Any news on share?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
IG88

Re: Any news on share?

Post by IG88 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 pm

I too have been heavily anticipating the share feature.. In the meantime in really helps to just route all midi into audio and send the session after turning off and shrinking the midi tracks. That way when they get the session there is no problem with samples getting lost, its a nice way to see the song structure and your midi tracks are right there to just turn back on.

housemusiclover

Post by housemusiclover » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:37 pm

bump

Tympanic

Post by Tympanic » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:22 am

@ IG88

hint: freeze all "midi" instrument tracks, double them, fix as audio. could be a faster workflow than routing them to seperate audio tracks.

cheers
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

>v< - that´s the question today

...the work of production is reduction...

some music

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:10 pm

Migra wrote:See it on Live 9 would be awesome, and more awesome if we see Live 9 in late 2010 or early 2011 but please not later than Q3 2011!
:roll:
id rather see share as a feature for live 8 as it was announced as a feature for live 8. i really dont fancy paying a hefty upgrade price for something that i already paid for and was hoping to work with, which then simply just disappeared as a feature.

do we seriously need to buy max for live and make our own share feature to get a feature they already announced?
-.-

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:25 pm

friend_kami wrote:do we seriously need to buy max for live and make our own share feature to get a feature they already announced?
-.-
Ehm no. What would you do? Make an ftp client inside Live?

Share was flawed. You couldn't preview tracks and the whole tree-like versioning system only worked on a small scale. Then there is Soundcloud, pretty much the Youtube of music right now.
Ableton hasn't even ended their current Quality phase. So the answer to when to expect more news probably is: as soon as people start calling Live 8 stable.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:35 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
friend_kami wrote:do we seriously need to buy max for live and make our own share feature to get a feature they already announced?
-.-

Share was flawed. You couldn't preview tracks and the whole tree-like versioning system only worked on a small scale. Then there is Soundcloud, pretty much the Youtube of music right now.
Ableton hasn't even ended their current Quality phase. So the answer to when to expect more news probably is: as soon as people start calling Live 8 stable.
uff, does that mean we have to wait forever?
*** Image GAFM ***

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:47 pm

SubFunk wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:
-.-

uff, does that mean we have to wait forever?
The show aint over till the fat lady sings. NAMM came and went... Assuming Live 9 is announced on Messe, share should arrive between now and then. I'd think much more people would get angry if they focused on Share now and called Live stable.
Still, its their show. Call me an optimist, but if they pulled the plug on something people seem to miss, it must mean they got something cooler in mind. People may still not have what they paid for, but ultimately Share is/was/will be a Live 8 feature. Maybe they'll get more.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:49 pm

i hope so...!
*** Image GAFM ***

auto-lock

Post by auto-lock » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:35 pm

actually what i think is unfair is that i upgraded to 8 for share and now its not even listed as a feature anymore. makes me feel like i was cheated. but i know ableton and what happened so i hope they will make the best out of things

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:43 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
-.-

well. consider this: http://www.nullmedium.de/dev/flashserver/
:)
i wasnt serious with that claim anyways but it seems right now that to get features we want we have to make them with ourselfes with m4l. im jsut a little annoyed that they announced share as one of its major features for v8 and still we have no share. i was in the beta and all that and although it was, as you say, flawed, i am still looking forward to it to this day, but its a featuer that it feels like it will never come. sad, cause we paid for it.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:02 am

Edit: Nevermind...

Soma

Post by Soma » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 am

I haven't followed what is going on with Share but have been patiently waiting for a host to harness the social energy going around right now and see if remote collaboration really can be convenient.
FL tried. I think Cubase tried at some point?? Ohm looks like they have a plan.
Share? What's going on? I was sure it would be a long wait and have some issues, when it was only beta when Live 8 came out, but I thought it would be like 3-4 months.

In my experience, Buzz was the best for sharing projects. Because the instruments were all free and people were using relatively small samples (<200 MB) it was/is soooooo easy to share songs. For this reason (no pun intended) I think Propellerheads might have a pretty good platform for such collaborations too.

IG88

Post by IG88 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:25 am

Tympanic wrote:@ IG88

hint: freeze all "midi" instrument tracks, double them, fix as audio. could be a faster workflow than routing them to seperate audio tracks.

cheers
Thanks for the tip! That is much faster

Tympanic

Post by Tympanic » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:32 am

i would like to have session automation instead of share with the 8.5 update! :-)
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

>v< - that´s the question today

...the work of production is reduction...

some music

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Tympanic wrote:i would like to have session automation instead of share with the 8.5 update! :-)
midi recording to session you mean?
iac driver/midi yoke, remote input enable.
hit record.
done.
simplest workaround ever.

how would you work around share?
id rather have share before any new features (after stability, ofcourse) because share and looper was the major selling points for me and share isnt even a feature for 8 anymore. as someone else said, i too feel somewhat cheated.