WTB : NI Electronic instruments 2 XT

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
supamonsta

WTB : NI Electronic instruments 2 XT

Post by supamonsta » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi,

desperately searching for a legit copy of Electronic instruments 2 XT to buy...

(standalone version, not needing reaktor)

anyone?

any idea, link??

cheers

Sarrova-Q

Re: WTB : NI Electronic instruments 2 XT

Post by Sarrova-Q » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Unfortunately, they discontinued the production of the standalone version of EI 2XT. I think it's still available for reaktor.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:20 pm

yes indeed...

that's why I'm desperately asking here for any links or advices, if only one of you would love getting rid of its licence... for cheap BTW... :lol:

I don't get why they discontinued such a great product, at least they could still sell the download version...

I don't want to get reaktor, I don't need such a big program, in fact I just need metaphysical function to be able to make frakkin ambiant drone tracks with it and my jomox T-resonator...

I can use a cracked copy, but I hate doing this...

that's not... fair.

Anyone????

cheers

edit: I got someone to sell me reaktor 3 for 20 euros, but I got to pay 59 euros for the upgrade to reaktor 5, then pay 99 euros for Electronics instruments 2 for reaktor, and it would cost much more than the cost of EI2XT standalone... and run much more CPU..

cheers2

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:28 am

bipity BUMP !!!
:?: :?: :?:

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:43 am

supacheapskate wrote:edit: I got someone to sell me reaktor 3 for 20 euros, but I got to pay 59 euros for the upgrade to reaktor 5, then pay 99 euros for Electronics instruments 2 for reaktor, and it would cost much more than the cost of EI2XT standalone... and run much more CPU..

cheers2
'run much more CPU' ... Au contraire, mon frère. Bullshit in fact. The difference in CPU load would be negligible at worst.

you can get reaktor 5 for a grand total of 79 euros... that is literally the cheapest I have seen it sell for.... anywhere, ever. Cracking Electronic Instruments 2 shouldn't even be a distant thought in your head. As for buying used reaktor ensembles..... I never see it happen, there's no copy protection.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:06 am

well, the seller doesn"t respond to my mails, so I gotta forget reaktor for 79...

I prefer try to get EI2XT because, even if it's not that much CPU light, it will be more easy to use, like a kind of simple VST, isn't it??? reaktor: have to load reaktor, then load the ensemble inside reaktor...
As for buying used reaktor ensembles..... I never see it happen, there's no copy protection.

I don't get it??

anyway thanks for your help

cheers

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:22 am

I've never seen 'used' reaktor ensembles for sale...
I can only speculate why, but I'm making an educated guess that it's because of the lack of copy protection and NI don't allow it...

What don't you understand about that ? No copy protection means any fucko can duplicate and sell/distribute the ensemble for infinity but still keep using it himself...

The only difference in cpu/simplicity between the standalone version of the instruments and the reaktor version is you have to open reaktor first. If you have trouble with that I suggest quitting music production altogether and instead reserve your powers of concentration for breathing, sitting upright etc

jeskola01

Post by jeskola01 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:52 am

If it's discontinued - what is the stance on distributing it freely?

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:57 am

If you have trouble with that I suggest quitting music production altogether and instead reserve your powers of concentration for breathing, sitting upright etc
thanks for being so nice Dum, you're still so kind and gentle that's amazing :|

back to our discussion (?) : what I don't get, is that you speak about getting "used" reaktor ensembles, and the fact that you never saw such stuff for sale, and you then state about copy protection, etc

I don't get what you mean with "used reaktor ensembles"... and I don't see how this could be an alternative to 1) getting EI2XT or 2) getting Reaktor + EI2 pack...

anyway I can see I piss you off with my questions, so just let it go please, perhap's someone else will help me, or not.

