Buying Core i7 macbook.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bizon

Re: Buying Core i7 macbook.

Post by Bizon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:45 pm

leedsquietman wrote: Should I get personal with you and guess you are homosexual and wear turtle neck sweaters since you embraced Mac ? I couldn't care less either way ...
Nice one Sir!. Funniest shit I have read on here in a while.

Almost as good as "Making trance music is like banging fat chicks. It is only fun until your friends find out" or something like that.

jasonjbundy

Post by jasonjbundy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 pm

"Blinkered mac fanboy" isn't an insult? And you are stereotyping Mac users. I am gay however and hate those pesky turtlenecks...they get in the way of a good swallow.

And how am I getting personal when YOU post YOUR computer specs here? And you are the one with the inside Apple information as to when the quad core i7's for Mac coming. You made it personal, you just don't like it when someone calls you out on it.

And this thread has become an annoying Mac vs. PC debate which wasn't the point and completely unhelpful to the original post.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:14 pm

I see this conversation has reached new heights... :?

I'm out.

jasonjbundy

Post by jasonjbundy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 pm

+1
3dot... wrote:I see this conversation has reached new heights... :?

I'm out.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:37 pm

@leedsquietman: Since you have so much foresight, why didn't YOU wait until the quad core systems appeared on your precious plastic Windoze machines?
how is this not personal ?

I never claimed to know when Apple are bringing quad core i7s to MBP, only that it shouldn't be too long (they usually compete well with PC manufacturers), and that the Imac already has this technology. Twist this any way you want. I don't have anything against gay people or turtle neck sweaters.

Enough of this thread for me - you make one suggestion (basically hold on a while) and people get into personal insults. I thought people participating on the forum were more tolerant, understanding and intelligent than to try and gang rape someone for stating an alternative but objective opinion, but I should realize that some people just live for the trolling.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:13 am

just buy the same computer as Deadmau5

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:44 am

leedsquietman wrote: The HP Pavilion DV6T has a quad core i5 - 520M 2.4 processor and is available with win 7 and 6GB ram for $1100 (customized from the base $800 model) and you can get complete care including accidental damage and spillages for $179 for 2 years. It has firewire too (albeit the weaker ricoh chipset).

I googled this in 5 seconds. There are options.
the i5 is dual-core.

personally if i have to choose between running a ridiculous number of tracks and plugs or having decent battery life on a laptop, i'll go with better battery life.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:10 pm

fishmonkey wrote:
leedsquietman wrote: The HP Pavilion DV6T has a quad core i5 - 520M 2.4 processor
the i5 is dual-core.
:lol: @ leedsquietman!
This is why people got all bent in this thread, you argue with false or misleading information after throwing the first insult when people gave your their reasons for not waiting.
leedsquietman wrote:Of course, I wouldn't expect some blinkered fanboy to acknowledge their machine is under powered and to advocate a little patience - the quad cores and six cores etc will be coming,

So cut with the whole being picked on routine, you started bad mouthing people in this thread first, period.
Your quote where you were 'maliciously attacked for being a windows user' came after you started calling people blinkered fanboys.
Seriously, stick with being relatively reasonable, when you try to tough up your posts it just doesn't work like it does for loopstation or dum, just a suggestion.

solitarypartygroover

Post by solitarypartygroover » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Great thread, keep it up.

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:05 pm

leedsquietman wrote:The Imac already has a quad core 2.8 i7 processor option available and a 2.66 i5 quad core option. The Imac uses laptop architecture, so you wonder how long it will be for a quad core to come to a MBP.
No, it's a desktop processor in the iMac. That's why no laptops other than ones using desktop processors have them either. They all max about 1.7GHz for PROPER laptop quad cores.
Live relevant things: Suite 12, MacBook M1 Max, RME UFX II (kext drivers), Push 1

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 pm

fishmonkey wrote: personally if i have to choose between running a ridiculous number of tracks and plugs or having decent battery life on a laptop, i'll go with better battery life.
I think I've used my battery a total of 3 times since I bought my laptop a year ago. Do you play a lot of shows where you don't have power?
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:06 pm

leedsquietman wrote:
The HP Pavilion DV6T has a quad core i5 - 520M 2.4 processor and is available with win 7 and 6GB ram for $1100 ....

I googled this in 5 seconds. There are options.
Wrong. Sorry! Give me a link if it's really true! That's the turbo boost speed as far as google told me, and it's only 1.6GHz per core if using it multicore (which you would using ableton). I'd like to be wrong, but as said above, there is no such quad-core notebook processor running at that speed. Lots of marketing people are c**ts and tell you the turbo boost max speed when only using a single core! Don't fall for it!
Live relevant things: Suite 12, MacBook M1 Max, RME UFX II (kext drivers), Push 1

commuter

Post by commuter » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Wrong. Sorry! Give me a link if it's really true! That's the turbo boost speed as far as google told me, and it's only 1.6GHz per core if using it multicore (which you would using ableton). I'd like to be wrong, but as said above, there is no such quad-core notebook processor running at that speed. Lots of marketing people are c**ts and tell you the turbo boost max speed when only using a single core! Don't fall for it!
+1

And these Quadcore I7 are known to overheat a lot (i've seen HP, DELL and TOSHIBA with these CPU and it's really annoying how noisy they are when working intensively in LIVE), and this issue make really noisy Laptop, and i'm sure that's the reason why Apple didn't put them in their macbook pro.
Apple are known to make very silent laptop and i'm sure they don't want to compromise on that..
15" Macbook Pro 2,3 quadcore I7 2012/8gb ram/240gb SSD/ LIVE 9.06/OSX 10.8.5, NI Komplete audio 6
https://www.facebook.com/commuterofficial
http://soundcloud.com/commuter

solitarypartygroover

Post by solitarypartygroover » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:13 am

commuter wrote:
+1

And these Quadcore I7 are known to overheat a lot (i've seen HP, DELL and TOSHIBA with these CPU and it's really annoying how noisy they are when working intensively in LIVE), and this issue make really noisy Laptop, and i'm sure that's the reason why Apple didn't put them in their macbook pro.
Apple are known to make very silent laptop and i'm sure they don't want to compromise on that..
This is a good point. My Dell i7 laptop, when I was installing Ableton on it, was actually rather noisy. Since then however, it's been reasonably quiet, especially since I use a laptop cooler. This mostly overrides the need for the inbuilt fans to switch on, at least at the fastest/noisiest levels.