New ambient/drone track

Share your tracks with other users.
FORMAT

New ambient/drone track

Post by FORMAT » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:54 pm

.... and this one was made in Live 8, for a change!

I would love to hear any comments, as always.

Here it is: http://soundcloud.com/encym/zelgmt

T-Train

Re: New ambient/drone track

Post by T-Train » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Great work dude! Listening to that was like an audio massage. Very thought provoking for me, very inspiring. Those single string guitar swells sounded beautiful. That was probably my favorite part about it. It puts the image of a huge open field in the country somewhere over the course of a nice sunny day into my head. Really diggin' it and again, great work.

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:48 am

I agree with T-Train. This is a definite sleeper or music for transcendental meditation. You have blessed us with 2 good tracks in 1 week. WOW! Thanks again Format!
Terrence Lennon

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:14 am

Thank you very much!

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Cheers, but anyone with critical comments is also welcome to chime in!
R.

Furland

Post by Furland » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Why expect critique when it's such a personal experience :-) I really enjoyed it, and as such I can't put a finger on anything bad as it is! To me it sounds like you have put your own mood and feelings into this, and that's what makes it a very individual listening experience. I'm just chiming in to the others with a solid Thumbs Up! You've proven Live 8 can do something right ;-)

As a final note, and actually not meant to spam your thread, but just show some sort of appreciation of your talent, I just want to point you towards another Soundcloud artist I deeply admire, who's in the same dubby/glitchy territory area as your sound,
http://soundcloud.com/spejderrobot/tracks
It's a Danish guy who released his latest LP in May entitled (translated from danish) "The man with the invisible hands" which is an ironic remark to the fact that he actually has none! being disabled!
Tre tracks on his "cloud" are remix previews but the album correctly titled "Manden med de usynlige haender" is available on iTunes and others. His "commercial" for the album can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbrfJAHjnhs

Again if this is perceived as spam, tell me and I'll remove these bits, but it's more a cadeux to your music!

Thanx for the experience!
/Tom

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:37 am

Furland wrote:Why expect critique when it's such a personal experience :-) I really enjoyed it, and as such I can't put a finger on anything bad as it is! To me it sounds like you have put your own mood and feelings into this, and that's what makes it a very individual listening experience. I'm just chiming in to the others with a solid Thumbs Up! You've proven Live 8 can do something right ;-)

As a final note, and actually not meant to spam your thread, but just show some sort of appreciation of your talent, I just want to point you towards another Soundcloud artist I deeply admire, who's in the same dubby/glitchy territory area as your sound,
http://soundcloud.com/spejderrobot/tracks
It's a Danish guy who released his latest LP in May entitled (translated from danish) "The man with the invisible hands" which is an ironic remark to the fact that he actually has none! being disabled!
Tre tracks on his "cloud" are remix previews but the album correctly titled "Manden med de usynlige haender" is available on iTunes and others. His "commercial" for the album can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbrfJAHjnhs

Again if this is perceived as spam, tell me and I'll remove these bits, but it's more a cadeux to your music!

Thanx for the experience!
/Tom
No problem at all, thanks he's doing grreat stuff!

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:06 pm

Great to know that you like it!

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Not sure if it was my headphone system being up too loud but it came over as if it was overloading a little bit too much..

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Jarvisimon wrote:Not sure if it was my headphone system being up too loud but it came over as if it was overloading a little bit too much..
Really? Could you tell me where in the track? Or did you have noise problems throughout?
Very important, that.....

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:19 am

just changed headphones and still seems overloaded in all places except where the bass frequencies fade out (which happens intermittently throughout the track - I take it that is intentional).

It's odd as by looking at the waveform, it's clearly not overloading but I'm not having the same problem listening to my material.

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:08 am

Jarvisimon wrote:just changed headphones and still seems overloaded in all places except where the bass frequencies fade out (which happens intermittently throughout the track - I take it that is intentional).

It's odd as by looking at the waveform, it's clearly not overloading but I'm not having the same problem listening to my material.

Thanks very very much indeed for checking, checking again, and letting me know. I'll listen to it on another system as I've not heard anything except the grunginess of the guitars, coming through Guitar Rig.

jonsloan

Post by jonsloan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:40 am

Really enjoyed that. Flowed well and sat smoothly in my headphones. The only thing I'd say is that it ends too suddenly. Not keen on tracks that just cut off but, as always, that's just personal taste.
http://soundcloud.com/block-punch

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:29 pm

jonsloan wrote:Really enjoyed that. Flowed well and sat smoothly in my headphones. The only thing I'd say is that it ends too suddenly. Not keen on tracks that just cut off but, as always, that's just personal taste.
Thanks a lot! Yes, I tend to end stuff suddenly, not wanting to get too long-winded and boring.

Out of interest, do you notice overloading/distortion anywhere in the track on your system, as Jarvisimon did?

jonsloan

Post by jonsloan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Didn't notice any distortion. Played it from my 2.87GHz Intel Macbook Pro. No added interface. Standard minijack audio lineout to Sennheiser bud phones.
http://soundcloud.com/block-punch