Everybody take a look at my lovely country...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

Angstrom

Re: Everybody take a look at my lovely country...

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:59 pm

You guys have still got the old magic eh?

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:02 pm

looks like it

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:07 pm

the old magic never left

Gotta love the reporting here and how it's dissident republicans stoking the violence... and not the orange order marching through nationalist areas.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Not a religious thing though eh? :wink:

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:53 pm

UKRuss wrote:Not a religious thing though eh? :wink:
certainly not.

Of course, the first thing you see when you scour the international press for reports is who refers to the rioters as catholics and who refers to them as nationalists or republicans.

And anything you notice in doing so is entirely coincidental and there are absolutely no connections to be made. None. You'd be a fool & a madman to think otherwise.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:03 pm

I mainly like to imagine foreign tourists over there for the golf, getting suckered in by this sort of thing:
wikipedia wrote:...More recently, attempts have been made to play down explicitly political aspects of the parades (as well as any violent history) and present the Twelfth as a "cultural" event, at which tourists are welcome
pmsl

The Leveller

Post by The Leveller » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:10 pm

We just get the 'Visit the Isle of Man' adverts instead of the 'Visit Northern Ireland' adverts...all gets swept under the carpet 'til next year.

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Angstrom wrote:I mainly like to imagine foreign tourists over there for the golf, getting suckered in by this sort of thing:
wikipedia wrote:...More recently, attempts have been made to play down explicitly political aspects of the parades (as well as any violent history) and present the Twelfth as a "cultural" event, at which tourists are welcome
pmsl

ya at face value that's kind of amusing, but the insidious thing about such spin is if you pass the parade off as a 'cultural' event, it's clearly the republicans who are insanely provocative, violent, anti-social, anti-'peace' .... behind closed doors the orange order would take great delight in some tourist getting bottled by a rioter. in public it would just be a feast of sanctimonious indignation.

not so long ago they attempted to stage a...ahem...'love ulster' parade in dublin.
ulster, as in loyalist ulster. an ulster replete with union jacks.

suffice to say it didn't take place.

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:25 pm

btw... some international readers might find it interesting to know that here in Ireland the union jack is often referred to as "the butcher's apron"

The perfect euphemism.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Whoa - Pretty intense stuff going on in those streets...Its making me me all hawt

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:41 am

Religion has very little to do with it - how many of these numpties on both sides do you think actually go to Church for spiritual enlightenment and/or confessionals and practise 'love thy neighbour'?

It's now merely a turf war by people, many of whom don't even know who William of Orange is, to defend their turf because that's what they've been doing for centuries. It's utterly pointless and ridiculous in 2010. Some of these brain donors involved can probably barely read a religious text, let alone understand one.

The lot of them need a smack upside the head and should realize that life has moved on since the 1600s.
Last edited by leedsquietman on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 am

I like how it's just straight facts and they don't try to sway your opinion by not providing any kind of background story whatsoever. Is this part of a nightly "and here's some people going ape shit" news segment they have over there?

dum

Post by dum » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:02 am

STOP THE PRESS!! News just in from the greater toronto area..

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:11 am

:mrgreen: love you too darling.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.