Features you would like to see in Ableton 9?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SubFunk

Re: Features you would like to see in Ableton 9?

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:47 pm

ze2be wrote:Fellas, can we please stick to topic? All this noise disturbers the message to Ableton.
what message? to stick more nonsense into it and making it even more unusable, instead of fixing the long, long, long overdue shit?

i am impressed, great message that is, really.
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:55 pm

and btw, i am not against new functions as such, but NOT before the old bugs and problems are ironed out a damn 100%
and that as i said already, extremely quickly and then offer a massive open apology! to all the users in form of some big fat extra package for free.

it becomes a bad joke! ridiculous, really.

fucking fix it now!
*** Image GAFM ***

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:57 pm

SubFunk wrote:and btw, i am not against new functions as such, but NOT before the old bugs and problems are ironed out a damn 100%
and that as i said already, extremely quickly and then offer a massive open apology! to all the users in form of some big fat extra package for free.

fucking fix it now!
Which of your bugs did they miss for 8.1.4?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:58 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
SubFunk wrote:and btw, i am not against new functions as such, but NOT before the old bugs and problems are ironed out a damn 100%

fucking fix it now!
ask amaury he can give you a list.

i am tired of sending bug reports in... my carshlog folder bursts that overfilled it is...

i need to spend my time using the program not reporting it.
Last edited by SubFunk on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

Poster

Post by Poster » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:59 pm

fucking fix it now!
how's 8.1.4 treating you?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Poster wrote:

fucking fix it now!
how's 8.1.4 treating you?
same as 8.1.3 so far... no difference at all, well at least not in some previous cases it got worse, what a luck.
*** Image GAFM ***

Post by 4.33 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm

I wish they implemented a "Create measure from time selection" function, similar to how it's in Reaper.

what this gives you is that you can come up with any pattern regardless of master tempo, then you hit "detect tempo" and bam - your Master tempo matches the tempo of your pattern.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:10 pm

SubFunk wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:

fucking fix it now!
ask amaury he can give you a list.
Well gee thanks. I don't get why the people who live closest to Ableton are the ones who refuse help the most. Why have a discussion on outstanding issues if you can curse and rant instead?
Suit yourself man. Be pissed.. See how far it gets you. Been working swell so far.

If you come to your senses.. Maybe have a more open discussion about the issues you're facing. Others may be able to help track them down, reproduce them or file a bug report that is useful.
Sending in bug reports is good and all, but loads of bugreports from various systems and users are even better.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:16 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Well gee thanks. I don't get why the people who live closest to Ableton are the ones who refuse help the most. Why have a discussion on outstanding issues if you can curse and rant instead?
Suit yourself man. Be pissed.. See how far it gets you. Been working swell so far.

If you come to your senses.. Maybe have a more open discussion about the issues you're facing. Others may be able to help track them down, reproduce them or file a bug report that is useful.
Sending in bug reports is good and all, but loads of bugreports from various systems and users are even better.
ohhh, i see mr. big f-nk mouth, what do you really know??? he?

if i would start to open my mouth, damn, but i don't at least not open in the forum, i still have to much integrity, enough said, and i am pissed off, yes...

well, bye bye... back to work, need to finish a remix for a UK label, i need to fill my fridge and pay my rent you know?, the abes don't pay for the testing.

they supply a very expensive yet still not proper functioning product instead.

GREED!
*** Image GAFM ***

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:39 pm

SubFunk wrote:
ze2be wrote:Fellas, can we please stick to topic? All this noise disturbers the message to Ableton.
what message? to stick more nonsense into it and making it even more unusable, instead of fixing the long, long, long overdue shit?

Dude, if you read my post before this one, thats exactly what I said. :) But these rants that, for instance 3phaze have been pulling lately, I don't read much of it. :wink:

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:46 pm

SubFunk wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Well gee thanks. I don't get why the people who live closest to Ableton are the ones who refuse help the most. Why have a discussion on outstanding issues if you can curse and rant instead?

ohhh, i see mr. big f-nk mouth, what do you really know??? he?

if i would start to open my mouth, damn, but i don't at least not open in the forum, i still have to much integrity, enough said, and i am pissed off, yes...

well, bye bye... back to work, need to finish a remix for a UK label, i need to fill my fridge and pay my rent you know?, the abes don't pay for the testing.

they supply a very expensive yet still not proper functioning product instead.

GREED!
Yeah, the point of my post was to let you help others test for you. But whatever.

What do I really know? Good question.
I know the bugs I reported got fixed and as a result I'm having a pretty hard time crashing Live. But I know there are still ways to crash it. Add a little OCD to the mix and you can see why I want Live to be stable.

I also know that my method of dealing with bugs doesn't cause the type of stress that would make any person as bitter as some people seem to be around here.
But you paid for your right to be bitter and angry, so by all means continue what you're doing. If you think you're getting your money's worth by yelling at the people who are trying to help you, so be it.

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:48 pm

A tuner plugin!!!

Just sat here playing my bass DI'd into my soundcard. Got ome inspiration, but it's a bit out of tune. Do I want to go and plug in all the bass rig and rack tuner. Nope. Tuner please. Especially if it's really accurate so I can do the intonation of guitars and basses on it!
Live relevant things: Suite 12, MacBook M1 Max, RME UFX II (kext drivers), Push 1

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:49 pm

PM send.
*** Image GAFM ***

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:58 pm

SubFunk wrote:

+1
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:27 pm

To go along with the 8 macro knobs, I'd like to see 8 macro buttons, OR 16 macros..
I could see the next APC40 (apc80? lol) having device control with 8 knob/push-button combos.. so that you can toggle an effect and tweak a parameter with just the one knob.

Nested groups.

APC40 and Launchpad on completely different MIDI channels and everything so that they work together properly when doing custom mappings.

I'll think of others.