Porcupine Tree

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chaibuka

Porcupine Tree

Post by chaibuka » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:33 pm

Here's a chance to here a song off Porcupine Tree's new album. Good stuff even if your not into metal type guitar.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/porc ... ee/bonnie/

logic_user99

Re: Porcupine Tree

Post by logic_user99 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:03 am

New album? I thought this was the EP that came with 'The Incident' (good album, BTW, but no 'In Absentia')
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

distaudio

Post by distaudio » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:36 am

Correct. It was an additional track added on "The Incident"

Wicked song. Wicked band.

Got a chance to see them live and it was one of the best gigs I have ever been to.

Helped in part to the complete ban of photographic and video recording devices.

More bands I believe should take that approach with their "Live Expereinces"

chaibuka

Post by chaibuka » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:49 pm

My mistake, Somehow I got confused with the caption on the video. They were just in Buffalo, NY spring 2010 but couldn't make it. I knew I'd regret it after watching the "Porcupine Tree: Arriving Somewhere" DVD. Gotta give Steven Wilson lots of credit for being so productive and creative at the same time.

mojofunk

Post by mojofunk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Yo Spencerport - what up?

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Not my style of music but read a good story on Steve Wilson in Tape Op. He's getting really renowned for his surround mixing and remastering and he pretty much just uses stock Logic plugs and his ears.
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

chaibuka

Post by chaibuka » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:32 am

mojofunk wrote:Yo Spencerport - what up?
How's it going
I'm down because we don't get as many concerts. By the way you ever been to the Tralf Music Hall.

mojofunk

Post by mojofunk » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:00 pm

It's nice to see that I am not the only person in Western New York who is absorbing the, uh, "high culture" here in the forums! Yeah - the Tralf used to be great - it was owned by Bobby Militello, who plays sax in The Dave Brubeck Quartet (google that, and be prepared to be amazed), and I have seen countless of my idols play there: Bill Frisell, David Torn, Marcus Miller, David Bromberg, Tuck and Patti, Albert King, Freddie King, Roy Buchannon, and about 50 other stunning greats (I cant remember - I am still drunk from last nights free fan appreciation show at Club Diablo with Green Jelly, and The Fabulous Miss Wendy!). Unfortunately Mr. Militello sold the place last year, and the schedule has stopped being awesome . . . Pink Floyd cover bands and shit like that now. It's still an amazing room (I played there once!), but they're just not booking the world class awesomeness any more - boo! Let me know if yer coming to buffalo for any shows - I'll buy you a beer, and we can talk Live!