Please recommend a hardware synth

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rave

Please recommend a hardware synth

Post by Rave » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:01 pm

As I will hook a midi guitar directly into it would some one be so kind to recommend a decent hardware synth module. I am prepared to pay up to 2k euros. I am not looking for a Tarnce machine.

Edit: for those that dont know me: I produce deep techy house music. My midi guitar is attached to an axon 50 so I can plug it directly into a synth.

Thanks
Last edited by Rave on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Re: Please recommend a hardware synth

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:04 pm

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:12 pm

DA DA DA ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSwJ2rjUSdc
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Territan

Post by Territan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:03 am

Rave wrote:As I will hook a midi guitar directly into it would some one be so kind to recommend a decent hardware synth module. I am prepared to pay up to 2k euros. I am not looking for a Tarnce machine.

Thanks
Right, joking aside, please tell us a little more about what you're looking for beside the kind of music you're not going to make with it.

The first two synthmakers that come to mind are Moog and Access. Checking my bookmarks, Novation, the company that makes the Launchpad that plays so nicely with Ableton, also makes two hardware synth modules. Buchla & Associates, Percussa's Audiocubes and Reactable seem more like novelties or experiments than actual synths, unless they're going to be used at an art installation of some sort.

Korg makes quite a few synths as well, and Roland and Yamaha make workstations that have loads of synth capability, and a price tag to chew through your budget in one bite.

So, we know what you're not looking for. Give us some means of positive identification.
———
(MBP3.1GHz, 16GbRAM, 2TbHD 40% full, Live10suite, Komplete9—much upgraded from 2006. Still zero talent, though. Not a lick.)

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:50 am

@Tone and @Leeds - I am rolling on the floor laughing.... literally! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Terrence Lennon

ark

Post by ark » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:18 am

If you're going to connect a MIDI guitar to it, I would expect you'll want a synth that accepts input from a MIDI guitar's divided pickup, which limits your choice somewhat. The first place I'd look would be the Roland VG-xx modules, though I'm sure there are others.

Rave

Post by Rave » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:08 am

ark wrote:If you're going to connect a MIDI guitar to it, I would expect you'll want a synth that accepts input from a MIDI guitar's divided pickup, which limits your choice somewhat. The first place I'd look would be the Roland VG-xx modules, though I'm sure there are others.
Thanks man I have an Axon 50 interface. Cheers

@teritan, thanks for the info I have updated my opening post. :D