Setting up speakers and headphones.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DaxPG

Setting up speakers and headphones.

Post by DaxPG » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi everybody.

I'm just starting to get to know ableton, and i really want to dabble in DJ-ing. Now i did the lesson and seen some tutorials on youtube. The thing is that i can't seem to set up my speakers and my headphones, so that i can ceu and use my crossfader etc. I've tried a lot of things.

My sounddriver is Realtek HD with multiple outputs i selected ASIO4ALL etc, i just can't get it to work. Any advice?

Thank you very much in advance.

synnack

Re: Setting up speakers and headphones.

Post by synnack » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 am

DaxPG wrote:Hi everybody.

I'm just starting to get to know ableton, and i really want to dabble in DJ-ing. Now i did the lesson and seen some tutorials on youtube. The thing is that i can't seem to set up my speakers and my headphones, so that i can ceu and use my crossfader etc. I've tried a lot of things.

My sounddriver is Realtek HD with multiple outputs i selected ASIO4ALL etc, i just can't get it to work. Any advice?

Thank you very much in advance.
Well, stupid question but did you actually select different outputs in Ableton Live for your main out and the cue/preview?

"i've tried lots of things" doesn't really give enough data to help you.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

DaxPG

Post by DaxPG » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:24 am

Yes, sorry, I did select different outputs. like for cue out i have 1/2 and master out i have 3/4, still I only get the sound from the my speakers. I even tried changing them around.

But when i play a song in winamp it does go through my headphones.

Z3NO

Post by Z3NO » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Does your cue seletor on the master channel say 'cue' or 'solo'? Is should say cue...