Simpler sample start time!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
errorspending

Simpler sample start time!

Post by errorspending » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:26 am

This may already be in a request thread, but it would be amazing if you could allow the user to drag the simpler start flag back earlier than the audio file actually begins (the same way that you can drag the start point of an audio clip back earlier than the recorded audio starts). This would help enormously when layering drum sounds together. That way you wouldn't have to adjust the start points of the midi notes, and you could work within one "multi" pad of the drum rack instead of separate pads that require separate notes....

This isn't an issue when working with home recorded files or loop files because there is often extra space before the sound starts, but for single drum hits it would be incredibly helpful!!!! :)

Thanks!!!

re.mark

Re: Simpler sample start time!

Post by re.mark » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:21 am

rather than a start time going backwards into nothing-ness, perhaps a delay start knob?

errorspending

Re: Simpler sample start time!

Post by errorspending » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Would be fine with me, I just didn't know where they could fit the extra knob...simpler is already pretty cramped, so I thought dragging the flag farther back would be an easier solution than redesigning the interface. :)