FB Page:
www.ShaneFontane.com

Blog:
http://www.DrDrt.com