I agree with Deadmau5 a bit more each passing day...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
smutek

Re: I agree with Deadmau5 a bit more each passing day...

Post by smutek » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:18 pm

8O

That's a good deal.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:42 pm

smutek wrote:I was considering going with a Traktor Pro educational license, they're available for $150 US - you might check into a local option of the same.

Fully functional, just non-transferable as I understand it.
Yeah. Edu licenses from NI (and pretty much anyone) mean that once you buy it, you're stuck with it 4 lyfe, son! :lol:

I bought my Traktor Scratch Pro package on Edu discount. Way cheaper than retail. I'm happy, so no regrets.

Anyways, I'm thinking of getting this thing to control Traktor, for whenever hooking up the scratch thing is too much of a pain in the ass or even impossible... which is ridiculous, yet turns out to happen more often than not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1TtDsErCGg

For $150, not half bad. Time to piss off some purists :lol:

Bee Dub

Post by Bee Dub » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:20 pm

nebulae wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
nebulae wrote:But I'm not one to talk...I'm entirely bored of DJ sets these days, so I'm overly critical or people playing other people's music.
i can even share that, i am usually bored myself there is only a very tiny few worldwide that really grab my attention.
I seriously LOL @ myself for paying $40 to see Paul Van Dyk six years ago in Denver. Paul's a nice guy, but come on man, up in the DJ booth, I had no idea what he was doing or what not. What came out in the speakers was like a good bangin' PVD album. Did I need to pay $40 for that?

And I get the argument that a lot of DJs do deep edits of the music. But these days, can you really tell when a DJ has really added something to a song, or was it just a snip here and cut there? I did a DJ set a couple of years ago where I did deep edits of songs and then I played live synth over my deep edits. The results had a ton of energy, and the mistakes made it human and real. IMHO, that was more of a hybrid performance, and that's what I'd really like to see DJs doing with Live. The beatmatching is a been-there-done-that. Even adding effects like filter sweeps is a *yawn*. What we need now is to see something more. If you play other people's music, you gotto somehow make it a performance beyond just editing and filtering and beatmatching.

I'll gladly pay $40 to see any of you stupid mother fuckers pay a set of your own music. And if your Mac crashes in the middle of the set, I'll buy you a drink while it's rebooting.

so well said bro, LIVE music can be incorporated on top of pre built songs, only adds more. we have hybrid electronic jam bands all over america, bands that run ableton with midi controllers + real synths, unreal live shows.

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:24 pm

You trying to get the party started, or you trying to prove to the world how smrt u r?