IKM Virtual Instruments Group Buy!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
vido

Re: IKM Virtual Instruments Group Buy!!!

Post by vido » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:33 pm

I run OSX, latest Leopard, and I'm still on 8.1.3

LOADS OF TROUBLE using IK Multimedia plugins: they seem to crash every time I save or close a project. I'm mostly in arrangement-view.

I've sent some bug-reports to IK-multimedia and Ableton, since I got Sampletank etc about half a year ago. I've basically quit using IK-multimedia-products because of all the problems.

I was in on the latest group-buy, but have nearly not touched the new samples as I'm only getting problems.

They have resources to program and market new iphone-apps - but not to solve fundamental problems in one of they're most popular products???

Stay away until they have solved the problems!!!
Collab with Jeremy Blake of Red Means Recording:

Blake and Axe; "All The Light I Do Not See"
Spotify: https://goo.gl/MR8Wjr
Tidal: https://goo.gl/s35W33
Google Play: https://goo.gl/HQ1g7E
Amazon: https://goo.gl/cx5dUL

Not the usual stuff.

BarBeCutie

Post by BarBeCutie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi All:

Group buy has 1429 users! Only 71 left to reach 5x1!

5 days left to join!

BBC

eSoundz user name: BarBeCutie

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:15 am

I'm in the same boat as Vido there. I've decided not to take part in this group buy even though I have been generally very happy with IK Multimedia, and I have licenses for all the Amplitube products prior to Amplitube 3, all the T-Racks singles, and participated twice in the earlier buy of Sampletank content.

Why? Because IK Multimedia plugins crash Live so much I have to work around it every time I use them. I know I'll kick myself later, but given that I bought the T-Racks plugins practically one year ago and the situation hasn't changed despite bug reports, I'm not convinced there will be a fix any time soon. I'm not quite sure whether the problem is at the Ableton or IK end, but you guys should really meet face to face and sort it out :D

I love the sound of these products, and I can work around the crashy behavior most of the time, but it IS a hassle, especially in the bigger projects I have lately gotten myself into.

The crashes can be summed up like this: if you have an active loop going in arrangement, and an IK Multimedia plugin loaded, your project WILL crash. If the loop is just a few bars long, it will crash sooner (something like 1-5 minutes). But eventually, in any case, it will crash.

It doesn't matter if it's just a project with one single track, and just one IK Multimedia plugin on it: it crashes. Without the plugin, it never does. Sampletank, T-Racks, anything, although I have a feeling Sampletank (and thus the products on sale now) does it more than the effect plugins.

I can work around this by manually stopping and starting the arrangement repeatedly, instead of having it on a loop, and working in the session view as much as possible -- but sometimes I'd just reaaaaally like to audition something I have going in the arrangement view, in a loop, without bouncing it to a session view clip first :(

And oh, it still crashes at some point when working this way, when I have IK plugins loaded, but just much much more seldom. It's the "buffer override sound" type of crash, your audio suddenly halting and going into a sustained "grrrrrrrrrrk", and Live freezing.

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:37 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This doesn't sound like something that happens to everyone so the best solution is to contact support and they will do what they do best - get the problem resolved. Thanks!
Crashes happen to a LOT of people using IK Multimedia products in Live. Also, contacting support hasn't so far helped, but they answer in a very caring manner, though :), so I don't think all hope is lost. However, I definitely wouldn't count on buying these and hoping them to work in the near future as, apparently, this has been the case for years. Or... How is it coming along at the IK end?

Edit: here's just one Google search for Sampletank related crashes on the ableton.com site: http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aa ... nk+crashes -- many of the numerous threads are describing similar type of crashing for a long time now.

BarBeCutie

Post by BarBeCutie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:11 am

Hi All:

The group buy made it to 5X1! Yay!

4 days left to join!

BBC

BarBeCutie

Post by BarBeCutie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:32 am

Hi All:

The Group Buy has been extended to August 31st 2010!

It is currently at 5X1! So anyone that joins now - gets all 5 IKM virtual instruments for the price of one!

To top it off - everyone that joins gets a free T-Racks single when 3,000 users register!

There are currently 2067 users. 933 needed to get FREE T-Racks 3 Single.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/Main.html?viextra/index.php

and

http://www.esoundz.com/news1.php?nbr=5969

BBC

BarBeCutie

Post by BarBeCutie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:07 am

Hi All:

The IKM Virtual Instrument group buy is at 5X1.

Buy one of the following and get the other four for free!

• SampleTank 2 XL
• Miroslav Philharmonik
• Sonik Synth 2
• SampleMoog
• SampleTron

There are currently 2,516 users. 484 users needed get a FREE T-Racks 3 Single title.

19 days left to join.

BBC

BarBeCutie

Post by BarBeCutie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:00 am

IKM Virtual Instrument Group Buy is currently 5X1!

The group buy has 2767 users!

233 users needed to get a FREE T-Racks 3 Single title!

11 days left to join!

BBC

BarBeCutie

Post by BarBeCutie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:45 am

Hi All:

There are 7 days left to join the IKM Virtual Instrument Group Buy.

The group buy is currently 5X1 (buy 1 get 4 free) + get a FREE T-RackS 3 Single title of your choice!

BBC

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Has there been advancement during the last month, in fixing the persistent crashing issues?

IP

Post by IP » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:15 pm

still many probs with live here... no news

GilJ

Post by GilJ » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:04 pm

IP wrote:still many probs with live here... no news
Hi,

Any news about the problems with some Ik Multimedia's plugins and Live please?
I have been using quite a lot Sampletank Xl (v2.5) and T-racks (v1.3) with Live (v8.2.1) recently and I encountered a lot of crashes, mainly in the arrangement view, when I clicked in Live's scrub area in order to make playback jump to backwards/forwards, or when a clip is being looped in the arrangement view :(

I have already sent a couple of crash reports to Ableton...

Thanks,
GilJ.

IP

Post by IP » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:28 pm

dont know man ...
i finally sell all my IK plugs :?
1 year + and most of the problems remained the same so...

GilJ

Post by GilJ » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:35 pm

IP wrote:i finally sell all my IK plugs :?
Thanks IP...
I hope that I won't have to take such a decision though :? :(

Peevy

Post by Peevy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:26 pm

GilJ wrote:
IP wrote:i finally sell all my IK plugs :?
Thanks IP...
I hope that I won't have to take such a decision though :? :(
Yeah its a real bummer that this is still going on. I have Sampletank & Amplitube 3 & there's definitely no way I'm getting rid of Amplitube.
Ableton have said they now know what the problem was & that IK were working on a fix for it but that's a while ago. I also PM'd Peter at IK Multimedia about it, he said he knew nothing about it but would look into it & get back to me but he never did.

Someone did say something in the Ableton Support Forum about changing their asio drivers sample rate to 48000Hz seemed to sort it for them. I haven't tried it though. I've had a few crashes myself while in arrange few but Session View seems be completely fine.

So come on Ableton/IK Multimedia can we please finally get something sorted here!
Image Image Image Image