live export video good.. WHATEVER! watch my demented YT vid!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Hidden Driveways

live export video good.. WHATEVER! watch my demented YT vid!

Post by Hidden Driveways » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:05 am

I tried exporting video out of Live in version 7.. and it looked like crap. I hadn't tried it in a long time, but in a pinch I tried it again tonight for the first time in a long time, and it actually produced a decent looking picture. See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md09KJabPEU
Last edited by Hidden Driveways on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pitch Black

Re: My first successful video export with Live

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:29 am

I hear ya. I don't know if anything changed between 7 and 8, or if Quicktime and/or my Mac became more capable, but I've found the same thing. Lately I've been making graphic content from stills in Quartonian VSM and ScreenFlick, opening full HD1080 movies in Live and warping/editing them to music, then exporting full HD1080 back out of Live - its working perfectly! :D
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

distaudio

Post by distaudio » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:53 am

I'm flat out importing video into Live.

I haven't even got close to the exporting part.

From what I can tell Live is pick on what type of .mov file you drag into it.

But maybe that is because I am on a PC?

eh.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:07 am

I just got to the part where the hand mouth has a cig in his mouth. I mean where the hand mouth has a cig in it's hand mouth that's a hand that is spose to be a mouth. :lol: :lol: :lol:

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:18 am

That's the funniest thing I ever saw. People must of been hysterical in the class just over the fact that you where in a class called Interpersonal Communication and the video is called The interpersonal person. :lol:

luddy

Post by luddy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:57 am

Yeah, I just exported some video with audio out of Live (on a mac), smooth as silk. Live is a really nice environment for spotting to film in some ways. If you hold a MIDI note down in the piano roll and move it left and right, the video playhead jumps to the position of the note-on. That's perfect for lining up stuff to the picture. It works on entire clips in the arrangement also. Good stuff.

-Luddy

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:05 pm

liveISlife wrote:That's the funniest thing I ever saw. People must of been hysterical in the class just over the fact that you where in a class called Interpersonal Communication and the video is called The interpersonal person. :lol:
Thanks man! I'm so glad I finally got around digitizing that old VHS tape!

People in the class laughed at key points. The biggest laugh was when the Interpersonal Person flicked the rubber finger puppet out of the frame. If I remember correctly, I believe the professor's name was Ms. Ogden, so people got a kick out of the fact that I named the female character after her.

One thing to keep in mind when watching the video is that I was operating the camera and doing the voice of the Interpersonal Person at the same time, while my friend Anthony "operated" the Interpersonal Person on screen. He had no idea what I was going to say, and did his best to "lip sync," for lack of a better term. "Thumb sync?"

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Okay HD! You just weirded me out. :lol: That's some funny shyt man.
Terrence Lennon

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:58 pm

looks good!

I've still been trying to figure out the settings to obtain the best looking exports

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:44 am

tlennon wrote: :lol: That's some funny shyt man.
Thanks dude!

mikemc

Re: live export video good.. WHATEVER! watch my demented YT vid!

Post by mikemc » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:56 pm

"I just play every once in a while... I'm not professional or anything" was the lol for me.

I got scared when Richard wanted to see what was under her shirt, i thought she was going to taze him-- then I remembered this was in the 1990's.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.