Do you reckon Native instruments are going to build a daw. .

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tw1nstates

Do you reckon Native instruments are going to build a daw. .

Post by tw1nstates » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:42 am

next?

I mean, they have all the building blocks in place for an Awesome one.

Kore - stable au / vst host.
Maschine - sequencing and automation
Controller stuff in place.
Traktor userbase and maschine userbase that would jump on an integrated, stable performance software.

It kinda makes sense to me.

I'd buy it if it did the things we all have been asking for in Ableton. . .

I was thinking about this last night and I reckon it's a good possibility.
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

Jarvisimon

Re: Do you reckon Native instruments are going to build a daw. .

Post by Jarvisimon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:02 am

they should do yes...their "komplete" package is incomplete because of it.

Leon Tricker

Post by Leon Tricker » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 am

I reckon they'll eventually build a Neko type product.

It'll combine Kore, Maschine, audio I/O, a keyboard, an optional footboard, an NI sequencer that will also have a 'live performance' aspect, and of course will be pre-loaded with Komplete.

I don't think it'll have a computer built-in like Neko. The NI product will connect to a computer via USB/Firewire.

gerard

Post by gerard » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:04 pm

That is my greatest wish software-wise!!
MBP 2,5ghz
Live8
Maschine - AK1

http://www.myspace.com/milestoperdition

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:32 pm

well,i really hope they are!!!!!

i love N.I. stuff.
i already have Kore 2+Komplete 6.

i love the realtime recording of automation in Maschine's patterns.
they need to merge Maschine and Kore and Komplete together into the next-level superinstrument/daw+controller

i'd buy it in a heartbeat!!!!!

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Leon Tricker wrote:I reckon they'll eventually build a Neko type product.

It'll combine Kore, Maschine, audio I/O, a keyboard, an optional footboard, an NI sequencer that will also have a 'live performance' aspect, and of course will be pre-loaded with Komplete.

I don't think it'll have a computer built-in like Neko. The NI product will connect to a computer via USB/Firewire.
Gimme Gimme Gimme !

It'll be bug-free, too, for sure. And hyper-low latency.
Life is Good

Verbal

Post by Verbal » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:28 pm

nowtime wrote: It'll be bug-free, too, for sure. And hyper-low latency.
Sure it would be. Can you predict the future?

jonesonyou

Post by jonesonyou » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:28 pm

nowtime wrote:

Gimme Gimme Gimme !

for sure, I have used midi controller and AK1 with traktor pro, and its crazy stable lowest latency and runs on xp. almost unbelievable.....

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:57 pm

I'm not tryin' to pee in anyone's Wheaties here but...

Since when did NI become the industry leader in stability, great gui's and cpu efficiency? These are three things that are pretty much a must have for any (read: most) hosts. And unless it's a closed system like Reason I can only imagine the nightmare of getting NI customer support in line with all the "hey my plug doesn't work" requests. And they would also have to come up with some other licensing scheme. I can't see tying up my whole gig with NI's service center. Couple all of that with just one more question... Just how much would they need to improve on what's already out there to make worth anyone's (fanboi's excluded of course) worthwhile to switch?

I'm not saying they shouldn't try. I just won't be holding my breath. Now if Fabfilter, U-he, Spectrasonics or Camel Audio were to hint at such a thing, my ears would perk up a bit. But not a lot. I (like most of you) am very spoiled with what's on my plate already. Starting down another alphabetabugriddenupdateupgradeuntiltheygetitright path with another dev doesn't appeal to me at all. Nada, zip, zilch, fuggettaboutit...

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 pm

jonesonyou wrote:
nowtime wrote:

Gimme Gimme Gimme !

for sure, I have used midi controller and AK1 with traktor pro, and its crazy stable lowest latency and runs on xp. almost unbelievable.....
I hate to bust your bubble, but I've yet to see a software release from any company that's bug-free. And, a hardware component would make it worse.

Back to the OP's question- not that I'm aware of (and I would more than likely know).

Your NI forum moderator,
ew

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:30 pm

I doubt that a so huge package could really be that much reliable and bug free...

Maschine sequencer is really far from being something even like a little squetch of what a real DAW is...

And CPU-wise, I also doubt that having all komplete VSTs would achieve the CPU ease of ableton devices (not speaking of ableton itself, but the devices)

anyway, I'm in for the great confidence about future NI products.

but, I'd rather get the next maschine update (MIDI workstation, improved sequencer, improved group parameters save/load, timestretch, mp3 import...)

Loving NI :mrgreen:

cheers

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:31 pm

...weak :(
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:26 pm

UncleAge wrote:I'm not tryin' to pee in anyone's Wheaties here but...

Since when did NI become the industry leader in stability, great gui's and cpu efficiency? These are three things that are pretty much a must have for any (read: most) hosts. And unless it's a closed system like Reason I can only imagine the nightmare of getting NI customer support in line with all the "hey my plug doesn't work" requests. And they would also have to come up with some other licensing scheme. I can't see tying up my whole gig with NI's service center. Couple all of that with just one more question... Just how much would they need to improve on what's already out there to make worth anyone's (fanboi's excluded of course) worthwhile to switch?

I'm not saying they shouldn't try. I just won't be holding my breath. Now if Fabfilter, U-he, Spectrasonics or Camel Audio were to hint at such a thing, my ears would perk up a bit. But not a lot. I (like most of you) am very spoiled with what's on my plate already. Starting down another alphabetabugriddenupdateupgradeuntiltheygetitright path with another dev doesn't appeal to me at all. Nada, zip, zilch, fuggettaboutit...
The last thing I would want in the world was a spectrasonics DAW.

Or the others.
Ni would make sense tho cos they have the components, no one else does. . .
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

@ Ewistrand.

well, yeha, you should. But then there are those things called NDA's.

I reckon they could clear up with a well thought out, simple yet advanced daw.

Something that builds upon the innovation of all the others and also includes proper step sequencing - a la maschine.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:42 pm

"Build it and they will come" :D
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.