re: virus ti2 and live 8 not communicating

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ninurta

re: virus ti2 and live 8 not communicating

Post by ninurta » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:05 am

i sense a seizure coming on so any help would be appreciated.. I am receiving a rather wretched message every time i place the virus ti plug in on a track in ableton stating........." a communication error has occurred ...and " The virus ti does not respond to request messages or the data is corrupt... now, i have reinstalled the firmware for virus ti (4.0.5) and restarted live 8 and my mac pro as well , to no avail this message pops up and everything is completely out of sync in terms of the ti... ej; arps efx, and so forth.. I have called access (3 days to get them of course) and there are no reported such cases of error messages of the sort, so they directed me to my trusted ableton to diagnose the problem..I cant bare another seizure looking at this message so hopefully the ableton gods and demi-gods will provide me with a solution lest i rot looking at this message!

Neurojazz

Re: re: virus ti2 and live 8 not communicating

Post by Neurojazz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:24 am

Access are lying. Masses of users have reported many problems with their units.

A quick google session will dig up enough forum posts across the net to show people going mental over this.

Several users including myself have had multiple units (3 at last count) - to see if it's faulty hardware.

For some mad reason they use USB and cannot write some code to keep this beast under control...

Losing sync, timing and tuning problems also plague it.

It made me laugh when one lot of patch notes said 'timing issues fixed', connected the unit / patched etc... and problems still there.

Eventually a kind person in Digital Village put me out of my misery and told me that Access said that it was a DSP issue where resources would interfere with the driver... ergo, connect anything like a Firewire soundcard or Duende, powercore etc.... and the Virus would flip....

Eventually to save my sanity i sent the final one back to where it came from - before i sent it out the window and swapped it for a UAD card ;) best more i ever made lol.

Drove me insane it did.
http://www.cloudkillers.com - Free SoundCloud promotions!

fracturetrey

Re: re: virus ti2 and live 8 not communicating

Post by fracturetrey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:49 am

Check this post where another user and I are having identical issues:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=158355

Shesh was able to test in Garage Band and says it works without issue. As such, I feel it would still be appropriate and quite useful for the Ableton team to comment on this issue and/or for them to have a chat with the Access engineering or support staff to see if they can get a better idea what's going on.