Reaktor 5.5 Public Beta !!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
esky

Re: Reaktor 5.5 Public Beta !!

Post by esky » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:54 pm

In vst use i cannot find the buttons to resize the frame to let the ensembles fit in...in 5.1.5 second row from the top on the right side. Where are they now...?
It's hidden as "auto optimze size mode". Well...

jasonjbundy

Post by jasonjbundy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:58 pm

It's really cool that NI have finally included EI 1 & 2. Especially the EI2 instruments, Metaphysical Function and the others are just awesome!

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Machinesworking wrote:I'm excited that they aren't charging for it.....
Shhhhhh! Don't give them any ideas. :mrgreen: :wink:
Terrence Lennon

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:07 pm

All the 'we want Reaktor6 now' griping goes right over my head.

I'm sure there are patchers itching for improvements or an evolution of what they're using... but all the gripers I encounter are just dime-a-dozen patch consumers who haven't even reached their limits yet.

Reaktor5 works as advertised for me, and it's been supported on all the OS's I use.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:25 pm

esky wrote:
In vst use i cannot find the buttons to resize the frame to let the ensembles fit in...in 5.1.5 second row from the top on the right side. Where are they now...?
Ah, lovely
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:30 pm

sparklepuff wrote:
esky wrote:
Ah, lovely
and double clicking the header folds the whole window.. :)

re.mark

Post by re.mark » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Poster wrote:Lazerbass.. 8O seriously.. 8O
DEFINATELY

New favourite synth????

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 pm

re.mark wrote:
DEFINATELY

New favourite synth????
sound quality is ace and that 'note off attack/release' mode is adding so much movement..

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Poster wrote: I hear what you say but 5+ years to come from R5 to R5.5 is just plain ridiculous..
What would you like to see in Reactor 6?
I'm curious because like dum said, I mainly consume ensembles and think the whole thing is brilliant.
My main gripe with software is adding features that I don't need coupled with maybe something I want every freaking year, so I have to upgrade all the time to get update level changes. As an example in my case the main thing in Live 8 that I want is Group Tracks and colored track headers, features other DAWs have had for years. These really shouldn't be paid upgrades, but hey it's their company.

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Poster wrote: I hear what you say but 5+ years to come from R5 to R5.5 is just plain ridiculous..
What would you like to see in Reactor 6?
do you have a minute?

changing properties of multiple, equal panel elements in one go (such as selecting 20 knobs and make them bigger)..
stacked macros that actually make sense to work with..
inserting new objects by typing a function into a blank/default object.. (type '+' will insert an 'add' module)..
connect wire to siblings and other batch wire-connect operations..
save table data with preset..
scalable vector based GUI that allows for complete user modification, including user fonts..
improved sample map workflow..
primary level FFT..
integrated windows instead of all floating around..
deleting an object doesn't close the properties window..
etc. etc..

Reaktor's workflow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63z7dFcg ... re=related

sure.. R5 is still great for many years to work with without hitting ceiling, but 5+ years of zero development..?
Imagine the Abes having a 5 year sabbatical from now on.. :|

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 pm

The only gripe I have is that Reaktor 6 will now likely be a few years into the future but seeing as I've not learnt the damned thing anyway, i'm sure I can live with it.

Funnily enough, i've just sold my copy of Electronic Instruments Volume 1 the other day, the buyer got it in the post this morning and has thanked me......Sorry mate, I didn't know!

Half-way through downloading....I wonder what the tutorials will be like?

I don't expect them to turn me into an instant Reaktor master over night but it would be good to understand it better than building someone elses version of a two oscillator basic synth.

This is such good news.

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Poster wrote:sure.. R5 is still great for many years to work with without hitting ceiling, but 5+ years of zero development..?
Imagine what it would be like if Ableton decided to go back to the yearly update schedule again?

It would be a mess and people would leave in droves.

Yeah five years is a long time and it's quite annoying that in those 5 yrs, NI have added and discontinued a number of products, (thinking Akoustic Piano's, Bandstand and possibly that delay effect thingy) when the effort could have gone in to other things, such as Reaktor. And yes, it's a pain that Reaktor 6 is probably not due for a couple more years at least, so unlikely you'll be getting your requests seen to any time soon, which i'll agree, can't be very encouraging for someone who's picked up some building skills but as a novice.....well, i'm pleased it's had something fresh breathed into it, even if it's not a totally new rebuild.

Soma

Post by Soma » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:20 pm

esky wrote:In vst use i cannot find the buttons to resize the frame to let the ensembles fit in...in 5.1.5 second row from the top on the right side. Where are they now...? 8O
The arrow drop down->settings->auto optimal size

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:09 am

Poster wrote:
re.mark wrote:
DEFINATELY

New favourite synth????
sound quality is ace and that 'note off attack/release' mode is adding so much movement..
+1 love the Lazerbass!

dum

Post by dum » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 am

Jarvisimon wrote:
Poster wrote:sure.. R5 is still great for many years to work with without hitting ceiling, but 5+ years of zero development..?
Imagine what it would be like if Ableton decided to go back to the yearly update schedule again?

It would be a mess and people would leave in droves.

Yeah five years is a long time and it's quite annoying that in those 5 yrs, NI have added and discontinued a number of products, (thinking Akoustic Piano's, Bandstand and possibly that delay effect thingy) when the effort could have gone in to other things, such as Reaktor. And yes, it's a pain that Reaktor 6 is probably not due for a couple more years at least, so unlikely you'll be getting your requests seen to any time soon, which i'll agree, can't be very encouraging for someone who's picked up some building skills but as a novice.....well, i'm pleased it's had something fresh breathed into it, even if it's not a totally new rebuild.
it took them no effort to discontinue something though. For instance, spektral delay. Which still works with OSX 10.6 despite being discontinued after 10.4... sucks that they're not obliged to support it as OS's evolve, but so-far-so-good. I'll get my money's worth...
I don't think they've been wasting time either, I use most of their tools and they're all excellent in almost every way...and superb value for money.

Posters requests were almost entirely workflow improvements. Nice, but hardly exciting..
in fact, this .5 update is much more exciting to me than any single thing he listed...at least there's new synthesis modules. for free.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.