WTB : NI Electronic instruments 2 XT

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
abluesky

Re: WTB : NI Electronic instruments 2 XT

Post by abluesky » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:20 pm

Bro, it seems to you can buy NI EI2XT standalone at samash for 99 bucks.

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... -N129010XX

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:26 pm

does anyone know of a tutorial for metaphysical function?

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:27 pm

thanks to all of you,

I thought of getting Reaktor 5 some times ago, but I realised I had no tme to really get into such a vast and complex software, apart from using already made ensembles

the standalone XT version of EI2, then, was something interesting for me. Sad it is discontinued.

anyway, I may buy reaktor 5 one day, if I find a cheap deal, but I'll have to pay more $$ to get metaphysical function.

it also would allow me to have access to +11000 ensembles that seem to be shared by reaktor users anyway...
it's lean on the cpu, and much simpler to use than you think.
well, I once downloaded and tried the demo version of reaktor 5, and was absolutely lost... A friend has EI2XT on his PC, and it was really much more direct use, just grab, say, metaphysical function (lol), from the VST folder into a live track and its just a metaphysical function VST, without all the reaktor window and menus and configuration

simple as that, in fact, I first asked him wow, what"s this plug, and was then really sad to find it was now only available INTO reaktor...

Thanks again

I'll bump the thread some times, if one day someone here has it to sell as only licence

I'll also contact the guy in the link you PMed me Dum, thanks

cheers

EDIT : Abluesky :
This Item is Not Available
I have googled a lot for EI2XT last days, and could not find NO shop selling it. allways 'discontinued" or "not available"...

thanks anyway

abluesky

Post by abluesky » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:31 pm

Bro, I've just started getting into programming Reaktor myself. BUT it is dead easy to just load an ensemble and be good to go. Reaktor is one of the best purchases I've made simply for this. In the User Library there is an ensemble that reproduces EVERY module from the Nord Modular G2. There are some amazing effects. It's well worth it.

And if you want to start programing, you can download tons of tutorials.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:46 am

supamonsta wrote: anyway, I may buy reaktor 5 one day, if I find a cheap deal, but I'll have to pay more $$ to get metaphysical function...
Hey monsta, I got EI 2XT back in early 2005. It does run in a dedicated Reaktor shell that was somewhere between R4 and R5 in development. I have a legit copy that I would give to you but I think I still need to keep the license open because I run those ensembles in Reaktor 5 now.
But if your primary interest is in Metaphysical Function then I do remember that they gave away a free copy of just that ensemble in one of those glossy UK mags. Either Computer Music or Music Tech or maybe it was Future Music, I don't remember. You might still be able to order a back copy of the issue if you find it. In fact I vaguely remember that they gave away the Limelite ensemble too, in one of those mags. That still is a badass rompler.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

dinaiz

Post by dinaiz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:43 am

abluesky wrote:And if you want to start programing, you can download tons of tutorials.
Talking about that, do you have a good source for tutorials (preferably free) ? On google, I found tons of tutorials for creating a basic virtual analog synth or a filter, but not much beyond that :(

Anubis wrote:I run those ensembles in Reaktor 5 now.
Given that you own R5, is it possible to download these ensembles somewhere ?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:10 am

KVR Marketplace.
I wouldn't want to buy the stand alone version of EI 2 XT, who the hell knows if it will work in Snow Leopard? My guess is probably not.
Anyway, old code is going to die on you at some point, get reactor and play with the freaking ton of similar granular algorithmic granular tone generators in the library until you find someone selling EI2 for cheap! win/win! 8) I've seen Reactor go for as little as $75.

Also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Native-Instruments- ... 500wt_1154

US only mentioned, but I bet he would fly with it if you linked your post count here!
Only thing good about being a forum whore!

Do I gots to do everythings for youz! :P

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:55 am

Do I gots to do everythings for youz!
yes please :D

naaaa

thanks again,

I'll contact the ebay guy, but the questions about compatibility with leopard and snow leopard are now up in my mind..

I'm on leopard 10.5.8 and probably updating to SL one day...

Discontinued hardware is great, you still can use your old synths in 15 years, but discontinued software indeed suck for that

I don't know If NI still release updates for EI2XT....

I should ask them

thanks again mates

I'll probably get reaktor one day :mrgreen:

madlab

Post by madlab » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Anubis wrote:
supamonsta wrote: anyway, I may buy reaktor 5 one day, if I find a cheap deal, but I'll have to pay more $$ to get metaphysical function...
But if your primary interest is in Metaphysical Function then I do remember that they gave away a free copy of just that ensemble in one of those glossy UK mags. Either Computer Music or Music Tech or maybe it was Future Music, I don't remember. You might still be able to order a back copy of the issue if you find it. In fact I vaguely remember that they gave away the Limelite ensemble too, in one of those mags. That still is a badass rompler.
I've tried to install the free version of M Function on a macbook pro under 10.5.4 and it doesn't work. There was also a deal in France with a magazine, can't remember which one.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

abluesky

Post by abluesky » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:36 pm

I believe the standalone plugs are not universal binary. But I could be wrong.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:01 pm

This thread is confusing.

But,

I agree with the general advice that trying to run an old, out-of-print standalone version of this is a BAD IDEA. I'd be very doubtful that it's going to work on current OS systems.

Besides, owning Reaktor5 is one of the greatest moves you could make anyway. I often flirt with the idea of recording a whole album (or at least an EP) using just Ableton Live Suite + Reaktor5. That combo is beyond deep...

EIC2 is awesome. Limelite is great, though looking a bit old+dated these days, but it's still great fun to use; but PHOTONE is the real prize.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:38 pm

thanks to all for the feedback

getting the reaktor 5 route seems indeed the only intelligent way...

cheers

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:08 pm

supamonsta wrote:Hi,

desperately searching for a legit copy of Electronic instruments 2 XT to buy...

(standalone version, not needing reaktor)

anyone?

any idea, link??

cheers
now would be a good moment to buy a 2nd hand copy of Reaktor 5 and get both EI1 & EI2 for free.. :wink:

Kenny Spoelman

Post by Kenny Spoelman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:57 am

If you have Reaktor 5 you can download the public beta version of Reaktor 5.5, which now has Electronic Instruments I & II included by default.

Edit: Sorry, missed the 'standalone' part... I shouldn't post this early in the morning ;)

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:10 pm

hi,

no problem, thanks for your advice, reaktor 5.5 seeems cool, but I'm for now taking a break from music production, soon buying a PS3 to kill zombies and tekkkkkken with the girlfriend :mrgreen:

thanks & cheers