cheers

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:03 am

supamonsta wrote:
If you have trouble with that I suggest quitting music production altogether and instead reserve your powers of concentration for breathing, sitting upright etc
thanks for being so nice Dum, you're still so kind and gentle that's amazing :|

back to our discussion (?) : what I don't get, is that you speak about getting "used" reaktor ensembles, and the fact that you never saw such stuff for sale, and you then state about copy protection, etc

I don't get what you mean with "used reaktor ensembles"... and I don't see how this could be an alternative to 1) getting EI2XT or 2) getting Reaktor + EI2 pack...

anyway I can see I piss you off with my questions, so just let it go please, perhap's someone else will help me, or not.

cheers
what he says is that used ensembles (2nd hand) cannot be sold because they cannot be protected by a serial..
so if I sell EI2XT I can still use it because there is no license transfer involved..

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:09 am

jeskola01 wrote:what is the stance on distributing it freely?
they don't.

It's only the stand alone license that is discontinued, it's still available for reaktor.
Obviously the intention is to [a] generate revenue by selling the ensembles to existing reaktor licensees generate more revenue by generating more reaktor licensees + go to {a} again

if you think you're entitled to run the instruments without reaktor, and see yourself cracking only out of necessity... well wouldn't it make sense to buy yourself the reaktor version of the instruments and then use your cracked standalone version instead ?

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:16 am

supamonsta wrote: I don't get what you mean with "used reaktor ensembles"... and I don't see how this could be an alternative to 1) getting EI2XT or 2) getting Reaktor + EI2 pack...
cheers
Oh ya, that was just some tangental info for your consumption...hehe

anyway, check out my post above...about how I think you could pay your way and still use the stand-alones...... also check your PM! I may have a pleasant surprise :D

Not pissed off, I'm just not keen on cracking when there's plenty of legal alternatives to pursue...(someone who gets reaktor5 for 79 euro and justifies cracking a standalone instrument pack cos it's ''simpler'' and ''more cpu efficient'' than the legal alternative = a douchebag)

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:11 pm

I got it, thanks to you dum and :
poster wrote:used ensembles (2nd hand) cannot be sold because they cannot be protected by a serial..
so if I sell EI2XT I can still use it because there is no license transfer involved..
I just had not understood EIXT2 was a reaktor ensemble, as it was sell as standalone stuff...
if you think you're entitled to run the instruments without reaktor, and see yourself cracking only out of necessity... well wouldn't it make sense to buy yourself the reaktor version of the instruments and then use your cracked standalone version instead ?
I still don't really get this, anyway, as I stated in my first post I don't want to get cracked software, these times are now waaaay behind me ;)

fact is that I can't get reaktor for 79, this sale is out.

another thing is just that I JUST WANT METAPHYSICAL FUNCTION (and perhaps 1 or 2 other goodies of EI2), and having a standalone version of it seemed interesting to me,

THANKS FOR YOUR PM Dum, but its usa only it seems...

thanks to both of you

I'll check further

and yes, getting reaktor seems the way...

cheers

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:26 pm

re: standalone

Reaktor Session allowed you to just play ensembles, not modify them under the hood.. but Session has been discontinued.. ..
So yes you can still buy EI2 and use it with Reaktor Session, granted you have a license for Session..
You could buy Session 2nd hand but I doubt it still runs on any modern OS..

an alternative route; Kore.. this pack contains Metaphysical Function..
http://www.native-instruments.com:80/#/ ... ?page=1258

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:59 pm

There was some wires crossed here.... my comments on used reaktor ensembles don't really have much to do with supamonsta's query... when he spoke of getting reaktor used I thought he was also hinting at getting the EI2 ensembles used. That's not what he was getting at though... Apologies for contributing to the mix up

EI2 XT is indeed a standalone version of the ensembles...

Anyway I PMd him a link to where I saw EI2 XT for sale.. free shipping in the usa but that doesn't necessarily rule out shipping to france (just not free)

For what it's worth though, I'd shop around for a used reaktor5 license first... it's lean on the cpu, and much simpler to use than you think.